PDA

View Full Version : An enthusiatic greeting from a novice

dimensional_entity
08-19-2008, 03:04 AM
Hello, I just started getting into digital cartography, but I've been doing hand drawn maps for a while now. I mainly want to expand my skills and knowledges in this area for usage with various RPGs that I play with some friends, and I think this is a great place to build relationships and to foster my learning experiences with digital mapping. I hope to know many of you in the process.

The Cartographist
08-19-2008, 04:14 AM
Welcome, DE, to the Guild. Whether its digital or hand-drawn, there are fans (and experts) of both types here. In addition to being a fantastic source of inspiration and information, I think that you'll find this place to be extremely friendly and helpful. Everybody is willing to help, offer advice, and answer even the most mundane-seeming questions.

Let me be the first to say that we hope you enjoy your stay. Lastly, post some maps--handdrawn or otherwise. We would love to see some.

ravells
08-19-2008, 06:10 AM
Hi DE and welcome to the Guild. Looking forward to seeing your maps!

Steel General
08-19-2008, 08:11 AM
*Echoes what ravells & The Cartographist said*

Welcome aboard!

dimensional_entity
08-19-2008, 02:50 PM
I'd love to post my map I have for my game world, but I don't have a scanner here unfortunately. So what I've been trying to do as my first and main goal in getting into digital mapping is to re-create it, but that is quite an effort.

NeonKnight
08-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the Guild. I see from your other post you are using CC3, I have already made a suggestion there. I hope it works for what you want.