PDA

View Full Version : The city-states around the Middle Sea

Lingon
03-20-2014, 02:05 PM
I know, I know, awfully unoriginal name :oops:
But if you'll forgive the name, here's my newest map. I wanted to make something more realistic than I usually do, and also challenge myself with a pure black/white. The waves seem to be a bit of a love or hate thing, so feel free to do either :D

As usual, it's an ink drawing with Photoshop labels, and the font I used is Blackmoor Let.

Thanks everyone who commented on the WIP and the "Semi-realistic medieval experiment thingy"!

- Max -
03-20-2014, 03:37 PM
Nice map, Lingon. The font looks good on labels (though less on the title to my tastes).

Ilanthar
03-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Nice and clean! You've found the good way to use the waves, and the rest is well drawn (as usual).

Nathan
03-21-2014, 05:44 AM
Nice map. Same as above, really like the font and the overall style of the map.

Lingon
03-21-2014, 04:16 PM
Cheers, much appreciated!

Llannagh
03-22-2014, 05:32 AM
I agree with Max. My first thought when I saw this was actually "Oh, a map from the Wild West!" because of the font. :) As for the waves, maybe if you'd drawn a few out on the sea, as kind of a fade out, it would have worked a bit better. This way to me it seems a little like relief lines which makes me think the coastlines are mountains.

Sorry for the (too) late critique here, been busy, so I didn't have the time to post in the WIP.

Still, great map. Thumbs up!

Lingon
03-23-2014, 05:23 AM
Hm, wild west? There was a revival for medieval scripts in the 19th century, but… to me this font feels completely medieval :)
I did consider doing what you suggest with the waves, but I decided not to as it could make it look like there are tiny islands there.
Thanks for the thumbs :D