PDA

View Full Version : First Map done on a computer

Map Vandal
09-24-2008, 06:46 PM
This is my first post in this forum. I recently stumbled across this site and fell in love. What a great resource.

I thought for my first post I would put up one of my maps. This is the first map I have ever done on the computer so it was quite a learning experience. I would love any constructive criticism.

Thanks,

Map Vandal

mad_computer_user
09-24-2008, 07:10 PM
wow, great work for first ever computer map. One thing i would say is, add some other things, like forests, or swamps, just to add a bit of variety, but nice work.

Steel General
09-24-2008, 08:33 PM
I like it, sometimes keeping it simple works out well. I think the only thing I might change is the font, I found it a bit hard to read. But I'm old. :D

Nice job, and Welcome Aboard!

ravells
09-24-2008, 08:39 PM
No complaints here. Welcome to the guild!

Patrakis
09-24-2008, 09:23 PM
That is av ery interesting map. Even though this is your first map on the computer, it's obvious you have made maps in the past.

Welcome to the world of scratching your to find a way to reproduce what is so simple on paper :)

Welcome to the guild also :)

Pat

NeonKnight
09-25-2008, 01:25 AM
A very nice looking map.

Welcome to the Guild!

Map Vandal
09-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks to everyone for the comments.

I like it, sometimes keeping it simple works out well. I think the only thing I might change is the font, I found it a bit hard to read. But I'm old. :D

Nice job, and Welcome Aboard!

I wasn't very happy with the way the font turned out on the Jpg. It was a lot easier to read before I converted it. I am looking at a few other fonts and trying to make it more readable.