PDA

View Full Version : Town of Bluestone - WIP

JoeyD473
09-24-2008, 01:15 AM
This is the first town I have made in a while. It is called Bluestone and is named after the noble family in which the town belonged to several generations ago. It is a large town closing in on reaching city status and is the fourth most populated town/city in my region of the world of Krydel

Gandwarf
09-24-2008, 05:04 AM
Hi,

I can't open the image, so I can only see the thumbnail. This is the first time I have this problem...

Did you upload the correct version of your map?

Steel General
09-24-2008, 07:29 AM
I am having the same problem.

NeonKnight
09-24-2008, 07:40 AM
Yep, the PNG image contains errors.

I went in to Edit your post to see what the issue might be, and when I click on the link for the PNG it says contains error.

JoeyD473
09-24-2008, 04:38 PM
I apparently saved it at 100x70 which is why it is so small. Here it is again bigger

Gandwarf
09-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Joey, this is done with City Designer, right?
Do you have effects turned on? As the buildings don't cast shadows, the roads don't have a blur on them, etc.

I like the general layout of the map. Do you plan to place more houses behind the houses lining the roads?

Oh, what's the function of the big building?

JoeyD473
09-24-2008, 05:42 PM
yeah, it is done with CC3

Effects are off at the moment because I'm still working on it.

I am going to be adding more buildings. The roads to the right are going to have buildings added with more space between them and perhaps more fields to go with some of them. That open space between the buildings on the right in that pentagon shape is going to get some buildings in there as well. I havn't decided how tight the buildings are going to be yet.

That big building is actually a temple

JoeyD473
09-26-2008, 01:10 AM
I got bored in class earlier today and got some work done on it. Still no where near done.

Anyone know if there is a fence tool or symbol in CC3/CD3 because I want to break up the field a little by teh three houses on the right side. Or should I just use a black line

Gandwarf
09-26-2008, 06:02 AM
In the "All city drawing tools" there's city hedge tools. Or you could just draw a dark line and put it in a sheet and add some shadow as an effect.

Last but not least, there's also some fence symbols in the CD3B symbol catalog.

Steel General
09-26-2008, 08:24 AM
The grass pattern seems to be very "tiled", you might want to try and do something with that. But this is coming along nicely.

JoeyD473
09-28-2008, 04:20 AM
The grass pattern seems to be very "tiled", you might want to try and do something with that. But this is coming along nicely.
It does. Even though my symbols are the CD3 A Style, I liked the darkness and color of the B style background. I'll look into changing the background style.

I'm still working on the map but I got a little work done today. I added 3' hedge around the small fields on the left by those three houses. I also filled in the right section with some road and houses. Those little dots (7 dots in the diamond to be exact) that you see scattered about are wells (+1 by the temple and another along the main road by that patch of grey). Though you can't really see them at the normal zoom. Most (if not all) of the buildings in that diamond shape area are homes.

It is almost done. I want to add some fields and grazzing areas. Then some trees, a grid, text info and some effects (maybe some more buildings, but that is doubtful) and It'll be done.