PDA

View Full Version : Valarina Map Collaboration

ImperialLuresha
07-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Hi fellow Cartographers,

I was wondering if there was anyone interested in collaborating with me in developing the world of the continent of Valarina. I would preferably want someone who is interested in developing with me the lore and history of the world. A couple months ago I posted a few maps that take place in the continent of Valarina. I have decided to scrap those maps and recreate the continent of Valarina from 23 pn ( post nomidium). This map would start in the era right after the tribes and clans of the land had created their first non-nomadic settlements. I already have some ideas for the linguistics of the tribes and the growth of cultures.

Here is what I imagine the world to look like at the moment at 23 PN

Here is some of my earlier work with the same world

Also if anyone is good at making city maps that is also something I need help with.

Thanks in advance =)

Darkech0
08-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Okay I'm completely a Noob here, but i'll Help out & make ideas & Suggestions feel free to diregard them at anytime, I Personally like the valarina 408 png cause it seems the most finished, however I'm the kinda guy who likes to zoom in & out of my own pieces, so if you have other works with the various land border's without the land names you can open the map up to towns & villages, of course it depends on what you want to do. I look at my maps as how it would be if I were litterally walking from place to place, whats the Ft/Meter/KM distance scale? How far to the next village? Any roads or am I tracking through wilderness? are their Mtns? Maybe forest? you have rivers but are their any bridges? maybe a place I can Ford a river in a thin spot? these are all ideas I have for my own map however I just suck at artistic ablility lol I hope my suggestions are helpful =) let me know what you think.