PDA

View Full Version : Cartographers, Ho!

jkat718
03-27-2014, 05:37 AM
Hello, Cartographer's Guild! My name is Jkat718, usually shortened to Kat or Jkat. I'm very new to mapping and cartography as a whole, but I'm willing to learn the hard way. :) I first started looking into mapping when I was trying to find good random country generators, and was referred here. I play D&D 3.x, although my current group sticks to strictly 3e. We are a group of 8 (7 players, 1 DM), and have a rotating DM assignment. We all write our own campaigns, but use random generators for most aspects of the game. I've been playing D&D for three years, and have been doodling around with image editing software for a few years before that. I will probably tend to make city maps and battlemaps, as those are what my group needs most, but I really like making continent maps. Cheers, Jkat.

Slylok
03-28-2014, 10:20 PM
Welcome Jkat! you've already given me some good advice :D

Bogie
03-29-2014, 02:12 AM
Welcome to the Guild! Battlemaps, buildings, and dungeons are my favorites. Have fun!

jkat718
03-31-2014, 05:15 AM
It's no problem, Sly! I really love your Arillia, even if you aren't finished yet. That is the kind of map that I'd buy a print of and then hang on my wall. It's a real work of art. How do you make (or where do you get) the slightly-off-but-still-similar color palettes that you used for the countries? Also, I really like your map labels, such as the above one, and the two Schataria maps.

jkat718
03-31-2014, 05:19 AM
Thanks, Bogie! I see that you're have the title of Community Leader here. So does that mean I get to pester you with all of my newbie questions? :P

arsheesh
04-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the Guild jkat718!

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

jkat718
04-04-2014, 01:36 AM
Thanks, Arsheesh!