PDA

View Full Version : Karandomosh

arakish
09-08-2008, 04:14 AM
Here is the latest of my relief renders.

Karandomosh
http://www.udava.info/ArcGIS/VG00.gif

rmfr (arakish)

Robbie
09-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Whoah there! Thats pretty freakin cool...need more info!!!

Sirith
09-08-2008, 11:45 AM
I agree with Arcana, this is an awesome render. How'd you do it?
(3D rendering is not really my thing, but this looks very cool)

Steel General
09-08-2008, 02:16 PM
It looks like a combination of fractals & some kind of 3d rendering (Bryce perhaps), whatever it is, it's pretty durn cool.

delgondahntelius
09-08-2008, 05:20 PM
I'd have to agree with everyone else... pretty cool stuff.... GIVE UP THE GOODS!!! how'd ya do it?

arakish
09-12-2008, 02:31 AM
On the guessings, I hate saying it, but all wrong.

I used a combination of USGS DEMs, Photoshop v6 Cloud Renders, A LOT of touch up in Paint Shop Pro v8. I then ported the two layers into ArcGIS and did the hillshading and color relief render in ArcGIS. Then ported it back into Photoshop, turning the transparency of the color relief down enough to get the hillshading to show through.

A lot of patient work and it does take some time.

rmfr

Steel General
09-12-2008, 09:54 AM
On the guessings, I hate saying it, but all wrong.

I used a combination of USGS DEMs, Photoshop v6 Cloud Renders, A LOT of touch up in Paint Shop Pro v8. I then ported the two layers into ArcGIS and did the hillshading and color relief render in ArcGIS. Then ported it back into Photoshop, turning the transparency of the color relief down enough to get the hillshading to show through.

A lot of patient work and it does take some time.

rmfr

Yikes!! Way to much work for me, glad you have the patience to go thru all that.

arakish
09-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Currently, I am trying some techniques on using Bryce to make the Terrain Fractals, erosion, et. al. So far, haven't come up with anything. But I am still working on it. For me, it is a passion to create relief renders because they do look so cool.

rmfr