PDA

View Full Version : Just Joined

Pank.HQ
08-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Hi there! Wow, this seems like a cool place. Very... one-of-a-kind :) I'm glad I stumbled upon it.

Anyway, I doubt I'll be too active, but I have recently been creating some fantasy maps and thought I'd share, take advice, and see what others are doing. Basically, I just want to learn a bit more and have fun.

I've attached a few of my overworld maps. Some of you will be able to recognize that they're made in Campaign Cartographer and MSPaint (lol). Maybe one day I'll be able to look back on these and laugh. I think maps can add a lot to a roleplaying group, and i guess that's the main reason I'm here. :)

RPMiller
08-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Welcome to the Guild Pank.HQ! We have a nice collection of CC users here as well as just about every other graphic software package you can imagine and even folks that do it all by hand. Please feel free to post work in progress for comments. We are a very helpful bunch and old post critiques to help make others' work look even better. Also, don't be afraid to offer constructive criticism as well. Welcome and please have a look around.

NeonKnight
08-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the Guild Pank.HQ!

I love your CC2 maps. At least I am fairly confident they are CC2 and not CC3.

There is a lot of stuff that can be done in CC2 to make spectacular maps. Give a shout out if you need any advice.

Steel General
08-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Welcome aboard!

Ascension
08-19-2008, 06:07 PM
A hearty welcome aboard, matey. As far as laughing at your early work, don't be too sure...some of my first maps (24 years ago) are better than my current ones :)

Pank.HQ
08-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, you guys!

Actually, I've been looking around here and have been hoping to get a bit into hand-drawn maps (or at least drawn in Gimp/PS, etc) a bit, too. I'm no artist, but I guess I can sketch as well as your average guy. Besides, it's a step-by-step process, I've got lots of time, and I'm eager to take advantage of the large number of people here willing to give a bit of critique. ;)

Off I go - now, where to begin...

(And, you're right NeonKnight, they are indeed CC2 maps.)

ravells
08-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Well you don't need to be an artist to draw decent maps. Lots of time is a really good thing to have in this hobby! Welcome to the Guild!