PDA

View Full Version : OMG, I'm SO RELIEVED

töff
08-06-2008, 11:19 PM
You ever look for a map you made, and can't find the file? Does it feel like someone pulled your stomach out through your (whatever bad orifice)? YES I HAVE -- YES IT DOES.

But I *found* the durn thing, hidden in a .Rar archive, on an old backup disk!

WOOHOO! SNOOPY DANCE! OK, it's not my greatest map, nor even a great map, but I really did not want to lose this one!

ravells
08-07-2008, 04:19 AM
Lovely design (as usual) toff, what was it going to be used for?

Steel General
08-07-2008, 09:17 AM
I like it, it's such a different style. Simple, but effective in some ways then complex and eye-cathing in others (hope that makes sense?).

töff
08-08-2008, 11:28 AM
It's for one of our storyworlds, CyberNation, a post-apocalypse science fantasy setting. We had a whole issue of our magazine devoted to it (http://store.mysteryandmagic.com/?Wayfarer17). This was the inside back cover foldout.

This map was done in Illustrator then ported to Photoshop for stressing, coloring, shading.

Looking back, I shoulda filled all the rings with buildings, because, well, all those rings are full of buildings!

Anyway, when I couldn't find it, I panicked. This is why I usually don't Rar folders in my archives anymore! cuz ya can't search by filename that way.