PDA

View Full Version : *** August 2014 Challenge : What's around the bend? (in the picture)***

- Max -
08-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Hey everyone,

The idea of August challenge was suggested by Chasio :

Using a ground- or sea-level landscape picture (preferably conceptual) as your only reference, make a map of the area. The reference picture must be included in the final image for voting... incorporating the picture into the map itself is an option as long as there's no infringement of copyright (it's your own picture or you have permission).

The features in the picture must be represented and constitute at least around 40% of the map, and you have to use your imagination to fill in the rest.

As usual, please make sure to title your threads: August 2014 Challenge: <your title here>

Also, don't forget to precede each work in progress picture with the label: ### Latest WIP ### This way the thumbnail scraper can find your entry and all the voters will be able to see it at the end of the month.

This challenge will end on or around the 1st of September, after which there will be a THREE day voting period.

Good luck and may the best win !

lostatsea
08-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Hmmm! This is going to be a hard one ! If I can find something appropriate in the next couple days that Piques my interest then I might have ago at this. If not then I'll sit back in my lazy chair.:lol: Er Easy chair and see what things everyone else comes up with.

Larb
08-06-2014, 10:45 PM
OK I am not sure I understand this challenge. Does it mean we can basically take something such as a photograph or a drawing from the perspective of someone on the ground, and then from that we create a map based on what is in the picture, filling out the rest (that we can't see because it falls outside of the picture) using our imagination?

Or am I totally misunderstanding this? =P

- Max -
08-07-2014, 04:46 AM
You got it :)

Schwarzkreuz
08-18-2014, 08:07 AM
Not much going on this month?

Falconius
08-18-2014, 09:06 AM
Makes it a good month to win a golden compass ;)

- Max -
08-18-2014, 10:05 AM
Pretty sad that there's no entry so far :(

Falconius
08-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Now there's one. Lets hope some competition shows up.

xpian
08-18-2014, 09:33 PM
I've just been busy with commission work. But I should be able to set some time aside for the challenge...

- Max -
09-02-2014, 04:01 PM
I'll close this challenge tommorrow !

xpian
09-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Gotcha! What time? I'm on PST, and I think it will be "tomorrow" in GMT in just a few hours...