PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: New award

Katto
06-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Hi Guilders and Guildies,
looking through the finished map section I am astonished how some of you post new and high quality maps in no time, e.g. Max, Sapiento etc.

I like it because it is fun to study them and also get new ideas. To honour these artists I suggest to add/create a new award for posting xx maps. This could also be a bronze, silver and gold award like the compass in the mapping challenges.

What do you think?

Francissimo
06-13-2014, 01:30 PM
Could be a good idea, but i also see a risk for more low quality maps posted in the finished map section with such an incitation. Personally i sometimes restrained myself from posting a map i did in the finished map section because of its low quality. As a regular map maker i'm "for" your sugestion but we'll then have to find something to control the possible abuse;)

jtougas
06-13-2014, 01:52 PM
I think the idea has merit however I would also be afraid of "mass postings". I have 3 pages of finished maps in almost 4 years of being a member and I am not the most prolific mapper here by any means.

Katto
06-13-2014, 02:16 PM
You are both right and I am also aware of low quality and mass postings. Perhaps this could be avoided by taking the map rating in account.

Gamerprinter
06-13-2014, 03:51 PM
Honestly for every map I post in the Finished Maps forum, there is 10 I didn't. Yet those 10 aren't low quality, I just feel I'm inundating the Finished Maps with all the maps I create. So I only post the most unique ones, generally.