PDA

View Full Version : First World Map Project

ltw5
04-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Hello,
I will be posting my progress of my first map using Gimp. I have been running the same campaign for over 2 years. This is the starting map that I want to upgrade. 63133 I am going to attempt to use RobA's Tutorial (http://www.cartographersguild.com/tutorials-how/1142-%5Baward-winner%5D-using-gimp-create-artistic-regional-rpg-map.html), unless someone has a better solution.

In addition, the political structure of my campaign is Feudalism. So I also need to create several maps with Feudal Boundaries.

Freodin
04-12-2014, 10:38 AM
The layout and geography of your land is not too bad... though the colours are eye cancer inducing. ;)

It will be interesting to see your new version.

Rob's style is very well suited to such a colourful approach, though for a political map, you might want to look for some less detailed styles.

NedS298
04-13-2014, 09:10 AM
It's okay for a first try; however, your colours are shockingly bright and saturated, the actual features are too simple (both map and icons) and the rivers seem to be following some very unusual paths; I'm sure that if you rectify these problems it'll come along well, though.

jkat718
04-24-2014, 04:54 AM
It looks like, in order to make the forest, you found a forest tile and filled a selection with it. If you want to get a more natural-looking forest, make a brush of a single tree (or a group, but a single tree would probably work better) and draw in the forest with that.