PDA

View Full Version : September Entry: The Weathered Coast

gtrlarry
09-07-2008, 02:30 AM
Greetings and salutations,

This is my entry for the September challenge. I used Gimp and it took bout 4 hours. Comments welcome.

Redrobes
09-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Hi grtlarry, good to see some more new blood taking part. I have just added you to the list of thumbnails for this month.

Ghostman
09-07-2008, 01:37 PM
The mountains are the weakest element in this map, they don't look very natural. Perhaps tweaking color and contrast would remedy this. The hills by the right edge of the map look much better, even though they're apparently done using same technique. Also, the coastline could use a bit of softening.

gtrlarry
09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Thank you for the feed back.

The mountains are the weakest element in this map, they don't look very natural. Perhaps tweaking color and contrast would remedy this. The hills by the right edge of the map look much better, even though they're apparently done using same technique. Also, the coastline could use a bit of softening.

NeonKnight
09-08-2008, 03:10 AM
Interesting to see where this goes.

mmmmmpig
09-25-2008, 03:10 AM
There are some good bones to this one, but I think it feels a bit un-finished. I hope you were able to add some more time to it and refine a bit.

gtrlarry
09-25-2008, 03:56 PM
There are some good bones to this one, but I think it feels a bit un-finished. I hope you were able to add some more time to it and refine a bit.

Hey, thank you for the feed back (these are sincere comments). Is it the mountains like the previous posted pointed out or is it something else. Could you be more specific.
Thanks again,
Larry

mmmmmpig
09-25-2008, 04:00 PM
I think the texturing for the mountain areas seems a bit non-descript. Since you are going with a more stylized instead of photo-realistic map, I think a more stylized jaggedy mountain texture would work. or even a darker mountain color would also help. Again, I think the bones are good. Just push different elements this way and that and see what works. Play with it.