PDA

View Full Version : Board game - "The City"

Torq
06-25-2014, 10:15 AM
This is the map that forms the board of a game I designed that is currently being heavily playtested. Getting to the point now of needing a good looking prototype to show people. Any suggestions on improving the map would be appreciated.

Torq

Gamerprinter
06-25-2014, 10:44 AM
Hey, Torq, have you been posting lately? I don't pop in as often as I used, but I haven't heard a peep out of you in a long time. Welcome back!

Interesting city map, by the way.

GP

Torq
06-26-2014, 05:28 AM
Yes GP, been away doing lots of other things that have kept be really busy. One of those things is a board game about to go to prototype. That's what's brought me back. Been browsing the forums. Had almost forgotten what a good place this is. I must say, it feels like home, but the quality of the map posts is even more amazing than it used to be. I had a good laugh remembering the genesis of the "River Police" award that you are carrying on your profile. Still watching out for forking rivers?

darkquanto
07-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Looks pretty good, what is the goal of the game?

Torq
07-16-2014, 03:15 PM
65781Thanks darkquanto. Six factions vie for control of the influence over the people in 9 quarters in the City. The aim of the game is for a faction to gain the most number of quarters by the end of the 10th turn. Also, each faction has its own individual win condition, which they can try to engineer before the 10th turn. I have changed the map a bit. Here is my latest attempt.

Falconius
07-16-2014, 06:22 PM
Any game that includes an "Audit Phase" has to be good.

Wonderfully detailed map too. I especially like the waterfront being outside the walls since I tend not to see a lot of maps where this is the case.

Do you have a site for your game or its development?

Torq
07-17-2014, 05:36 AM
Thanks for the kind words Falconius. Playtesting is winding down and I'm at the stage where I need a nice looking prototype to show people with money. I don't have a dedicated site yet, but I attach the rules in case you are interested.