PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Pyre
05-23-2014, 06:31 AM
Hello everyone! I recently graduated with a degree in GIS. My wife and I are currently WWOOFing in New Zealand for a few months before hopefully finding jobs in our fields and settling down for a couple years.

I have always loved maps and recently had the spare time to start practicing hand drawing. I've started with a map from my favorite fantasy book series Eragon. I don't really know what I'm doing with hand drawn maps other than what I learned in a cartography class, but it's very enjoyable to see quick progress.

madcowchef
05-23-2014, 09:58 AM
Welcome to the guild. My favorite kind of introduction, one with a map!

Domino44
05-23-2014, 11:34 PM
Welcome to the Guild! I like that map better then the original one in the book! Great job, I really love how you did the forests.

jbgibson
05-25-2014, 10:44 PM
Cool. (http://www.wwoof.net/) Don't assume we would be uninterested in sketches of your farm work!

Nice work on the Eragon map. And a map in your very first post warrants a bit of rep - thank you for jumping right in!

Pyre
05-26-2014, 03:50 AM
Thank YOU. My wife is the real artist between us. She's done some amazing sketches of cows and deer thus far. I am doing rough maps of all the farms we've been working at, but I'm still very beginner with all of this.