PDA

View Full Version : Mostly finished, I think ...

jakeforddaniels
09-15-2008, 12:14 AM
This is mostly finished, I think. Probably some little things here and there I should do, but I'm kind of eager to move on to the cities and start work there. Of course, I'll probably go back and redo some sections at higher resolutions, just when things occur to me.

Commentary?

Ascension
09-15-2008, 12:22 AM
I really like your deltas, they look really sweet. The only thing I could quibble about is that some of the rivers extend out into the ocean. Nice job!

Steel General
09-15-2008, 08:00 AM
About the only thing I can find "fault" with (and this is really a minor quibble), is that all of the mountain 'shapes' are identical, you may want to mix in a few other shapes for variety along with adjusting the size like you have.

Otherwise, nice job! Keep it up, post more.

jakeforddaniels
09-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Still working on the premise of most of the cities.

Without going on the meandering course my mind took in how I came to it, the following is what will go for city markers on the map. The markers have a story behind them, which I'm still developing, but here's the layout so far.

Pardon the white border, by the way. I was going to add some aging and damage to the outside, but decided against it, forgot about the border, and ... well, yeah, anyway ...

jakeforddaniels
09-17-2008, 02:17 AM
Just gonna leave it at that, move on to the cities.

Gandwarf
09-17-2008, 07:23 PM
I really like the style of this map. I am interested to see how it looks with the cities.