PDA

View Full Version : How COOL is this?! ((New Member))

Nordicblood1
05-13-2014, 12:37 AM
Hello Cartographers!!

I am EXTREMELY pleased to find this site. I honestly thought I was one of the last people who enjoyed creating a good map, and come to find out there's still a community out there who participates in this art form! Hah! Anyhow, I don't use software...I hand draw each and everyone of my maps. I have real maps, fantasy maps, and hybrids of the two (ex: NYC after a nuclear war or dragon attack)

I am very excited to see others work, and learn some new techniques to really bring my maps to life. Sometimes I feel my landmarks are a little dry and redundant. I also collect maps, so if I see a few on here I may be contacting you to negotiate a price!

Well like I said, excited to be here and I look forward to meeting you all.

-Nordicblood

madcowchef
05-13-2014, 12:51 AM
Welcome to the guild. I'm a big fan of hand drawn maps I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Bogie
05-13-2014, 12:58 AM
Welcome Nordicblood1. Looking forward to seeing your maps.

Nordicblood1
05-13-2014, 01:10 AM
When I can figure out how to get some of them up here using a scanner I'll make sure to post some.

Maker of the Way
05-14-2014, 06:44 PM
Welcome fellow mapper. Look forward to seeing your work. I too am a strictly hand-drawn map kind of cartographer and was so pleased to find this site.

ravells
05-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Good to have you here. We all came here like you....thinking we were the only ones! A madness shared is a madness doubled, as they say ;)