PDA

View Full Version : Galnotir - A Commission

MadLetter
03-31-2014, 08:50 AM
I recently finished up a commission for a friend of mine. Check it out!

http://www.madletter.net/img/galnotir/Galnotir_Final_25_03_2014.jpg

Critique and criticism is welcome!

Sapiento
03-31-2014, 09:10 AM
Looks good, but the scale bar is not very informative.

MadLetter
03-31-2014, 09:18 AM
That is, as of yet, the expected status. I have not yet been informed of the actual size of things. It's the last detail missing.

madcowchef
03-31-2014, 11:58 AM
Borders improve pretty much any map, even just simple borders.

Raptori
03-31-2014, 12:09 PM
Borders improve pretty much any map, even just simple borders.

Beat me to it :)

Nice map other than that! Love the river systems.

MadLetter
03-31-2014, 12:19 PM
I tried to make the rivers as good as I could, seems it worked :)

As for Borders... wasn't part of the commission, although they might get added in later when my friend has more information available.

For some context: It's for a Minecraft RP Server, and the only thing that currently is (mostly) done of it in-game is the part of the continent jutting out on the south, where the volcanoe is, up to the point where the land widens into the full continent. I suspect I'll get some added requests given time! :)

At this juncture, I'd also like to thank Pasis, if he still checks around here, for this glorious tutorial on mountains I read many years ago. It defined my style, even though I chose other techniques for the rest of the map :)

Neyjour
03-31-2014, 09:58 PM
That's just beautiful! I really like this style, and your colours and textures are wonderful! I'd also really love to see a version with labels, icons/symbols, roads, etc. :)

I definitely agree that a nice border would be the perfect "finishing touch". ;)

Oh, and I love that volcano on the southern island!! :D

MadLetter
04-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Happy you like the composition. It's one of my best works so far.

Sadly locatiosn, roads and so on are not gonna be on that map any time soon. As mentioned above, the world itself is still under construction and it takes a very long time!

I will, though, post another map with labels in the same stlye mostly.