PDA

View Full Version : August challenge: The Grist.

Lord
08-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Hi, this is my first time doing a challenge, well I joined only a few days ago.

I will be doing 7''x7'' tiles. This is the first one, just to get the style down.

The dungeon is called the Grist, it will be pretty standard and dilapidated. It's entirely done in photoshop.

Gamerprinter
08-12-2008, 01:45 AM
"Good Lord!" (pun intended) :P

Nice work! Dark and moody, just the thing to get the adventurers blood pumping - I really like this. Sweet painterly style.

Welcome to the boards, Lord.

Its nice to see one of the Conquer Club members jumping into a monthly challenge right off the bat. Good Luck!

Keep up this quality and you'll be getting one of my multi-votes! (This forum allows multi-choice on voting up to 3.)

GP

Redrobes
08-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Yeowzers, thats mighty fine ! A handful of map tiles like that and I think your in for a front runner pack finish !

Definitely some rep heading your way.

Steel General
08-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Very nice, looking forward to seeing the rest.

Lord
08-12-2008, 09:00 AM
"Good Lord!" (pun intended) :P

Nice work! Dark and moody, just the thing to get the adventurers blood pumping - I really like this. Sweet painterly style.

Welcome to the boards, Lord.

Its nice to see one of the Conquer Club members jumping into a monthly challenge right off the bat. Good Luck!

Keep up this quality and you'll be getting one of my multi-votes! (This forum allows multi-choice on voting up to 3.)

GP

Thanks. I have never done a map on this scale so I am getting use to the style, its quite different. I hope to do the tiles geomorphic like your terrain set, though it should be a bit easier since only the entrances have to match up.

Also the fireplace is an object, the shadows and light can come with it for a diameter of 15 feet. I can post that alone if anyone wants it, though I am not soo sure how the lighting will play on other textures.

Yeowzers, thats mighty fine ! A handful of map tiles like that and I think your in for a front runner pack finish !

Definitely some rep heading your way.

Thanks. Whats rep?

Gamerprinter
08-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Lord,

"Rep" is reputation. Notice the balance symbol, located beneath your name (between the other two symbols) at the bottom of your name/stats block to the left of any of these posts. By clicking on this symbol you are revealed any reputation points assigned to you for good works.

Any of us who think you deserve some "rep" can click on your balance and apply a point or two of Rep - giving you higher status here.

You should equally give someone else Rep, whenever you feel they especially help you out with tips/tricks or is especially creative in a given project.

What comes around, goes around - spread Rep around where you see fit, you'll surely be earning some of your own.

Here's some Rep for you, Lord! :D

GP

RPMiller
08-12-2008, 11:05 AM
There's also a Sticky Thread here on it: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=720 :)

Lord
08-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Ok so here are two more tiles. Just a basic straight hallway and a basic corner. The hallways has a torch lit and some spent torches on the ground, all are objects and can be removed. The corner has a cave in, which is another object, though it will only fit there, but it can be removed. The hallway has the grid on it.

I will work on some more 'rooms' as this is starting to look like a cave. Though the Grist is an abandoned dungeon.

Redrobes
08-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Theres going to be many more ohhs and ahhs from over here. These are great.

Edit -- I should also mention. I run a script now and again which generates a page of thumbnails for all the competition entries. There is a sticky thread about that under the challenges section with the full details. Your already on that page as the script grabs just any image it can as the latest thumbnail but if you want to tag an image as the latest work in progress then use the latest wip tag with #'s as specified in that sticky. Then the script will use that image until you put in another tag. It always uses the last one it finds.

Here is a Link to the current August challenge thumbnails (http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/CG/ChallengeTN/Challengers_Aug08.htm)

These change as we get new entrants and new updates. I used to do it by hand but I made a script cos it got tedious after a while.

someguy
08-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Cool, very nice, I plan to make use of them once you have more of them. And you can count on my vote when its time for voting.

Lord
08-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Ok here are two more tiles. One T section and a four-way. These are the last 'narrow' path tiles I'll be making since now one has all the tiles need to make loops and various other hallway configurations. The grid is shown on the 4-way. Do people prefer gridded or non- gridded? I can do both but would prefer not to uploaded duplicates each post.

The next tiles will be more room oriented.

The T-way has two skeletal remains which can be moved.

If anyone has any requests for room specifics let me know.

Gamerprinter
08-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Ok here are two more tiles. One T section and a four-way. These are the last 'narrow' path tiles I'll be making since now one has all the tiles need to make loops and various other hallway configurations. The grid is shown on the 4-way. Do people prefer gridded or non- gridded? I can do both but would prefer not to uploaded duplicates each post.

The next tiles will be more room oriented.

The T-way has two skeletal remains which can be moved.

If anyone has any requests for room specifics let me know.

Lord, the challenge requires both. On my challenge thread, I've mostly uploaded non-gridded versions. Finally I uploaded a 15 MB PDF with all my gridded dungeon tiles. Those who use VT applications use non-gridded as they can apply their own grid, (square or hex) at their own scale.

In actual tabletop game play, with printed versions - they must have grids. This challenge caters to both types of users.

GP

Lord
08-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Lord, the challenge requires both. On my challenge thread, I've mostly uploaded non-gridded versions. Finally I uploaded a 15 MB PDF with all my gridded dungeon tiles. Those who use VT applications use non-gridded as they can apply their own grid, (square or hex) at their own scale.

In actual tabletop game play, with printed versions - they must have grids. This challenge caters to both types of users.

GP

Ok, gotcha. Then I will just upload non-gridded and do a PDF with a grid at the end.

RPMiller
08-13-2008, 10:50 AM
If I could make a selfish VTT request? When you do VTT maps they should look "lit up" through out. This makes them look more realistic when light is actually used in the VTT. Since MapTool is my VTT of choice I'll use it as an example. I can drop all the tiles into MapTool (MT) and then cover the whole thing with "darkness" and with "fog of war". Then for the character tokens I give them their own light source such as a torch, spell, or even dark vision. Now as they move around on the map it exposes what is below the fog of war and also lights up the area they move into. So by having a map that is already "lit up" it will look more natural. If it is already dark and gloomy, when it gets "lit up" by their light source the PCs will ask "what sort of magical darkness is this?". If you get what I'm saying.

Redrobes
08-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Lord, the challenge requires both.
Where does it say that ? I only read that it must have a grid.

Gamerprinter
08-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Where does it say that ? I only read that it must have a grid.

I guess you are correct - only gridded maps are required. Because of the allowed version for VTs and the fact the most VTs prefer no grid - I added that requirement myself, oops!

Still, I'm doing both to cater to both types of users.

Sorry for the thread jack, Lord!

GP

Lord
08-13-2008, 12:39 PM
If I could make a selfish VTT request? When you do VTT maps they should look "lit up" through out. This makes them look more realistic when light is actually used in the VTT. Since MapTool is my VTT of choice I'll use it as an example. I can drop all the tiles into MapTool (MT) and then cover the whole thing with "darkness" and with "fog of war". Then for the character tokens I give them their own light source such as a torch, spell, or even dark vision. Now as they move around on the map it exposes what is below the fog of war and also lights up the area they move into. So by having a map that is already "lit up" it will look more natural. If it is already dark and gloomy, when it gets "lit up" by their light source the PCs will ask "what sort of magical darkness is this?". If you get what I'm saying.

Ok so... should the light be general ambient light, or from a source like a torch or something, I am guessing it should be ambient. Also would it be possible to take a screen shot of a map that has VTT darkness and is lit up by a source of your chosing? It would really help me get a feel for it.

Lastly, if it lit up by a torch, then it should have a yellowish oranging tint to it. Is this prefered rather than no-tint which might look lit up like florescents or something.

RPMiller
08-13-2008, 01:17 PM
It should be ambient light. Basically no darkness.
Light sources can actually be dropped in via MT so I can put torches on walls and light up the whole scene that way.

To clarify, since the challenge is for printed tiles this is all "extra" and don't do it if it impacts getting the challenge finished. It is more of an "after you're done" thing although planning for it is probably a good idea so put light sources on their own layer for example.

As for tinting, the light source itself will eventually have that, but for now we use light sources that have translucent halos of an appropriate color to basically do that.

Here is a cropped screen capture of MT. Note that the 'i' in the top left corner and the 'elf token' both have candle light radii around them. The rest of the room is dimly lit and outside the room is black because of fog of war. The actual color of the texture is what you see in the "lit up" area surrounding both tokens. I've included a sample of that texture so that you can see it without any MT processing.

RPMiller
08-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh, and if you want to see more of what MT can do follow this link:

http://rptoolstutorials.net/maptool.htm

There are a bunch of videos there of how MT works and what it can do. They were made with a slightly older version of MT, but they will give you considerable insight. The latest version of MT has some incredible new features, but that is a different discussion. :)

Lord
08-13-2008, 01:48 PM
RP,

Thanks I think I got it. I watched a few tutorials and I think RPTool is really impressive, did you make it?

So for the challenge I will just uploaded cridded tiles with my own light. Then after the challenge I will revisit them for VTT's. All the darkness/light is on seperate layers so its just a matter of turning them off and on.

Gamerprinter
08-13-2008, 02:55 PM
RPMiller is his name, whereas RPTools is RolePlaying Tools, which MapTools is a part of. RPMiller is a user and enthusiastic promoter as a fan. RPTools is not RPMiller.

There's another member here, Trevor, he's actually the main developer of those apps and the website.

RPMiller, gets that all the time though! :lol:

GP

RPMiller
08-13-2008, 03:14 PM
RP,

Thanks I think I got it. I watched a few tutorials and I think RPTool is really impressive, did you make it?

So for the challenge I will just uploaded cridded tiles with my own light. Then after the challenge I will revisit them for VTT's. All the darkness/light is on seperate layers so its just a matter of turning them off and on.

Excellent to read! It looks like you are on your way to becoming a VTT user. ;) I look forward to both the challenge submission and the VTT maps. If you are at all inclined, I would suggest you join the RPTools forums and share your VTT maps with them as well. They would really appreciate it and you might even get a commission out of the deal. :D

As for the question of did I make it...

RPMiller is his name, whereas RPTools is RolePlaying Tools, which MapTools is a part of. RPMiller is a user and enthusiastic promoter as a fan. RPTools is not RPMiller.

There's another member here, Trevor, he's actually the main developer of those apps and the website.

RPMiller, gets that all the time though! :lol:

GP

It is rather ironic that my real life initials would match up with my hobby isn't it? 8) Yes, GP is correct. I didn't have anything to do with its creation. That is all Trevor's doing, but as GP mentioned, I'm an enthusiastic promoter. ;) :D Let's see... Enthusiastic Promoter of RPTools... EPoRPT? How about ePoRT? :twisted: I think I'll put that in my sig and see how many questions I can get. :twisted:

Lord
08-14-2008, 12:37 AM
Excellent to read! It looks like you are on your way to becoming a VTT user.

I actually don't play VTT, table top or any form of RPG, I haven't played D&D since the 4th grade. I just like making maps.

Let's see... Enthusiastic Promoter of RPTools... EPoRPT? How about ePoRT? I think I'll put that in my sig and see how many questions I can get.

I think the best term would be Chief Evangelist, which I have actually seen on some business cards.

ok Back on topic. Here is the first stand alone room. One is bare and one has some tombs. All the tombs are custom by me and they are all different. The broken one is empty because it's been looted.

### Latest WIP ###

RPMiller
08-14-2008, 12:52 PM
I actually don't play VTT, table top or any form of RPG, I haven't played D&D since the 4th grade. I just like making maps.

I don't play D&D either. I play good roleplaying games. :twisted: Oh zing! :lol: Just kidding people! Honestly though, I haven't played D&D in a very long time. The last time I played it I DMed for my kids and took them on a short adventure to introduce them to roleplaying in general and show them the most popular system. Since then they have only played Champions cause we all like superheroes. :)

Regardless, thank you very much for providing such beautiful maps to the challenge and I seriously appreciate anyone that makes maps just to make them and especially when they contribute them for others to use so thank you again. :D

I think the best term would be Chief Evangelist, which I have actually seen on some business cards.

Hm... While I would consider using that, I'm actually no the chiefest of Chief Evangelists. ;)

ok Back on topic. Here is the first stand alone room. One is bare and one has some tombs. All the tombs are custom by me and they are all different. The broken one is empty because it's been looted.

Those tombs are beautiful! Will you be able to provide those as separate objects when you are done? Definitely some of the nicest I've seen.

Lord
08-14-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't play D&D either. I play good roleplaying games. Oh zing! Just kidding people! Honestly though, I haven't played D&D in a very long time.

While I don't play RPG's I have always enjoyed the realms they inhabit. In the fourth grade I rarely actually played D&D, I really just liked reading the beastiary. I'd like to enjoy RPg games but I am afraid I can't really find the time. My all time favorite game though was Ultima 7 The Black Gate, which I played in the 7th grade. I still draw a lot of inspiration from that series.

Those tombs are beautiful! Will you be able to provide those as separate objects when you are done? Definitely some of the nicest I've seen.

Yes I can, though I use a lot of over painting for shadows and shading. If I make them objects it would be with a minimal drop shadow, so it may not fit in as nicely as it does in my tile, but it should still look good.

Lord
08-14-2008, 01:50 PM
btw, does anyone have any request for custom objects that would go in a dungeon room. Each tile I do will have a bare room or rooms and the room or rooms with an object or something.

The next thing I will probably do is a dilapidated throne of some sort. Any other ideas?

RPMiller
08-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Columns are always a great addition.

Lord
08-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Here are three more tiles. They all use the same empty room.

One is the plain empty room tile with corner exits.

One has a movable 'wall' object than can be used to plug any exit way to create dead ends. It's currently plugging the southern exit.

One is the corner room with a movable center column or rock wall.

One is the corner room with 4 rock columns. They cannot overlap each other.

No on to more interesting rooms.

Lord
08-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Columns are always a great addition.

I'm not sure what you mean by columns... i put in some rock wall columns but I don't think thats what you meant.

Redrobes
08-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Ohhh, Ahhh etc - yeah these are real cool. I like the wip tag earlier to :) . Next time I run the script you should have that sarcophagi image as the thumbnail.

I think that for your style of rough cave then stalagmites and stalactites would be good and when they link up you get a pillar or a column so maybe some thinner round craggy type columns would be the natural type. The way you have done the rock pillars is great - a kind of small black cross section with rough splay where it joins the floor.

Cave pools are often good too tho slightly harder to make. Bit of the ole alpha blended water tokens. Boulders and rubble tokens can allow you to modify the basic tiles too, or even block off sections etc.

These kind of generic cave type tokens allow you to adapt a basic tile into many varieties.

Another thing that could be fun is light sources - not the light itself. So torches and sconces and stuff like that. The fire you did was exceptional already. I think with a full fire you did right to have it as a fixed part of the base tile as that means you can add all the glow and highlights in from its considerable light emission.

Really loving these tiles. Way to go !!!

someguy
08-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Loving it, These are so cool.

Lord
08-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Ohhh, Ahhh etc - yeah these are real cool. I like the wip tag earlier to :) . Next time I run the script you should have that sarcophagi image as the thumbnail.

I think that for your style of rough cave then stalagmites and stalactites would be good and when they link up you get a pillar or a column so maybe some thinner round craggy type columns would be the natural type. The way you have done the rock pillars is great - a kind of small black cross section with rough splay where it joins the floor.

Cave pools are often good too tho slightly harder to make. Bit of the ole alpha blended water tokens. Boulders and rubble tokens can allow you to modify the basic tiles too, or even block off sections etc.

These kind of generic cave type tokens allow you to adapt a basic tile into many varieties.

Another thing that could be fun is light sources - not the light itself. So torches and sconces and stuff like that. The fire you did was exceptional already. I think with a full fire you did right to have it as a fixed part of the base tile as that means you can add all the glow and highlights in from its considerable light emission.

Really loving these tiles. Way to go !!!

Thanks for the input... but anything you mentioned that involves tokens then im lost since I don't know what tokens are.

I can add the light source, but how is the light added? Also, this isn't a cave per se, its more of a unfinished dilapidated old dungeon or underground lair. If it were a cave it wouldn't have a stone floor. :P

Gamerprinter
08-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the input... but anything you mentioned that involves tokens then im lost since I don't know what tokens are.

I can add the light source, but how is the light added? Also, this isn't a cave per se, its more of a unfinished dilapidated old dungeon or underground lair. If it were a cave it wouldn't have a stone floor. :P

I tried to explain in a past Email, but... think of your dungeon chambers as the map and all other contents in that map are tokens - fire, pillars, torches, tables, everything except the structural.

Notice in my thread all the objects I'm creating now. I'm done with the map tile portion, now I'm creating the contents gamemasters can emplace into the map themselves to fit their campaign and storyline.

Dungeon tiles and tokens are tools for private gamers to use. Let them decide what they want to place into their dungeons. Make a stand-alone campfire available - they can opt to use it or not.

GP

Lord
08-15-2008, 12:10 AM
I tried to explain in a past Email, but... think of your dungeon chambers as the map and all other contents in that map are tokens - fire, pillars, torches, tables, everything except the structural.

Notice in my thread all the objects I'm creating now. I'm done with the map tile portion, now I'm creating the contents gamemasters can emplace into the map themselves to fit their campaign and storyline.

Dungeon tiles and tokens are tools for private gamers to use. Let them decide what they want to place into their dungeons. Make a stand-alone campfire available - they can opt to use it or not.

GP

ok I gotcha. I was a bit confused because I saw a maptool tutorial and they were calling players and monsters tokens, and they actually looked like little round tokens, where as everything else was an object.

Lord
08-15-2008, 12:12 AM
ok two more tiles for tonight.

One is a bare room with a stone back wall and its a T intersection.

The other is the same room only now it houses the throne of the Goat King.

I can't say for sure what happened there, but something rather grizzly went down.

Gamerprinter
08-15-2008, 01:37 AM
ok I gotcha. I was a bit confused because I saw a maptool tutorial and they were calling players and monsters tokens, and they actually looked like little round tokens, where as everything else was an object.

Players and monsters are tokens too!

GP

Redrobes
08-15-2008, 07:00 AM
I ran the script again and your image got updated. I got an email post notification about your query with the tag thing. The script is a manual run I am afraid so it gets done every few days. Its also best not to mention that tag in any post otherwise the script will see it and use the next image.

Anyway thats how it works so what your doing right now is just fine.

RPMiller
08-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Columns would be just that. Stone, marble, natural rock, etc. Just something to help hold up the roof, or decorate a great hall, or a natural formation caused by a stalagmite and a stalactite joining together. Usually drawn in dungeons to hide monsters behind or offer some sort of tactical interest.

Lord
08-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Here are some tiles to make the place labyrinthine if you choose.

Lord
08-15-2008, 11:09 PM
more labyrinthine variety. one of the tiles has two movable wall objects which can be used to create dead ends.

NeonKnight
08-15-2008, 11:46 PM
I like the tiles, very evocative.

The only thing that bugs me (and this is me mind you, so take it with a grain of salt), if the majority of corridors are only 5' wide. This means, for a game like D&D, where each creature occupies a 5x5 square during combat, the fights will become a battle of the front rank between the PCs and the Monsters. Further, Large Monsters (2x2 squares) are even further hampered by needing to squeeze in combat, a major penalty to those of the LARGE size.

Lord
08-16-2008, 12:28 AM
I like the tiles, very evocative.

The only thing that bugs me (and this is me mind you, so take it with a grain of salt), if the majority of corridors are only 5' wide. This means, for a game like D&D, where each creature occupies a 5x5 square during combat, the fights will become a battle of the front rank between the PCs and the Monsters. Further, Large Monsters (2x2 squares) are even further hampered by needing to squeeze in combat, a major penalty to those of the LARGE size.

I can do some bigger corridors. I just wanted to do some maze tiles. It only takes me about 5 minutes per tile.

edit: that type of critique is what I need as I am not too familiar with the mechanics of the various games, so all pointers I can get are helpful.

Lord
08-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Here are some wider pathways. Also there is a underground river tile, a lava flow tile and a tile that has some type of green stuff, I wouldn't mess with it.

someguy
08-17-2008, 01:19 AM
I can do some bigger corridors. I just wanted to do some maze tiles. It only takes me about 5 minutes per tile.

edit: that type of critique is what I need as I am not too familiar with the mechanics of the various games, so all pointers I can get are helpful.

Well you have done a great job with this style of tile. It would also be nice to see some lairs. Like a Hobgoblin lair, Orc lair, bandits hideout, etc.

Lord
08-17-2008, 07:51 AM
Well you have done a great job with this style of tile. It would also be nice to see some lairs. Like a Hobgoblin lair, Orc lair, bandits hideout, etc.

Can you elaborate on what a lair is like?

Gamerprinter
08-17-2008, 12:22 PM
A lair would require several things (I'm including similar in my thread): a fighting position with nearby weapons rack, a living area with something for sleeping quarters, eating and food preparation, and a mean treasure storage. Plus size of such objects - small for kobolds, large for hobgoblins, etc.

GP

someguy
08-17-2008, 09:13 PM
A lair would require several things (I'm including similar in my thread): a fighting position with nearby weapons rack, a living area with something for sleeping quarters, eating and food preparation, and a mean treasure storage. Plus size of such objects - small for kobolds, large for hobgoblins, etc.

GP

Ya, what he said.

Monsters Manual Hobgoblin Lair (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20030725a) Link

Lord
08-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Ok , well here is my first attempt at a lair. It is a bit primitive, I don't know if orcs would go there but there is a partially eaten dead horse, and two fut blankets laid upon some straw. I might take the blankets out, what do you think?

I will take a look at that manual too to get some more ideas.

someguy
08-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Well, I would take out the beds and put in a fire bit with a spit and a table and some crude cooking implements.

Then this would become a good Kitchen tile for an Orc, Goblin, Bugbear, or Ogre lair.

someguy
08-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Also, with the right tokens D8 could be a gathering room for any lair, a table and some chairs with brazers in the corners and it becomes a mess hall, or meeting room for bandits. D14 could become an Ogre Mage's Throne room, The room at the bottom of D15 could become a barracks for a goblin tribe, The rooms in D16 could be storage rooms or private rooms for named NPC's, D22 & D23 can be almost anything with the right tokens.

loogie
08-18-2008, 02:20 AM
i'm with everyone... very nice set

Lord
08-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Ok here is another lair, or perhaps its a thieves den. They have a chest hidden in behind some boxes. I tried to make a table but couldn't get the wood to look right so most of these items are from Dundjinni which embellishments by me. The camp fire is mine again, as is the grizzly scene going on on the larger table. I guess I gravitate towards the macabre when im in a dungeon state of mine.

someguy
08-21-2008, 12:27 AM
Ok here is another lair, or perhaps its a thieves den. They have a chest hidden in behind some boxes. I tried to make a table but couldn't get the wood to look right so most of these items are from Dundjinni which embellishments by me. The camp fire is mine again, as is the grizzly scene going on on the larger table. I guess I gravitate towards the macabre when im in a dungeon state of mine.

Bingo! Great one.

Lord
08-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Some more rooms, using pre-existing tiles.

One is where someone lives a meager hermetic existence,

the other is where a group of not-so-nice people congregate.

Lots of DJ and greytale objects, modified by me.

ravells
08-24-2008, 05:19 PM
This month is going to be a really hard vote...

RobA
08-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Lord - will you share the floor technique? I'm guessing at least two different layers plus the grid, but I can't tell if they are photographs of textures or filter generated. I guessing the smaller rock like texture is from a photo, but can't call the large tile texture.

-Rob A>

Lord
08-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Lord - will you share the floor technique? I'm guessing at least two different layers plus the grid, but I can't tell if they are photographs of textures or filter generated. I guessing the smaller rock like texture is from a photo, but can't call the large tile texture.

-Rob A>

Rob, the flagstone is indeed a filter. Every tile has the same exact floor. I will do a tutorial once the competition ends. It takes me about 3 minutes to do a basic tile now with what I am using.

ravells
08-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Lord - will you share the floor technique?
Rob, the flagstone is indeed a filter.

Sorry I found this really funny.

RobA
08-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Rob, the flagstone is indeed a filter. Every tile has the same exact floor. I will do a tutorial once the competition ends. It takes me about 3 minutes to do a basic tile now with what I am using.

Cool. I would have almost guessed it was a voronoi filter, but the flagstones just seemed random enough to not be....

(waiting with bated breath!)

-Rob A>