PDA

View Full Version : Summer / Fall Issue of the Ezine Released

ravells
09-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Dear all,

Sorry it has been such a long time between issues of the Alliance Ezine, but real life intruded and delayed production.

I hope you enjoy this issue which is on a nautical theme. It was a lot of fun to make - I had so many more ideas for it (like advertising for our resident industry pros), but I figured it was better to release it now rather than to push it back further.

Enjoy!

Ravs

delgondahntelius
09-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Great job on the zine Rav .... and If I could get out my rep stick I would, but everytime I click on someone I gotta spread it around more... I'm always giving it out ... I guess I just need to diversify ...

Oh... and wow.. didn't expect the article but really didn't expect my map to make it in there :D.... I guess it did fit the theme tho. I'm gonna go finish reading it now :D kudos

ravells
09-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Cheers Del! I really wish I could have spent more time on it. As usual, I'm now spotting the typos after I've released it. Ish's name has fallen off the bottom of the editorial - eek!

delgondahntelius
09-28-2008, 02:49 AM
Still a great job... especially with the workload being on you shoulders. Little errors like that happen, like when you wash a pair of socks and mysteriously recieve only one back.... His name will probably turn up somewhere in the middle of a paragraph towards the bottom .... :D

or maybe he's just playing hide and go seek?? :D

RPMiller
09-29-2008, 11:02 AM
I hit him with my rep stick for you Del. ;)

Ishmayl
10-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Absolutely gorgeous, ravs, great job as usual!

msa
05-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry it has been such a long time between issues of the Alliance Ezine, but real life intruded and delayed production.

Holy crap that's cool! I'll have to check out the back issues when I get a chance. Beautiful work!

Diamond
07-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Wow, you guys have a zine and everything! Nice! I especially liked the hand-drawn maps article at the end. Very informative and full of tips I hadn't thought of, like using a glove to prevent smearing.

Great job!

JPQuinn
08-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Awesome layout! Thou hast been pummled with my +1 club 'o reputation.

ravells
08-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks guys. Sadly the Alliance is not as strong as it once was, so there'll be no more zines. Maybe a yearbook just for the CG though?

Hmmm

Gandwarf
08-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Sadly the Alliance is not as strong as it once was...

This sounds like a scene from Lord of the Rings :)

JoeyD473
08-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks guys. Sadly the Alliance is not as strong as it once was, so there'll be no more zines. Maybe a yearbook just for the CG though?

Hmmm

What is needed to get teh zine going again?

ravells
08-21-2009, 03:47 AM
Two things really:

1. Contributory fiction articles which we used to get from a site called 'Plotstorming' and RPG related articles which we got from the Campaign Builders Guild. Sadly I believe that both of these sites are now largely dormant.

2. An enormous amount of time on my part to put the zine together. I'd be happy to hand the reins on to someone who might want to take up the project, or at least share the load as we have a baby on the way and time is not going to be as plentiful as it currently is.

The CLs are at the moment discussing some updates to the site and one of the may well be the appearance of the zine in another form - but that won't be for awhile yet.

All the best

Ravs

Greason Wolfe
08-21-2009, 05:23 AM
Two things really:

1. Contributory fiction articles which we used to get from a site called 'Plotstorming' and RPG related articles which we got from the Campaign Builders Guild. Sadly I believe that both of these sites are now largely dormant.

2. An enormous amount of time on my part to put the zine together. I'd be happy to hand the reins on to someone who might want to take up the project, or at least share the load as we have a baby on the way and time is not going to be as plentiful as it currently is.

The CLs are at the moment discussing some updates to the site and one of the may well be the appearance of the zine in another form - but that won't be for awhile yet.

All the best

Ravs

Congats!!!!!

And I'd be happy to help where I can. I can totally feel for you on the limited time, though for me, it isn't a child, it's the job, which, now that I think about it, might very well be like children since about half of our employees act like children. :lol:

In any event, as I said, I'd be happy to help where I can.

GW

Gandwarf
08-21-2009, 05:25 AM
Yeah, congrats Ravells!

ravells
08-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Cheers Guys! We're adopting an orphan from India and are due to pick her up next month. The process has taken more than 2 years - you wouldn't believe the red tape.

It would be fun to get a magazine up and running again, but it is a ton of work.