PDA

View Full Version : My RPG Campaign Setting

J Digory
08-05-2008, 04:34 AM
I have been working on this one rpg forever...I have a lot done, but now is the time to flesh out a lot of details. And maps are some of those details. If you saw my introduction, you would know I am pretty map-mentally challenged. But there are some awesome artists here on the site...and despite about 40 crashes from Painter, I am now ready to show the fruits of this day's labor.

Vapour really inspired me with his finished map (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2672) he posted. I have no idea how he did it, but it gave me some ideas on how I would like my own map to look.

Steel General
08-05-2008, 07:56 AM
I really like the color scheme so far.

The coastal details are well...different, and aren't exactly to my taste, but hey, that's why we put these out here to see what everyone else thinks. :)

If I have any real criticisms, its that the majority of the islands are awfully 'round'. Maybe distort some of those that are close to the coast so that they somewhat mimic the coastline?

Looking forward to see hw this progresses.

landorl
08-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I think this is a great start. I like the color scheme a lot. It is hard to tell much more until you get further along in the details though.

J Digory
08-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I should fix up those islands more. Thanks. :)
Sure is a lot of work. hehe

PokealypseNow
08-07-2008, 07:07 AM
I love the texture you've given the piece.

My only immediate c&c would be the shoreline / shallows effect. It seems to mimic rock and stone more than water and wave, but hey - everybody's got their unique style.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Ghalev
08-07-2008, 01:52 PM
My main issue with the coastline effect isn't the pattern (it's unusual but has a certain thing going on) but rather the conspiciously-digital fade effect, which seems to contradict the rest of the look (which is less conspiciously digital).

But if that's intentional, that's cool too. I like the colors.

Midgardsormr
08-10-2008, 01:53 AM
I wouldn't have noticed the fade if Ghalev hadn't mentioned it. I really like the coastal texture, as well as the texturing as a whole. I also really like the look of your text--is that incredibly consistent handwriting or a stunningly good handwritten font? Either way, I'm impressed.