PDA

View Full Version : Salutations and a question

nemojbatkastle
09-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Hello all and well met. I've been lurking on this forum irregularly for something like eight years, and thanks to speedier internet I am now looking to contribute.

So here is my question for all you cartophiles and fabulists. Are there any tutorials for Bryce that are geared towards world maps? I got the program and want to learn to make some good makes with it; but by Jezu it's a difficult learning curve.

Thanks

ravells
09-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Well met indeed! There are a couple of good tutorials on making maps using Bryce on the Daz website. Anna, our resident Bryce expert has posted a tutorial here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1702&highlight=Bryce). Your best bet is to do a search using 'bryce' as the search term and look for the results which carry the tutorial banner and check them out.

Bryce is a bit counter intuitive to start with, but for the price, it's a lovely bit of kit, particularly for compositing work. The render engine doesn't compare to the stuff that's out today though.

NeonKnight
09-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the Guild.

Don't know an answer though :(

Steel General
09-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Redrobes
09-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Welcome. I run a keyword index script from time to time so check this link out (http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/CG/Indexes/CGuild_Keyword_Index.htm) and run down the bryce links.

nemojbatkastle
09-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Thank you

I'm sort of at a loss...

A web forum where the people are friendly and helpful

are you sure this is the internet?

delgondahntelius
09-06-2008, 05:58 AM
Thank you

I'm sort of at a loss...

A web forum where the people are friendly and helpful

are you sure this is the internet?