PDA

View Full Version : Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Pages : 1 [2]

12rounds
04-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Yup. Not a pike. A partisan. A ranseur could fit the bill too, but I was going more towards partisan.

Nevertheless the partisan my paladin is holding is more of a ceremonial gadget rather than a real combat-effective weapon. Partisans were used succesfully against cavalry and against non-polearm wielding troops as disarming and distancing weapons. My paladin is not the most bloodthirsty killer in existence and perhaps is better in disarming and succumbing his opponents than outright slaying them.

But the criticism is welcome and justified - I must say I wasn't at all sure about the choise of the wepon myself either.

Steel General
04-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Great job 12Rounds! I think I have just the place for him in the village I'm working on for this month's map challenge.

FYI... Paladins of Valan tend to favor the bastard sword as their preferred weapon.

Gandwarf
04-14-2009, 01:20 PM
But the criticism is welcome and justified - I must say I wasn't at all sure about the choise of the wepon myself either.

The weapon is fitting, I was just expecting a sharper point. This looks more ceremonial, like you said.

Thanks for the link Waldronate, never knew there are so many different types of polearms. In the future I will probably still call these weapons pikes or halberds however :D

12rounds
04-14-2009, 01:49 PM
FYI... Paladins of Valan tend to favor the bastard sword as their preferred weapon.
That's precisely why I chose *not* to give him a bastard sword! The guy doesn't appreciate the secular movements within his religion that force it's members to some pre-defined mold.

Steel General
04-14-2009, 02:47 PM
That's precisely why I chose *not* to give him a bastard sword! The guy doesn't appreciate the secular movements within his religion that force it's members to some pre-defined mold.

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that he's different.

Ascension
04-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Love this guy...course I love most paladins, especially ones named Augustus.

12rounds
04-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Name: King Faegor Udgersson
Race: Human

A long-time king, Faegor has managed to stay in power not only due to his strategic insight, but also due to respect. He is respected by his peers and underlings equally and eventhough a few attempts at his life have been encountered, Faegor has managed to maintain a relatively stable atmosphere in his kingdom. This stability has allowed the kingdom to prosper thru many means, but one of the most important ones is the trade routes that have been established during Faegor's reign. His father, Udger Olafsson, was the king before him and that period is remembered mainly by oppression, persecution and bloodshed.

Faegor is over 60 years of age, but the recent years have not treated him kindly. His health has taken several nose-dives and memory is no longer operating without faults. Faegor has been mentally pretty stable for his whole life, but recently he has become impatient, prone to fits of anger and has grown a sense of paranoia. These changes have appeared within a long period of time and only persons who have been dealing with Faegor for years are in a position to notice anything. And yes - some have noticed the changes - and are rightfully concerned about the future of the kingdom and their own personal future.

Several layers of trusted men stand between Faegor and a regular citizen of North Skolvendun. He has established a court in Faegor Castle 10 miles outside Vilgian. The castle maintains an alertness level slightly higher than should be on times of peace and the king is no longer as easily reached as he was a decade earlier. He has not secluded himself into the castle, but his journeys around the country in state-business have been growing slightly further apart with each year.

North Skolvendun is still a peacefull kingdom. Faegor has trusted allies throughout the country and has direct control over the standing troops of the kingdom. But as years have passed, some power has been permanently shifting to trusted men that surround him in his court and some of the country's nobility are alarmed by the weakening of the king's true authority over the affairs of the kingdom.

Personal issues have haunted Faegor for years and the matter involving his eldest son, Birger, has made a haunting impact on his personality. His wife, Helga, passed away only 10 months ago ruined by a long period of debilitating infections. His wife was a balancing force for Faegor for 30 odd years and her death brought to surface a much dimmer and savage world view in Faegor.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/king_faegor.jpg

Valarian
04-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Oh, I love that one. Unfortunately, I still can't rep or that would've gained some more.

12rounds
04-27-2009, 02:51 AM
Name: Lord Roberto Romano
Race: human

Roberto Romano is the elected leader of Raedis. The Raedis system relies on the so called "Piumia" which is essentially 12 citizens that openly support one leader candidate and that is elected into power by the citizens for a period of 5 years. Members of the Piumia have no political power whatsoever - except for the fact that they choose the new leader every 5 years. The system has not been working without a clitch, though, and Roberto Romano is currently on his 3rd term and he has only been officially elected once. Romano is an advocate of the system, but many of his close associates are not and their pressure against the Piumia members resulted in a "no votes were cast" situation the last two times there should have been an election.

Lord Romano has a high profile political agenda - he is trying to form a senate of lords that would replace the current structure of independent city-states by a unified power structure. This is all prompted by the political divergence of Akronian city-states under the threat of invasion from north. Lord Romano sees that the only way that Akron can withstand a military takeover by it's northern neighbours, is by unification of resources that is backed up all the city-states and their citizens. The country's lords are badly divided on the issue - some are just happy to see the city-state of Akron fall thereby resulting in more power to their respective locales. Again many lords take the danger of destruction under the hordes of northmen seriously and like Lord Romano they see that if the city-state of Akron falls, the rest of the city-states go next.

Roberto Romano is a shrewd and intelligent man and masters well the intrigue-games played in the halls of power. Roberto has surrounded him with the influential families and individuals of Raedis and truly tries to maintain good relations to them. His position is strong among the wealthiest of families, but the underdogs are severely unhappy about the distribution of influence and power in Raedis. Due to Lord Romano's high-profile nation-wide political endeavors he travels a lot around Akron. He maintains as much presence in Raedis as possible, but in reality he can only manage local affairs for 4-5 months a year. Lord Romano is not a combatant per se, but he can manage himself in most situations. The roads of Akron are not as safe one would think and Roberto knows this. Thus it's common to see him dressed up in a chainmail armour. He travels along protected merchant convoys and only rarely moves about by himself. He is accompanied by at least three experienced combatants from the small standing military force of Raedis.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/roberto_romano.jpg

Gandwarf
04-27-2009, 04:11 AM
Darn, I am at work again and can't see the image :(

12rounds
04-27-2009, 04:18 AM
Yes you can. :)

Gandwarf
04-27-2009, 04:33 AM
Yes you can. :)

Haha...

He looks like a very shrewd aristrocrat, but also a bit of an evil man :)
You captured him very well I think.

12rounds
05-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Name: General Medved Agadul
Race: Human (?)

General Agadul is the commander of the standing troops of Darkovia. Serving directly under prince Casimir Darkov, general Agadul is responsible and obediant to prince Casimir only. Much has been said about general Agadul's position among the living, but the locals do not fear general Agadul in the same way as they do prince Darkov. Horses and dogs don't get nervous or agitated around general Agadul and he is generally thought of as a rather likable man among Darkovian citizens.

That being said ... general Agadul is a ruthless and merciless killer when it comes to his duties. He knows that prince Casimir is not a lenient leader and upsetting him is a ... bad idea. Many have served Casimir Darkov, but once they fail their tasks, their achievements mean nothing to Casimir. General Agadul has been the army's commander for well over a decade and under his rule Darkovian military has gained a lot. Prior to him, Darkovian standing troops were not equalling that of their neighbours, but general Agadul has made radical changes in the deployment or troops, training and equipment used. Darkovian military has not been used in a war under Agadul's rule, but a common opinion - even in the diplomatic quarters of Calishem - seems to be that Darkovian army currently outmatches all of it's neighbouring armies.

General Agadul is a common sight in Calishem since he acts as the Darkovian diplomatic liason. When not taking part in any diplomatic negotiations in Calishem, a sure way to meet Agadul is in the military training grounds of Darkovia. Agadul does not expect any man under his command to perform better than himself. Of course he can not simply outman everyone, but when it comes time to test skills, his men are wise enough to let Agadul win if the chances are Agadul would not win by his own merit. Still losing on purpose is not a good idea if it's not done very carefully; Agadul is known to have beheaded some of his own men in training when he thought they weren't "serious" enough.

Agadul is not romantically involved with anyone in particular, but there are rumours circulating around every now and then that Agadul and Lady Vorasena have something happening between them two...

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/agadul.jpg

Gamerprinter
05-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Darkovia seems more and more alive with each addition, 12Rounds!

It makes me contemplate what weapons and technology, Agadul has integrated into the Darkovian military. Considering the mongol hordes of Qashya Mal being the leading military force in the region, I'm sure much came from their - very curious.

I like that he is also an emmissary to Calishem - somebody ought to make a map of that grand merchant capital, someday...

Great stuff, Kimmo!

GP

Gandwarf
05-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Nice job 12rounds, more rep coming your way. Luckily I can't run out of rep :D

Is that a sabre he is carrying?

ravells
05-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Fantastic work again, 12rounds!!! I like the pose and the sense of dignity you've given him.

12rounds
05-25-2009, 01:44 AM
It makes me contemplate what weapons and technology, Agadul has integrated into the Darkovian military. Considering the mongol hordes of Qashya Mal being the leading military force in the region, I'm sure much came from their - very curious.

Well ... to my mind Darkovia seems a dark and backwater place. I would think that prince Casimir is not interested in conquest and matters military and has thus not paid attention to how Darkovia can hold up against aggression. In essence I had the feeling that prior to general Adagul, there were little organisation in the army and basically Agadul's predecessor just had a horde of men based somewhere in the vicinity of Casimir's castle. What Agadul has done, is that he may have introduced doctrine-based light cavalry units that are both combat-trained and that use good quality horses and have switched wood-tipped spears to more modern weapons such as cavalry sabers and perhaps bows of Calishem design. He could also have detailed a new organisational structure and outpost-system that would make command and control decisions quicker to execute and more accurate. Perhaps he has managed to advocate the social standing of soldiers as well in turn resulting in better quality soldiers joining in the ranks.

Just thoughts really and of course everything is up for debate. Darkovia has no chance against Calishem per se, but I'm thinking there are many smallish neighbouring and rivalling nations in the area. As there are not yet more detailed maps of the Darkovia surroundings, this is all subject to change.

Steel General
05-25-2009, 08:59 AM
More 12Rounds goodness :)

12rounds
06-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Name: Baron Dunden LaFleur
Race: human

Dunden is the richest man in Raedis and it's surrounding areas. Period.
His wealth is hereditary in nature and his family, the LaFleurs, hold a special place in the history of Raedis. The LaFleur family live outside of Raedis in the "LaFleur Mansion" - located several miles north of Raedis in the coastal region. The location is serene and absolutely beautiful and the estate is the biggest of the estates in all of Raedis.

Dunden is currently the head of the LaFleur family. His two younger brothers are all deeply involved in the family businesses as well, but the actual strings are tightly packed in the hands of Dunden. The distant past of the family is not that of glory, but of bloody and fierce looting in once-restless war time, and that is where the family wealth comes from. Their current income is legitimate, though. Dunden invests heavily on Raedis and the family actually owns directly or indirectly a good 1/8th of the city. Commerce sector is of special interest to Dunden and consequently many of the shop-keepers in the city pay Dunden a hefty rent to use the land under their feet. Dunden also funds many merchant enterpreneurs and own several merchant ships that use Raedis as their home base.

Baron LaFleur is an avid supporter of Lord Romano - the current elected leader of Raedis. He is not in agreement with Romano's revolutionary ideas about leadership, but as far as the family's influence can be use as leverage to political affairs of the city, it doesn't really matter to Dunden how the city is governed. Whatever works if it keeps the LaFleur family rich.

Dunden has a bit of a temperament and has been known to succumb to uncontrollable tantrums especially while under the influence of wine. His marriage ended abruptly only after a year when he pushed her wife Maria over a balcony and her neck snapped rendering her lifeless. At the time Dunden was so angry that he rampaged several stairways down to the courtyard and started kicking her already dead wife on the ground. His brothers stopped him and calmed down eventually. There were no consequences for him, though, and that fact eventually raised waves of protests in the city. The controversy was enough to register on Aldamar's radar and their people have since then been closely monitoring possible corruption within the city's governing bodies. Maria's family were not of equally influential origins and they have had to just bite the bullet and bury their loved one. Maria's family will probably find a way to pay back and Maria's brother, Evan, has sworn to devote his life opposing the LaFleurs and the current city administration who let Dunden go without even a slap in the wrist.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/lafleur.jpg

Gandwarf
06-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Nice character, more rep coming your way.

Steel General
06-21-2009, 09:42 PM
I think this might be my new favorite.

12rounds
08-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Name: Eigor Skolvendun

As Eigor's family name may suggest, his family is one of the eldest families in the whole kingdom. In fact, Eigor might be a descendant directly to the legendary earl Olaf Skolvendun, who established Skolvendun kingdom a very long time ago. The kingdom has later divided into two, but the actual people living in both have close blood-ties and may as well be categorised as "Skolvendunians".

Whatever his heritage may be, Eigor is by no means a noble or belongs to any special or privileged social order. In fact most men who claim of being special - whether it be by proven descendance from a notable hero of legend or by being a living heir to a throne - are ridiculed in North Skolvendun. The people believe that every man (or woman; a notion frowned upon in the neighbouring areas) has the potential of greatness. Their heritage or social class must not be a defining factor but their deeds is what make them distinctive.

Eigor's name is not in the lips of every North Skolvendunian alive, but his unrelenting perseverence, unflinching loyalty and iron will have made him a widely respected person whose star is definitively rising... or was as the case may be since Eigor is one of the trusted men of Birger - the outcast son of king Faegor Udgersson. Eigor has long since accepted that his future lies or dies with that of Birger. He is now an important factor in Birger's attempts to return home and make peace with his father. Eigor provides Birger substantial amounts of information about the kingdom. This information is gathered by Eigor constantly throughout the kingdom since he is always on the move. He travels (sometimes alone; sometimes a member of some bigger hunting party or merchant convoy or somesuch) the numerous villages and small towns of North Skolvendun and shares information with other men who support Birger in his time of need. Then intervalling around three months, Eigor returns to Vilgian (usually under disguise) and arranges a meeting with Birger via Birger's contacts in the capital city.

Eigor is a man of awe-inspiring size and posture and has the strength of a small village. He is not a merry and cheerful man by any stretch of the imagination, but a man who takes his position and fate in the world quite seriously. He is prone to cynicism and melancholy - particularly when he drinking mead or other alcoholic beverages - but maintains a positive attitude about the possibility of Birger's return. Eigor tries to keep himself under the radar of Belgor Faegorsson's men, but is not always succeeding. Thus far he has managed to retain his life and health. The time will come - sooner or later - when every clan chieftain and village elder must take a stand whether to support Birger or Belgor. It remains to be seen if Belgor is determined enough to put an end to Eigor's efforts to nourish support for Birger before that time arrives.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/eigor.jpg

http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/eigor.png

Redrobes
08-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Excellent once again Kimmo.

Gandwarf
08-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Welcome back Kimmo :D

Steel General
08-09-2009, 09:09 PM
More 12ROund goodness! :)

12rounds
08-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Name: Luther Dien
Race: Half-Elf (human/elf)

Luther is a Missionary of Justice. Missionaries of Justice are usually appointed by a Cardinal, region-bound, stationed in Aldamar's temple and serve a local secular ruler. Such is the case with Luther as well. He is the legal advisor of Lord Weers - the current ruler of Port Magalie.

It is Luther who positions himself between the interests of ruling class and the common people. He speaks words of wisdom to both Lord Weers, other important city officials and to the masses of locals. He spends most of his time giving advice as how to resolve legal disputes between parties. Aldamar's Missionaries of Justice rarely have the authority to act as magistrates in the cities, but on occasion their judgement is sought after in simple matters. Missionaries' task is to spread the word of Aldamar - to establish systems of high justice and gain followers to Aldamar's cause.

Luther's presence is deceiving - he has the face of a child, but his calm and decided manners and firmly spoken words of wisdom mostly surprise those who do not know him. Luther runs a temple in Port Magalie and has two apprenticing priests under his tutorage. He holds weekly informal gatherings in the temple. Anyone is welcome to these gatherings, but their primary focus is discussions on legalities, methods of justice, current affairs in the city and how justice is served in the area. Mostly the persons in these gatherings are people caught in legal difficulties seeking advice as how to proceed to further their cause and still remain loyal to principles of justice.

Luther rarely travels far from Port Magalie, but once a year he spends a month or so away studying magical arts under more experienced Aldamarian priests. He is already 75 years of age (which is hard to believe by looking at his face!) and has thus gained numerous magical disciplines throughout the years.

Luther is frequently at odds with Lord Weers. Mostly their issues revolve around city affairs and mainly how Lord Weers decides to deal justice. Luther considers Lord Weers as "corrupt" since the good lord is easy to persuade into taking all sorts of gifts and even money that apparently affect his decisions about ongoing matters. Lord Weers does not share Luther's ideas about corruption - to him they sound absurd because he is a man who considers men of noble origins automatically above the common masses.

Nevertheless, they co-operate and Lord Weers understands the importance of legal advise that Luther gives. Also it doesn't hurt to be connected to Aldamar's people in any case ... who knows when a need arises to ask for Aldamar's paladins to fight in order to preserve law and justice, right?

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/wizards/2009-08-11.jpg

http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/wizards/wizards_2_1.png

Gandwarf
08-11-2009, 02:34 PM
You seem to be on a roll... nice.

ravells
08-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Is someone putting all these beautiful illustrations (and the equally great wite-ups) on the Wiki????

12 Rounds would you like to go on the Wiki permissions so you can do it (if you want to?)

That illo of Elgor with the axe is just fantastic.

12rounds
08-12-2009, 03:30 AM
12 Rounds would you like to go on the Wiki permissions so you can do it (if you want to?)

I'm already a CWBP Wiki user and have added some of the things done earlier. I'll add more as time permits.

12rounds
08-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Name: Marcus Sicaros

Years ago Marcus was a prominent and respected Aldamar's Arbitrator circling the areas of Lesser Groam just west of the Beastlands. Then one night he met a sinister group of three travellers - two of whom were possibly bearers of The Plague. A battle of words ensued and very soon the travellers resorted to violence. They were all killed by Marcus who was acting out just to save his own life. One of the travellers was carrying a small red disc - securely wrapped in cloth - in his bag. After Marcus touched it, his former life ended and he began a new life. One that is full of wrath, vengeance and revenge that he shares with a malignant spirit bound into a living shield. Aldamar was abandoned and the ideology of Hastur embraced.

Marcus continued to right wrongs - except he didn't care about justice anymore. Now it was all about the thrilling mayhem that ensues when revenge is served. Each act of wanton violence pleased the shield and it started growing in size. Marcus was able to detach himself from the shield for short periods of time, but like a flame calls for a moth, the bound spirit called for Marcus.

The living shield is intelligent and vengeful. It has capabilities way beyond that of an inanimate object and it's black thoughts are all over the mind of whoever is currently wearing the shield. Marcus does not see himself of what has become of him - a black soul of destructive violence who envelopes his actions and indeed his existence in ludicrous notions of "But I just served the justice!". The living shield feeds from it's host but also gives the host an array of powerful abilities that are akin to magic. They even share some sane moments when they talk to each other like any couples do. Of course the only one who verbally speaks is Marcus; the shield speaks directly into his mind.

Marcus has become a traveller himself. He seeks out situations, people and places in which he can find reasons to do violent actions. Did the farmer's wife sleep with the neighbour? Kill them both! A child threw a rock at a dog? Decapitation is a fitting punishment! He now resides in Tavor dousing his miserable existence in beer while waiting for yet another reason to kill someone. What he may hear is that many of the citizens are still talking about what Baron Dunden LaFleur - the richest man in Raedis - did to his wife Maria and how he never received any kind of punishment for his deed. After all, Maria was from Tavor and her family still mostly live in Tavor. Including her brother Evan who has become obsessed with ways of how to serve cold steel between the baron's ribs...

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/marcus.jpg

Steel General
08-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Cool! Reminds me a bit of the lead singer from the cartoon Metalocalypse.

Ascension
08-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Nathan Explosion

Gandwarf
08-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Very cool character and background! The shield looks awesome :)

12rounds
08-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Name: Mortimer Grabdur
Race: Dwarf

Mortimer is a deer hunter. He is one of the best hunters in a big area that begins from Thrub in the west goes all the way into Mullion in the north and Monkton Monastery in the south. He is a close friend of count Ludwig Morton - the ruler of Morton. He spends most of the year in the swamps and forests - mostly alone - and perhaps a month or two of every year he stays in Morton. The deers are not always plentiful and Mortimer also avoids hunting when the animals have their breeding time at hand or the young ones to feed.

As an experienced hunter Mortimer also personally knows pretty much all the other regulars who travel through the woods and swamps - hunters, mercenaries, rangers, outlaws and such. Even some lizardmen some of whom he knows personally although their means of communication is limited to grunting signalling with hands. He has no beef with anyone unless he gets attacked first. Mortimer is thus an important source of information in the affairs of swamps and forests. He knows where big game is plentiful, which rivers are swarming with salmon, where lizardmen tribes have their camps placed, what valleys outlawed bandits call home and even where to find edibile berries, healing herbs and fresh water. This information is also hard to get: one would have to first find Mortimer and then convince him to give up that information. Mortimer is careful with what he speaks (and to whom) and avoids giving away too much or too detailed information. He knows that the only way he can fully focus in his profession as a deer hunter is to keep the number of enemies as low as possible. And this is best achieved by not ratting out to strangers.

Mortimer is a no-nonsense kind of pragmatist. He doesn't much understand the elaboracies of complex planning and rather tries to keep things simple and straightforward. He gets bored easily if forced to sit still for even short periods of time and is a notoriously bad listener. One story in Morton tells how Mortimer once fell asleep during a feast which count Ludwig Morton was kind enough to offer to a few dozen of his friends. The guests coerced Ludwig into retelling how Morton city guardmen's (lead by the count himself, to boot!) dealt with a giant rat infestation that bothered the city for several months. Before the story was halfway through, a loud and hearty snoring echoed in the feasting hall and forced Ludwig Morton to raise his voice to make himself heard over the sleeping Mortimer.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/mortimer.jpg

RPMiller
08-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Great stuff as always, but I do have a question regarding Mortimer. Is there a reason you have the bolt points sticking up? :shock:

Gandwarf
08-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Maybe he isn't wearing a quiver, but some kind of belt? Wouldn't want the points sticking down then. Although he should watch his head also at the moment :D
Maybe this guy is just crazy...

12rounds
08-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Yeah well ... I was thinking about a rigid carrying case for 6 bolts. It's attached to the shoulder strap. Because we're talking about a heavy crossbow, it doesn't matter how much time it would take to reach the bolts - most of the time reloading is going to go cocking the crossbow anyway. In all fairness he could have the bolts hidden in a bag, but I thought this just looked more cool. :)

Redrobes
08-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Nice one Kimmo, I think this character would be just the sort to be in and around Morton. I was rolling up a 4e Dwarf and wanted a heavy crossbow. This character would have been perfect. 'Would have been' and not 'is' because there is no heavy crossbow in 4e any more. I always like them too. Anyway, super character pic.

RPMiller
08-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah well ... I was thinking about a rigid carrying case for 6 bolts. It's attached to the shoulder strap. Because we're talking about a heavy crossbow, it doesn't matter how much time it would take to reach the bolts - most of the time reloading is going to go cocking the crossbow anyway. In all fairness he could have the bolts hidden in a bag, but I thought this just looked more cool. :)

Whatever the reason, having the sharp ends pointing out is just crazy unless he intends to somehow use that configuration as part of some sort of demented charge attack where he lowers his head at the last second and tries to stab his target with the bolts.

Gandwarf
08-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh man... these bolts sticking up. It reminds me of a guy who put a knife down his belt and jumped a fence. He stabbed himself in the process and bled to death...
That was nasty!

12rounds
08-16-2009, 04:23 AM
LOL! Ok ok! I succumb under the (admittedly justified) criticism. I have now revised the dwarf image. I removed the bolts altogether and replaced them with a closed cylindrical quiver. And yes ... I wouldn't want them bolts sticking that close to my head either if I were travelling the forests like Mortimer.

@redrobes: no heavy crossbow in 4e? Wow, I didn't know that. I haven't played with D&D (and AD&D) rules since the early 90's when I switched to Rolemaster and GURPS. Why on earth wouldn't there be a heavy crossbow in 4e?

12rounds
08-16-2009, 05:24 AM
Name: Thaddeus Petite

Thaddeus Petite is a tax collector by profession. He is responsible for collecting all the taxes from both the rural areas and cities that fall under the leadership of Raedis. There's been some disputes between Karthis and Raedis regarding Raedis' aggressive tax collection in areas southeast of Roym. There aren't any big settlements in the mountainous wilderness, but some very small villages (of only couple of dozen of inhabitants) have been forced into paying taxes to both Raedis and Karthis. The situation is quite recent and mostly initiated by Thaddeus who seems to extend tax collection boundaries beoynd those that have existed for quite some time. Now there isn't any official boundaries between Karthis and Raedis and it's uncertain whether Thaddeus is acting under orders; certainly Karthis is put into an uncomfortable situation by this.

Mr. Petite is very efficient at his work and unfortunately the efficiency comes at a price - lack of empathy is his biggest personal asset and disadvantage at the same time. He also seems to handle tax collection in large settlements much more gently than how he acts in the strictly rural regions. There has been many accusations against him from the rural regions - such as demanding sexual activity from teenage girls in order to lessen the tax burden of their families. Largely these accusations have gone without notice and most certainly Thaddeus has interpreted this in a way that his behaviour is silently being accepted because he is so damn good at his job.

Thaddeus yields unprecedented power in Raedis. He has direct access to soldiers belonging to any feudal lord within Raedis. If he needs to take 10 soldiers along him to a tax collection trip in the countryside south of Tavor, he only needs to demand the soldiers from the ruler of Tavor. He doesn't need to request, he simply demands. This power is enforced by the governing bodies in Raedis up and including lord Roberto Romano and is thus being accepted by the feudal lords in the rim areas of Raedis. And since Thaddeus collects taxes for them as well as central government, it's being tolerated fairly well.

Thaddeus usually moves with a retinue of few men. Some are soldiers and some are responsible for actually carrying the stuff gathered as taxes. Thaddeus also prefers to use locally known men; it gives a psychological advantage to get the people to pay up more easily. He behaves like he is a noble man himself. He acts arrogantly and looks down at the citizens. He doesn't give "extra time" to anyone and speaks with rude words. As a result, he is not at all liked as a person, but since the taxation levels in Raedis are not that high, he is not meeting much opposition either.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/thaddeus.jpg

Gandwarf
08-16-2009, 06:09 AM
Praise the lords, Mortimers head is now safe :)

That tax collector is cool, I love his facial expression. I like his description as well, need to incorporate such a character in my stories.
Are you posting work you created earlier or are you now creating characters daily? :D

12rounds
08-16-2009, 07:34 AM
These are all new. I've also upgraded my tablet recently so I'm kind of practising as I go.

12rounds
08-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Name: Khalida Calishem

Khalida is one of three princesses of Calishem. There are three princes as well so the Calishem family is a really big one. Khalida is the third child of the current ruler of Calishem. She was raised in a free and rich atmosphere as were all the children in the family. Khalida has always had the option to pursue what she wants in her life and her family is always backing up her decisions - even if they break the convention of "regular" behavioural codes.

So she became a warrior princess. She trains swordsmanship, exotic poisons-use and herbal lore. Khalida is a common sight in leading expeditions of men to investigate disturbances reported throughout the country. She is fierce, temperamental and spicy, but she is well respected and honoured among the Calishmen people. Her heart is in the right place and she is generally thought as a very just and empathetic albeit a bit reckless. The regular citizens allow her some leeway and are mostly thinking that once she matures, she will settle down, find herself a husband and start expanding the might of the Calishems.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/khalida.jpg

Gandwarf
08-16-2009, 01:42 PM
You seem inspired Kimmo :)
Khalida is immediately in my top 5 of characters. Her face is gorgeous as is her stance, with her holding a bottle.

The only thing I am not totally fond of is the arm she is holding up. Her sleeve looks very dark and it looks a bit weird at the opening (where her hand is sticking out). Her dress is otherwise very beautiful!

More rep :D

Ascension
08-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Yep, this one goes into the top spot for me. Here, have a sniff of this...then she chops your head off.

12rounds
08-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Name: Astanhag
Race: Draconis Serpentis?

One of the everfull purses of myth and legend are the mysterious and dangerous creatures of the wild forests and swamps of Thrubmorton Fens. Astanhag is a legendary myth about the god of the lizardmen. Only a handful of non-lizardmen have seen it during the time humans have settled Thrubmorton Fens and those eye-witness reports are shady at best and of questionable motives at worst.

Astanhag is the target of worshipping for all the numerous lizardmen throughout Thrubmorton Fens. Only a handful of dissident lizardmen deny Astanhag's status as the "Mother of all Mothers". Lizardmen belief system begins and ends at the notion that Astanhag is the beginning and end of all lizardmen. The one responsible for their birth and the one who can extinquish them all at whim.

Legends on Astanhag's immortality are abound. Many are simply basing their assumption on the fact that Astanhag seems to have existed for many millennia. Some human scholars have taken a different stance and particularly the headmaster of Morton School of All Things - a famous genious by the name of Rudolph Mann - have concluded that Astanhag is not a singular entity but a continuum of same bloodline. Rudolph believes that lizardmen shamans exist to protect the eggs of Astanhag and that while still alive, the god simply eats it's own newborn. Once the creature's lifespan ends, the shamans choose one of the many hatchlings and raise it to become the new Astanhag. This theorem would explain why some eyewitness reports contradict each other on the issue of the creature's size. Nevertheless the creature is judged to be too big so as Thrubmorton Fens could ever sustain more than one of them.

Whatever the truth about the lizardmen god is, one thing is certain: lizardmen shamans are "in the know" about their god. Astanhag is believed to be of great intellect and it has means of travel far beyond that of merely swimming. Many believe that Astanhag has the ability to emerge from any body of water within Thrubmorton Fens at will. The creature is not inherently hostile, but it may believe that attempts to change it's natural environs are a direct assault on it's existence.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/astanhag.jpg

Steel General
08-22-2009, 09:26 AM
More cool stuff here 12Rounds!

Gandwarf
08-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah, very nice. I can't help thinking that Astanhag would fit in well with the Kaidan setting. It has that eastern look.

Redrobes
08-22-2009, 06:22 PM
He's pretty and pretty awesome and pretty terrifying all at the same time. I can see why he would be a god to the lizard folk. He could be a lone example of a species which is more common in Kaiden setting - you never know.

But a big and dreadful creature that has the ability to swim very fast or even transport himself magically through the fens keeping mainly out of sight would be just the kind of thing that starts rumors and keeps the locals in a state of constant unknown. Like the yeti does in the Himalayas.

industrygothica
08-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Name: Luther Dien
Race: Half-Elf (human/elf)

It's great of you to come up with this character when you did. I'll be introducing him in our Witchlight Strand game in just a few moments; he's absolutely perfect for what I need him for.

-IG

12rounds
10-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Name: Miriam Sandell

Miriam popped up in Rhadim a year ago. She has been quiet as to what her past exactly is, but it's not uncommon for people of her trade to keep quiet about their history. Miriam is a thief. And a good one too. She caught the attention of Artos Penhaligon who runs one of two thieves' groups in the area and soon after Miriam was an initiate in the guild. Formerly a woman without strong religious beliefs, she has also initiated herself on the ways of Syth under the tutorage of Artos. And if that is not enough, she is now romantically involved with Artos as well.

Unknown to the members of her new religion and guild and to her boyfriend, she is merely an infiltrator. A traitor paid (a hefty sum it is worth adding) to penetrate the group and report her findings on her employer. Miriam is an adept actor and a travelling rogue by "profession". 15 months earlier she met - by pure chance - Augustus von Haedor in Udunassys (a port city in southern Groam). They had met before on several occasions and Augustus knew enough of Miriam to ask her to become a paid spy for him. Miriam accepted - took a hefty compensation for a two year job - and onwards they sailed to Thargellian Highlands. During the trip they had plenty of time to plan the infiltration and mostly their plans have worked right out of the box.

Miriam reports to Augustus by two independent means. Once a month Augustus moves about in Rhadim in cognito and they meet face-to-face on some obscure and remote place. Once a week she collects incriminating evidence and writes down as much detail as she can and hides the evidence in the base of a ruined and abandoned outpost tower just outside Rhadim. Some other Augustus' "employee" then picks the stuff up and delivers to Augustus - the identity of this third person is not known to Miriam.

Miriam is devilishly enjoying her job. She even finds the dark undertones of Syth rituals and beliefs satisfyingly ironic. No one has suspected anything and she has nicely managed to wrap her lover, Artos, around her spell of acting.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/miriam.jpg

Steel General
10-20-2009, 03:13 PM
More 12Rounds goodness!

Redrobes
10-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Yay - another one

Gandwarf
10-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Brilliant stuff as usual. This character looks a lot like a character in my books by the way :)
Nice to have you back.

Ascension
10-20-2009, 05:40 PM
(begin Butthead voice)
"Hey, baby."
(end Butthead voice)

Juggernaut1981
10-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Name: Miriam Sandell

12Rounds... my only thought on Miriam is this one: It looks like she borrowed her bodice. Think Size 14 Bodice on Size 10 girl...

12rounds
10-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Name: Jaime Castillo

15 years as a professional pirate in the high seas taught only one thing to Jaime - that life is cheap, but still worth living. Jaime has spent most of his adult life onboard ships of a multitude of shapes and sizes. He started out as a deck hand on a small trade vessel, but wanted a more exciting career and switched over to the side of the piracy before he celebrated his 18th birthday.

When the plague-ridden immigrants swarmed to southern Groam, many cities and towns were literally swamped under the pressure and have never recuperated. The same happened to Udynaesses - a once bustling, opportunous, international and joyful port city almost big enough to be a city state. The last ten years have treated the fallen city relatively kindly and some of the city is now almost functional - albeit corrupt, filthy and diseased, but functional. The trade routes are only a fraction of the past glory and even most of the pirates of yester years have switched to easier careers. Like Jaime.

Jaime runs a protection agency now. He has a modern villa in the city centre that houses his employees, a small safe house, training grounds and a protected vegetable garden. Many modern buildings in Udynaesses are now designed to be resistant to mob attacks and have facilities with which the occupants can be self-sustained for short periods of time. Eventhough the plague has not ravaged the city, the swarms of immigrants have introduced severe epidemics that have killed thousands and weakened many more. Jaime's villa is named Castillo's Claw and that's the name of his protection business as well.

Business is now blooming. Crime lords of the city took a severe blow a year ago when a wandering paladin of Aldamar named Augustus von Haedor returned an official court and justice system back into the city. Von Haedor succeeded - with the support of the citizens - to re-establish and rekindle systems that had fleed the city long ago. Crime lords who earlier had divided the city between themselves hold now only a quarter of the city and it's environs and central-government appointed officials have started to run the city towards it's former self. Many citizens regard von Haedor as the saviour of the city and equally many are trying to work against the newly established rule of law. And they all need protection against each other. A delightful situation for Jaime.

Jaime has 12 regular employees and few more on irregular odd jobs. They work for merchants who refuse to pay "protection money" and they work for crime lords who are squeezing "protection money" from merchants. Essentially Jaime's business doesn't take into account what's morally right and simply lets the highest bidder dictate their morale of the day. But they don't do murders, assassinations, kidnappings and any sorts of active violence that potentially leads them to the "hanging hill". Instead they offer services of protection and only resort to violence if attacked first. Or so they claim.

Jaime Castillo has the charismatic presence of a rebel leader. Even if he has no political ambitions at the moment, he has the potential to become a major player in the city. He is a clever and resourceful pragmatist and quite good at creating social networks around him. He respects hard work and loathes all who he thinks gets things too easily. This applies equally well to lazy city officials pushing papers and to fat crime lords farting at their subordinates to steal them more money.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/jaime.jpg

http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/jaime.png

Redrobes
10-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Fab - I can see that token getting a lot of use !

Juggernaut1981
10-25-2009, 07:18 PM
I agree with RedRobes... that's a shiney little token.
*Gets visuals of Hong Kong action films*

12rounds
01-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Name: Lucius Valonia

Formerly a general of the smallish military forces of Karthis, general Valonia fell into severe arguments with the city-state's new ruler. The arguments were mainly fuelled by Lucius' insistence to grow Karthis' military presence in the area. Lucius believes that unstable times are ahead and that Karthians should wake up and stop smelling the roses. Lucius wanted to enhance Karthis' military by amping up all the aspects of the armed forces, forcing a mandatory military service time to all male Karthians and to set clearly defined borders (including peripheral forts and outposts) that the city-state will defend with vigilance and vigor. The soldiers in Karthis are all skilled and honoured professionals, but Lucius thinks there are simply not enough of them to meet the challenges of tomorrow which eventually need these professionals of violence.

Lucius was eventually politically crushed over the course of three years and none of his ideas were taken seriously enough by the civil rulers. The mind-set in the city-state is that the skilled mercenary groups present in the city are enough of a military presence. After a time general Valonia found himself time and time again in bitter arguments and one day after a heated discussion with the leader of the city guardsmen - a man blindly loyal to the civil rulers - he simply announced his retirement, packed his belongings and left Karthis.

He rode straight to Warder Keep where he met several men who he had both fought against and fought with in the past. And of course he knew Artor Cambori very well too. The Warders were commonly used by Karthis to accomplish several semi-military tasks in and around Karthis. And many times Lucius was the final link in the hiring of these mercenaries.

Artor didn't just embrace Lucius to be one of his mercenaries. He thought that Lucius had too much political baggage and too much enemies and too much proudness to become one The Warders. After a night involving much drunken shenanigans, they ended up drawing their swords in disagreement. Other Warders stopped the men and threw Lucius out of the keep. But Lucius had made up his mind ... he was to become one of The Warders. He set up a camp about half a mile away from the keep. He then marched to the keep each and every day to ask for a chance to become one of the mercenaries. After refusing Lucius for 99 times, Artor changed his mind and Lucius was accepted.

That was 5 years ago. Since that time Karthis has been needing the services of The Warders in alarmingly growing frequency.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/2010-01-10.jpg

ravells
01-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Your illos just get better and better! Beautiful!!!

Ascension
01-11-2010, 05:00 PM
The coloring on this is quite nice - dramatic lighting, grungy brushwork for the background...good stuff.

Steel General
01-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Hate to meet him in a dark alley. :)

industrygothica
01-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Glad you're still around 12rounds. I've got a couple requests for you. ;)

Lucious is amazing, btw.

-IG

12rounds
01-12-2010, 02:54 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah I'm still around, but life has been more hectic recently so I've had less spare time to spend for these. Tons of ideas, though.

12rounds
01-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Name: Dominique Atel

As a pathmage of some reputation, Groam has been a good source of income for Dominique. She has helped countless caravans and small groups in finding their way out of the plague-ridden areas and in relative safety for that matter. Dominique settled to Udynaesses a long time ago after a very lucrative job of helping a wealthy, but somewhat mysterious, extended family of some 20 persons to safety via the port of Udynaesses.

Since moving to Udynaesses, Dominique has specialized in creating and selling magical wardings. Her repertoire includes warding stones, warding crystals, warding jewelry and warding clothing items. She is not actively selling her stuff, but instead has a small network of known associates who refer seekers of stuff items to her. She is also not doing it for the money any more - she has plenty of that to go around already. That fact also gives her justification to refuse certain wardings and some other tasks pathmages are sometimes requested to do.

Dominique's warding stones are very popular among certain groups. Local guides, mercenary bands, hunters and such buy the bulk of Dominique's warding stones. Stories abound that Dominique's warding stones against for example wild animals work easily a fortnight even if used every night to protect a camping site.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/illustrations/dominique.jpg

Marken4
03-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Just wow.. I love her animalskin dresss (leopard right? ^^") she really looks like a person that could excist. Maybe theres a story to that stone (i'm new to this forum you see), but if not I'd like it to be all shinygreen and maybe color in som hard green light on her..? Keep it comin!

Gandwarf
03-07-2010, 04:43 PM
I missed your updates 12rounds, my life has been a bit hectic too :)
Glad you are still visiting us and I still love your work. All thumbs up!

12rounds
06-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Name: Baron Janik Costellanice

Baron Costellanice is the Lord Mayor of the town of Voran and the town's de facto ruler. The good baron is very much a trusted man of the leader of Raedis, Lord Romano, although the Costellanice family jeopardized their good terms with Raedis years ago in a short-lived dispute of back-stabbing, extortions, bribery and corruption between the Raedis' leading merchant-family, the Alleuris, and the Costellanice family. Things have settled down since those days and currently the Alleuri family hold a stable number one position as the most important merchant family in Raedis. However, in Voran and it's immediate vicinity, the Costellanices are the ones in power. In Voran, literally nothing happens without the knowledge of the Costellanice family.

The town of Voran is relatively peaceful. It's location is rather idyllic: the town sparsely sprouts over the two banks of the river and the town boasts also a bustling harbour which houses numerous riverboats and sturdier fishing ships. The dreaded plague is seeping to the town only in the tall tales of adventurers and in fact Voran is geographically nicely shielded by habited areas so there is little chance of a sudden outburst of the horrible disease. All this adds to a stable and well-doing economy of the area and nearby Raedis' military presence also makes the town safe.

So. Baron Costellanice has had it easy. No major upheavels in the recent past and none looms in the immediate future. The people do well and the lake provides ample food for the town even in those years when the crops fail for whatever reason. Thus Baron Costellanice has no opposition to speak of. In fact he and the Costellanice family he is leading are well-liked and respected in the community at large. The family is wealthy and powerful although they are largely seen as somewhat decadent and vane. Officially Baron Costellanice and all his family members are backing up Lord Romano of Raedis, but the unspoken truth is that any political change is bound to break the socio-economic coherency of Voran and that is not in the interest of Baron Costellanice. Thus the "support" he offers to Lord Romano is rather superficial and more of a courteous gesture than anything tangible.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/lords_and_ladies/2010-06-06.jpg

tilt
06-27-2010, 04:34 PM
so.. now I skimmed through the whole thread... very nice pictures you make, and really love the counters, they have great coloring and good dynamics :) ... so I'll throw a bit of rep in your direction :)

Redrobes
06-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Ahh I always love it when I get a notification on this thread. Nice one again Kimmo. Good to know your still doing your characters - they're very much appreciated.

12rounds
07-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Name: Chieftain Grom
Race: Orc

One of the foremost leaders of the several restless and bloodthirsty demihuman tribes of Bloodspires, Chieftain Grom bows for no-one. There is no formal king among the biggering tribes of orcs, goblins, kobolds, hobgoblins and ogres of Bloodspires, but if one would be appointed today, Chieftain Grom would be a strong candidate for such a post. Grom may not live to see himself as the King of Bloodspires since he is not particularly interested in uniting with anybody that's not an orc. The orcs themselves are just a fraction - albeit a strong one - of all the inhabitants of Bloodspires and even the orc clans have blood feuds and ancient rivalries running amok amongst themselves.

Chieftain Grom is ruthless, cunning and intelligent. He would be considered an intelligent person even if he was a human or an elf, but for an orc Grom is exceptionally bright. However his conniving brain is constantly under attack by his impatience and temperament that frequently cloud his judgement in all matters ranging from domestic affairs to warfare. So far Grom has supporters in all orc clans and several tribes of goblins and kobolds and other demihuman races, but he has not yet been able to show enough leadership to form a solid and wide ranging supporter-base that would allow him to claim a more prominent position. Nevertheless he is not just a chieftain among chieftains anymore and anytime the orc chieftains hold meetings of any kind, when Grom speaks his mind, silence falls and propositions meet nodding and grunts signalling agreement.

Several authorities in coastal cities of Witchlight Strand have seen Grom's growing power as alarming and a few unsuccesfull assasination attempts against Grom have already been attempted. The Liaglades elves are, however, not at all worried about Grom per se, but the possibility of a united demihuman front is what makes the elves more cautious. The elves see Grom as too violent and bloodthirsty to be able to form a cohesive union between the tribes, but eventually such a person is bound to rise among the demihuman ranks. Humans on the other hand more generally acknowledge Grom's possibilities in achieving some sort of powerful pact or alliance between the orc clans. If such a pact would form, the power of the orcs would grow considerably and might draw the lesser dominant races of Bloodspires towards them.

Whatever the future holds for humans and elves, the orc Clan of Grom is enjoying successes after another in the leadership of Chieftain Grom.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/orcs/2010-07-03.jpg

Steel General
07-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Great stuff again 12Rounds - love the morningstar Grom's carrying

industrygothica
07-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Ohh! And I just happen to have a party of wayward adventurer's heading into that area. Great stuff!

-IG

Gandwarf
07-05-2010, 04:05 PM
More updates, that's great :)
I am noticing a change: you are displaying the head and chest in the latest images instead of the entire body. Don't get me wrong here, they look great, but I am curious why you have chosen to do them this way?

12rounds
07-06-2010, 04:46 AM
No particular reason, Gandwarf. Just experimenting. It opens up more options for face and facial expressions. I also find it a bit more challenging.

Ascension
07-06-2010, 08:18 AM
I'm with ya 12, plus I don't really need to see feet unless there's something odd about them.

12rounds
10-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Name: Tanya Gaelen

Tanya works for Augustus von Haedor as an assistant. She admires the man - his relentlessness and unending patience. They are not romantically involved and in fact Tanya sees Augustus more like a father figure than a lover. It was pure chance that brought the two under the same roof one windy and rainy day a week after Augustus had entered Rhadim and decided to take residence just outside of the city. Tanya just happened to seek safety from the weather in the same inn Augustus had chosen to set his base and they soon found out that they both enjoyed the company of each other and that their views of the world followed the same guiding principles.

Although not a religious person, Tanya has strong convictions and deep understanding of common kindness and fairness which are - sadly - vaning traits and making way for selfishness and greed. Naturally Augustus did not just happen to trust the girl he met out of the blue, but instead put her through several tests before spilling the beans on his mission in Rhadim. Tanya does not know all that Augustus knows, but she knows enough to act accordingly. Her job is manifold: she is to act as a liason between Augustus and Miriam Sandell who has penetrated the deep core of the rising Syth cult in Rhadim and she is also to keep track of Miriam, follow menial errands in the city and see if she can find information about the possible corruption of city officials. Tanya does not personally know Miriam, but she does observe her comings and goings from a distance whereas Miriam doesn't know anything at all about Tanya - except that there is a mysterious person who picks up clues and information that are left by Miriam to be further directed to Augustus later.

Tanya is merely an adult - just 21 years of age. But she was an early bloomer and was practically a grown-up at the age of 14. Roughly at that time her mother and father both died in a fire. She had no siblings to take care of and her parents' passing away unrooted her from the place she grew up. She took off and left the neighbourhood of her childhood and never looked back. A literal coming of age. After 7 years of travelling around she still seeks new challenges and wishes to see more marvels of distant lands and their inhabitants. It is very clear to Augustus that Tanya is not going to stay beside him for the duration it might take to destroy the cult of Syth in Rhadim. Although Tanya has expressed an ideal that she wishes to see this thing through to the end. Who knows, maybe Augustus has enough influence on Tanya to make her stay in Rhadim until his job there is done.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/adventurers/2010-10-04.jpg

Avengeil
10-06-2010, 07:36 AM
These illustrations are so cool. You have done a really good job.

BTW do you mind if I use them for my ongoing d&d campaign(giving you credit for them of course:)) as my drawing skills are next to nothing?

Redrobes
10-06-2010, 07:44 AM
I was only thinking yesterday of this thread. So good to see ya and some more art !

12rounds
10-06-2010, 08:43 AM
BTW do you mind if I use them for my ongoing d&d campaign...
Naturally. That's why they have the Creative Commons licensing symbol on them. Check http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses for details of the license by browsing down to the same symbol. Basically I'm just denying you any and all commercial use of the images.

Aval Penworth
10-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Naturally. That's why they have the Creative Commons licensing symbol on them. Check http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses for details of the license by browsing down to the same symbol. Basically I'm just denying you any and all commercial use of the images.

Yeah, but out of respect people still like to ask.

geamon
10-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Unfortunately a lot of people aren't aware of creative commons licensing. Being open source still hasn't caught on like it should yet....

Steel General
10-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Nice to see my little corner of the CWBP getting a bit of 'love' as I have sadly neglected it. :(

Avengeil
10-06-2010, 12:08 PM
I had already checked out Creative Commons license in a thread(I think Quabbe had started it) about using somebody's map without his permission.
I find it really nice when I know that somebody is appreciating and using my work and I just wanted to pass around the feeling and to let you know that somebody is using them.

12rounds
10-06-2010, 02:01 PM
I had already checked out Creative Commons license in a thread(I think Quabbe had started it) about using somebody's map without his permission.
I find it really nice when I know that somebody is appreciating and using my work and I just wanted to pass around the feeling and to let you know that somebody is using them.
Thank you. It's appreciated.

12rounds
10-08-2010, 03:32 AM
Name: Hight Priest Dry'zan
Race: Drow
Location: Thargellian Highlands (undisclosed location; usually at sea)

Dry'zan is one of the eight (one for each leg of The Spider) high priests of Syth. There are numerous legends and stories about him and his relationship with Syth - some of which are just that, legends. However, there are some stories that seem to correlate to Dry'zan's life as witnessed by many bystanders. Just one such story involves a "reward" from an avatar of Syth in the form of a poisonous bite. Dry'zan was supposedly confronted by a giant and highly intelligent spider queen in a remote and unrevealed coastal region far away and he spent a full moon cycle with the queen while his shipmates, acolytes and crew were moored a few miles away. After the month, legend has it that the queen offered to bite Dry'zan and with the bite Dry'zan would become much closer to Syth spiritually and mentally, but that the bite would certainly be harmful to him in some way. Dry'zan accepted the offer, relapsed into convulsions and semi-comatose state and was subsequently picked up from the sea by his acolytes. Dry'zan took turns between extreme weakness, paralysis and deliriousness for two weeks during which time he was thought to have died twice.

The reward does seem like a punishment to most - permanent paralysis of his left hand and partial facial paralysis, a frustratingly complete loss of ability to smile and express happiness or joy, sensitivity to noise bordering on physical pain, regular painful stomach-aches and painful skin lesions that come and go. However, Dry'zan obviously gained a lot in the exchange - abilities, mental faculties and magical skills and spells most of which he has kept as secrets even to his closest acolytes. All that was a quarter of a century ago.

Since then Dry'zan has successfully established five cults of Syth all over Ansium. They are all the fruits of careful planning and years of cultivation that takes a lot of energy, dedication and pure money (which pours in by careful control of dozens of thievery organisations). The sixth cult is about to blossom in Rhadim, Thargellian Highlands, which was a chosen location by Dry'zan three years ago when he moved into the area and started to lay the groundworks with his devotees and acolytes. Only now, years later, Rhadim is deemed fit to accept the first actual cultists who will be responsible for the initial founding of nests. The prior years Rhadim has been only targeted by preparatory work that included spying, gathering of information and secrets that could be used to both corrupt and blackmail the powerful individuals in Rhadim. The city has gradually succumbed to Dry'zan's influence in the form of general corruption, decaying moral attitudes and outright hostilities. The changes have been slow enough not to alarm the citizens and power groups, but generally many people seem to feel that "Rhadim was better in the old days". Time is now ripe to actually form the cult.

It has been said that Syth has given Dry'zan a quest to establish and nurture 8 cults. The cult in Rhadim would be his 6th in this quest and right now the work is going on as smoothly as it possibly could.

Dry'zan does not have a fixed location where he lives. Instead he travels aboard a large and very old ship that has a beautifully ornamented black spider adorning it's aft and extending it's black legs halfway the ship's exterior hull as if engulfing the ship from behind. The ship is called Meluc - a name shrouded in the past of Dry'zan. Dry'zan has established a couple of operations bases along the coast in remote locations and there's also a small island base which provides Dry'zan's ship with fresh water, fruits and livestock. The island is uninhabited otherwise, but Dry'zan's people have built there a smallish village not unlike a fishing village. Rhadim officials mistakenly believe that the island houses a pirate's cove, but have been reluctant to investigate further because piracy has been actually decreasing in the area for several years now (very much because of Dry'zan's influence; he wants to use the city's wealth against itself instead of handing it over to greedy pirates).

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/clerics/2010-10-07.jpg

Steel General
10-08-2010, 07:19 AM
More cool stuff, love the little histories you provide along with the images.

industrygothica
10-09-2010, 12:41 AM
Stellar work, as usual. If you're taking requests, I've got one for you. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

-IG

12rounds
10-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Name: Chya, Priestess of Spiders

One of the young prodigees of Hight Priest Dry'zan, Chya has mastered the secret black art of Nero Arachnitis - one of Syth's magical spheres. High Priests of Syth generally master 4-5 of the black arts controlled by Syth and their most prominent apprentices learn directly from their High Priest. Chya is one of three Syth's priests and priestessess that Dry'zan has appointed to lead the new cult of Syth in Rhadim, Thargellian Highlands. The other two are masters of two different disciplines. In this way Dry'zan can establish a formidable power block - each member of which control one important aspect of what it means to be a cult leader of Syth.

Chya was only 10 when her parents were killed in a massive fire that burnt down most of the village where Chya grew up. Dry'zan and 5 of his disciples were staying in a nearby forest clearing at the time and once they realised the village had pretty much burned to the ground, Chya - shocked, dirty, crying and trembling - pleaded the strangers to help her as she was one of the few survivors wandering through the remnants of the village. He was just about to dismiss the wimpering girl when he spotted a black spider crawling upwards the girl's long flowing raven-black hair. That was clearly a sign from Syth himself and Chya soon became an integral part of Dry'zan's group. Chya was not "in the loop" of Dry'zan's activities until well into her early adulthood when she was officially appointed a title of Apprenticing Priestess by Dry'zan. Chya owes her life to Dry'zan and also everything she knows about magical arts is from her mentor as well. The young girl was easy to mould into accepting Syth as her deity and is thus now a devout follower of the dark deity.

Chya is today 28 years old and is quite an attractive young woman - except when vomiting spiders! Her raven-black hair and sensuously soft voice combined with her beautiful shape and delicate face make her a real head turner. Chya also knows her beauty and uses her looks to seduce men in order to exploit the men's weaknesses at a later occasion. A real femme fatale. She has no mentionable moral boundaries and is famous for organising depraved orgies in which the participants willingly get involved in activities best left to imagination. Such festivities usually entail potent herbal concoctions that enhance the feelings of pleasure and ecstacy.

In Rhadim Chya has now formed a spider sect. The sect has 20 members - 5 of whom are Chya's disciples and the rest are mainly younger local men who have been enthralled by Chya and her wild parties. The sect members are not just any random peasants and instead are all carefully hand-picked from an array of potent families. As such, the members are more victims than they realise. The sect has several immediate goals set by Dry'zan and the most important one is to gain total control of the two rivalling thieves's guilds in the city. A work already nearly finished. As for the next goals ... only Dry'zan knows for certain.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/clerics/2010-10-09.jpg

A token of Chya and one of a group of spiders:
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/tokens/2010-10-09.png
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/tokens/2010-10-09_spiders.png

mearrin69
10-09-2010, 10:10 AM
That's cool...especially the tokens.
M

Steel General
10-09-2010, 04:05 PM
More great stuff!

If I ever manage to get my commission map done I'll have to give mapping Rhadim some serious thought.

Redrobes
10-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Oh oh oh - top down tokens ! :D Nice one Kimmo. What a back story ! I cant quite decide if vomiting spiders is enough to put me off her ;)

geamon
10-11-2010, 01:36 AM
These are real fun reading. Keep it up!!!

12rounds
10-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Name: Deeson Voss

A mountain of a man and a man whom the people of Hania consider their leader. Deeson Voss gets attention when he speaks. His low, bass voice has a remarkable tendency to cut air and still remain clear and intact. A former soldier, Voss retired from the military with a rank of a Guard Captain and decided to detach himself from the environs of city life. He considers large population centers as repulsively too crowded, filthy and decadent preferring to wake up in serene silence breached only by the sounds of birds. His ladyfriend was originally from Hania and that's where he resituated himself after he left the military. Unfortunately he was able to share a life with his woman, Lucia, for only couple of years when she died giving birth to their son - who regrettably also passed away just days after the troubled birth.

Losing a companion and a son was a hard bite to swallow even to a seasoned veteran of war, but with the help of the good people of Hania, he was able to pull himself up from the deep, dark hole of misery. The help of the villagers proved to Deeson that he was right all along - that the "simple" rural people far exceed the emotional walking dead of big cities in their ability to extend courtesy, share their meager bread and ale and be emotionally available. So after this revelation, Deeson decided to remain in Hania and he built himself a sturdy and spacious home.

Deeson Voss is strict, determined and blunt. He does not much care for the fanciness of city folks and his hard-working no-nonsense attitude has gained him a lot of respect. His determination to finish things he has started borders on insane stubborness and he absolutely loathes idle hands, star-gazing, loitering and pretty much any other non-physical activity that might allow the mind to wander and unpleasant memories to surface. Needless to say Deeson has not tackled his own past and is actively trying to repress his memories and feelings.

Despite him being like an ox, Deeson is blindingly fast. His reactions are etched deep into his muscle memory and his instincts serve but one purpose - survival. Under duress - like combat - he is somehow able to channel his repressed emotional baggage into devastating power that sometimes surprises even himself. There are stories of him cutting an orc vertically into two pieces in one blow with an axe. In fact ... several such stories and they are being backed up many witnesses from the village. People that have had no other option except to try and defend their families against raiding orcs.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/adventurers/2010-10-14.jpg

industrygothica
10-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Incredible. He's absolutely perfect. Thank you so much!

Oh, and rep to you, of course.

-IG

jtougas
10-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Wow..Awesome just awesome !! :) repped of course.. !!

Redrobes
10-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Oh right !, is that what he looks like. Sounds like he might be of some real use to us then LOL.

Steel General
10-15-2010, 06:09 AM
*Applauds*

12rounds
10-17-2010, 05:27 AM
Name: Countess Sullivan

As Countess of Morton, Lady Sullivan holds one of the most important positions a woman can formally possess in Thrubmorton Fens. A wife to Count Ludwig Morton, The Crimson Knight, Lady Sullivan is naturally less famous than her husband but many people know that the countess actually holds much more power in her hands than the good count. It's a common known fact that Lord Morton is a physical man - a man who enjoys the outdoors and getting his hands on all sorts of physical activities. Including taking part of common construction projects in the city, helping out a local merchant family fix their leaking roof or even rescuing a panicked, meowing cat from a tree.

Lady Sullivan is another matter. She believes that the nobility should actually rule insted of cohorting with the common masses. It's a subject of frequent and heated discussions between the two and a resolution to this conflict does not seem likely until either one backs off on their stance. Countess Sullivan pretty much controls the common affairs needed to make the city function and prosper. She controls the advisors, the civil servants and even city guard - just because Lord Morton gets easily bored if he's ever needed to sit down for hours on end and listen to people complain about this and that and their grandmother. Of course if Lord Morton happens to say something to someone about anything really, his word will be final on the subject and everyone else - including his wife - backs off. It's just a rare occurrence for Lord Morton to have an opinion on how the city should be managed and run. Not that he doesn't care, but his mind quickly begins to wander and his interest wane when the matters at hand are routine in nature. Lady Sullivan is the de facto ruler of the Morton family and by extension she pretty much rules the whole county.

Lady Sullivan is very aware of her status and many believe she is arrogant and condescenting because of this. Nevertheless she is careful with her words knowing that in politics the words are the weapons. She does have extensive verbal talents. When she gets infuriated, the words she fires from her lips are continuous, blunt, harsh whippings and lashings that effectively slash the weak points of the recipient. Nobody likes to hear negative things about their shortcomings, weaknesses, looks, mental or physical defects or their lineage. She knows exactly where to strike should the need arise.

Currently 24 family members (some of which are just small children) of the Morton family live in the Morton Castle and they extend their power to all activites within the city and throughout the whole county. So much so that absolutely nothing can happen without the approval of some of the Mortons. The consistency of decisionmaking is held up by Lady Sullivan. She has managed to force all the members of the Morton clan to gather together during dinner time and during the dinner they discuss urgent matters, general guidelines on how to rule and what's happening and why. Roughly twice a week the dinner includes guests such as high-ranking civil servants, guild leaders, merchants, clergy or prominent artisans or somesuch folks of distinction. The meaning behind this is to keep the ruling family "in the loop" of how the daily life goes on and whether or not the guests have any wishes or requests on how their line of business can be helped to function better. Of course many guests are not feeling comfortable enough to express their ideas and feelings candidly but those who dare say their piece often later find out it having a beneficial effect. But everyone also knows there is a fine line not to be crossed - the Mortons do not take kindly to propositions that would lessen the family's hold (or squeeze, depending on whom one asks) on the affairs of the county.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/lords_and_ladies/2010-10-16.jpg

Steel General
10-17-2010, 08:17 AM
*Continues Applauding*

Midgardsormr
10-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Nice! I think that's your best yet.

ravells
10-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Beautiful! I also think it's your best yet.

Avengeil
10-19-2010, 11:37 AM
So perfect....

12rounds
10-21-2010, 03:42 AM
First, thank you all for your kind comments! It's really appreciated.
And now for today's update.

-----------------------------------------------

Name: Durgar
Race: Dwarf

One of the finest alchemists of Thrubmorton Fens, Durgar is as famous as an alchemist can be. He is utterly devoted to his craft and his passion and dedication has taken him on a road on which he has tackled great mysteries and faced mortal danger. So much so that many people dismiss him as a crazed old scientist trying to reach a realm any sane person would leave alone. And yes ... he is prone to recklessness and insane bravado when doing his work.

Durgar has three residences at the moment. His mansion is located in Thrub somewhat outside the city in a beautiful secluded forest clearing facing a small lake. This is the place where Durgar mostly charges his batteries, rests and spends time thinking. He doesn't have a family any longer - his dedication to the alchemical crafts has driven away his former companion and she took with her their two sons. In Morton Durgar has his primary workshop. There he spends three quarters of his time surrounded by dangerous liquids, lethal essences and a team of more-or-less experienced apprentices. Explosions and fires are not uncommon. Hence the workshop is now contained within it's own city block separated from the rest of the city by tall stone fence - which has the convenient side effect of keeping the business of the alchemists out of the sight of common people. The place is not at all liked by the good people of Morton because many believe that Durgar is dealing with forces best left alone. There is justification to this belief: a decade ago an accident in the workshop released strange gases in the air and hundreds of people in the city reported seeing the strangests of things for a duration of several days. Things like flying pink lizardmen attacking the city from the sky. The third place of residence is in the Easthold Castle. Nothing much is known about that except that Durgar does there some work that has already taken three years and he doesn't share anything about this even with his apprentices - he goes to Easthold Castle alone and secludes himself into his subterranean workshop not even interacting with the local people. Excepting the people who apparently are his employers: the rulers of Easthold Castle. His work in Easthold Castle takes him there about thrice a year for periods of one to two weeks at a time.

Durgar's specialty is essence extraction. He masters many alchemical disciplines ranging from material mutations to potion making to creation of potent dissolvents, but his main field of study has been essence extraction and imbuing for at least 50 years. Without a doubt he is one of the leading professionals in this very narrow field of expertise in the whole of Ansium.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/wizards/2010-10-17.jpg

Redrobes
10-21-2010, 06:46 AM
Gosh, I must have missed Countess Sullivan and that portrait is a doozy - and in Thrubland too !!!. I would have said best yet but then Durgar comes along and now I think this one is the best yet. Theres no doubt about it, your getting better and better at these and the shading and textures are real cool. All of these character profiles are so colourful and interesting. I really must take all of the named characters and put them on the map at their designated positions.

I'm betting that a character like Durgar would draw all sorts of interesting people to the city of Morton to visit him. You might accidentally run into some real powerful wizard on the roads around Morton. Theres supposed to be some kind of unnamed, unknown as yet sort of wizard or similar in the Arcanspikes. These are two high peaks, spires or strangely unnatural kind of tall spikes of rock with some sort of castle type thing on top. In them are two mysterious wizards.

Steel General
10-21-2010, 07:24 AM
*arms becoming numb from the continuous applause* :D

12rounds
10-24-2010, 06:56 AM
Name: Argyld Willem

It's a common known fact that many who explore the strange wildernesses and long lost cities of Bruskos, are not going to return with their sanity intact. In fact most do not come back at all. That's no excuse for trying though. There's enough legends of untold riches and unresolved mysteries to lure adventurous minds into the bowels of Bruskos. However, since the wilderness of Bruskos is mostly rough to navigate and still remains unmapped, one needs someone to at least give a nudge to the right direction. Enter Argyld Willem - a seasoned river guide and adventurer.

Argyld's business is guiding expeditions and adventurer groups. He is a river guide and sticks with his plan - asking him about the forests or jungles of Bruskos will usually only result in the shrugging of shoulders. And rivers he knows. He knows quite well the major watervays that penetrate deep into Bruskos and he knows where it is safe to make camp and most importantly where it is not safe.

Argyld is a somber and quiet person. He doesn't want to interact with his passengers any more than it is needed and he absolutely doesn't want to bond with any of them in any way. That's because he knows that after dropping his passengers off to where ever they wish to start exploring, he won't be seeing them again. Unless discounting the "floaters" - corpses or pieces of them grimly floating downstream. Argyld offers his services for a fee and his fee must always be paid full in advance. Argyld has several different open topped river vessels accomodating between 3 and 8 passengers and their gear. When asked he will give advice on what to bring along, but otherwise he makes it clear that what stuff he himself brings along is only meant for him. Argyld has about a dozen regular camp sites alongside the river banks of the river routes and some of them have hidden supplies as well. Most of them are accessible by boat only and some are actually caverns.

Meeting Argyld may be tricky. He doesn't have a permanent residence. A bit of persistence is required to hook up with him. His business is known among seasoned adventurers (and bartenders) and with luck he can be met in any of the major cities dotting Witchlight Strand.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/adventurers/2010-10-21.jpg

industrygothica
10-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Excellent. I can see that finding him would be an adventure in itself! This character dramatically opens up the unknown region of Bruskos and all of its unexplored glory. Bravo!

-IG

12rounds
10-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Name: Zane

Before the plague struck down on Groam, Zane was involved in piracy under Jaime Castillo. When Jaime switched to land-based operations, Zane was eager to follow and is currently Jaime's right hand. While not exactly equal partners, Zane still enjoys the same respect as his boss does - and some respect him even more because of his ruthlessness and determination when a job needs finishing.

Zane does a lot of operational preparations and actual operational work. Even in simple cases he plans several alternative scenarios. This in turn is extremely valuable for the kind of operations that Jaime Castillo's crew of protection agency is involved in. He carefully plans reserve actions and sometimes he even personally times out minimum, maximum and expected timings some jobs or parts thereof are going to take up. This level of planning and detailing has often saved lifes and equally often landed a hefty bonus for the crew from their clients who don't expect to get out of situations going sour.

His personal life is stoic and his ambitions are not revolving around money. He gains satisfaction from outthinking his opponents and he aims to become even better and better in strategic thinking. This is not to say that he tries to con his way out of a fight - because he doesn't. Sometimes hand-to-hand combat is essential for plans to come in fruition and sometimes strategically "losing" is also desired. It takes a big man to loose a combat in purpose, but if it's part of a complex plan, eventually Zane will make sure his opposition knows that it was done on purpose. He is highly skilled with 2-handed knife-fighting and will not hesitate to slit a throat in a heartbeat if need be. In combat he will always go for killing strikes against only wounding enemies unless the situation is part of a plan. It's also not uncommon for Zane to fight with his hands only and in fact he is very proficient with a potent brutal kicking technique that focuses on killing kicks on the head and neck. This technique was taught to him by other pirates and it's based on the fact that close-combat fighting in ships relies on grappling ropes and reelings in order to maintain balance on rocking ships and thus the hands are usually occupied unless one wishes to face the hugging of the ocean.

Zane lives in the same villa Jaime Castillo does and while there, he serves as the between-man between strangers wishing to meet with Jaime and the man himself. He filters out propositions that he knows will not fit into what Jaime wants to do with his operation and he keeps tabs and records on every project they are involved in.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/adventurers/2010-10-25.jpg

industrygothica
10-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Very nice. Are you upping these to the wiki or do I need to get on the ball? I've a sneaking feeling it's the latter... It's great stuff though, keep 'em coming!

-IG

12rounds
10-27-2010, 07:01 AM
Latter, unfortunately. But the thing is that if I happen to get into the right mood and have a few hours to spend, I'd probably could do it myself. In fact even this thread is becoming a bit bulky for me - I'm thinking of perhaps creating a new thread in which I'd post all the stuff again, but in a more easily digestible format.

Redrobes
10-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Nice one again !

Do you want me to use the variant of the WIP scraper to generate all the pics & links to generate one page of thumbs ? Id have to mod the script a bit to look for all images in one thread rather than all latest WIPs in multiple threads but its not a huge deal.

12rounds
10-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Well, Redrobes, I don't exactly know what you're talking there. I assume you mean you have a script that creates a single post that contains thumbs of the images in one thread and the thumbs link to the original post? Or something else completely... ;)

industrygothica
10-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Yeah... nearly 370 posts in, there probably could be a better way to sort it all out. I don't think anyone had a clue in the beginning that you'd all this life into the world. It'd be great if we could get all that inspiration into something a bit more friendly. Slogging through 37 pages of forum posts is definitely NOT friendly... ;)

Redrobes
10-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Yes thats about right. I made a script to snag a copy of all the monthly challenge entries cos its well tedious to update a page to keep track of all the entries as they change. So its all done mostly automatically. We add challenge members by hand then from there it grabs their entry and formats them all up into one page of entries.

We could mod the script to look at one thread and pull in all the images into one page of thumbs that link back to the piccy post instead of the thread. If there are pics in this thread that we dont want included then it might be better to tag all the pics that we do want with a tag so that it knows to grab them. Then in future every new portrait you add the tag if you want it included. If your interested in seeing what it would produce then look at our current map challenge (main or lite) and look for the thumbs. Or look at the finished map thumbs. Same thing.

Its interesting that my page here says 10 pages. You can set your profile so that it shows more posts per page...

12rounds
10-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Oh indeed! Increasing the messages / page to 40 makes browsing a lot less awkward. Thx for the tip, Redrobes.

Redrobes
10-27-2010, 08:22 PM
I'll work on that script real soon and see what we get from it then we can decide if we want it or need to adjust it for some reason.

12rounds
10-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Ok. Thanks in advance, Redrobes.

Redrobes
10-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Ok I have this thread now:
http://www.cartographersguild.com/utilities/Thumbs/Kimmo/Kimmo.htm

I think we need some WIP tags. If you can put a

### PIC ###

in front of all the images you want to collect up in the posts then we can filter out the sig images and the banter talk stuff not relevant to your art. If you need some examples, again most of the challenge entries all have them with Latest WIP type tags.

The problem is that you have added most of your images as links and the sig images are the same type of linked format so I cant tell the difference.

industrygothica
10-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Is there any way that you can link back to the original post as well? We're missing out on all that descriptive goodness. I tried clicking the number above the thumb, but that doesn't appear to be doing the trick.

-IG

12rounds
10-28-2010, 11:20 AM
I added a "### PIC ###" just prior to every character illustration link in this thread.

Redrobes
10-29-2010, 06:34 AM
Thanks 12rounds, ill mod my script to look for the tag and rerun it again and hope we should get a better selection.

@IG: If you click the image then it links to the original big version - like the challenge entries, if you click on the title then it links to the page of the thread it appeared in. I cant go to the post because I scan the whole page as a set of text and its not tracking the individual posts within the thread so I can go to the resolution of a URL. Actually as I am typing this I can think of something to try but it might not work - but generally its the URL.

Redrobes
10-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Ok, check out the link now - it looks much better :D and I sorted out the link to the post as well which was a little tricky but got there in the end. Maybe you would like to edit this link into post 1 of this thread at the top. Its a manual job to refresh the images for the page so it will get done now and again maybe a few times per year or so.

Gotta say looking at them all like that, of all the work done at the guild this is some of the most impressive work here. Its awesome.

EDIT -- Added the location and names to some of them. If you can add the names in the existing current format to the earlier ones then I could grab those as well.

12rounds
10-30-2010, 03:34 AM
Looks very nice! Thanks a lot. I'll edit the name, race and location details for the earlier portraits as time permits.

12rounds
10-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Name: Malik Al'Wathar

Once a simple guardsman for the city of Calishem, Malik has quickly risen through the rank and file to first an honorary guard for the Calishem family and recently to a special unit called The Desert Shadows. The unit comprises of 30 distinguished warriors of proven Calishem descendance and they can only be commanded by members of the Calishem family. The Desert Shadows are a sort of honorary guard unit but their fields of responsibilities entail much more than simple guard duty. Most Desert Shadows are permanently attached to provide security to certain members of the Calishem family - with or without their knowledge. Malik has not been associated with any particular family member yet. Instead his main responsibility for now is organising protection and safety for the Calishem treasures around the country. He has free access to most treasure chambers all over the land and he has the authority to order and command local captains to give warriors for any tasks he dare ask.

Malik is a person of thoughful calmness. He never loses his marbles and has the patience of a lion. These attributes were the ones that awarded him the attention he has gotten from the royal family. He is in good terms with pretty much everyone he has ever known and apparently has no enemies at all - living enemies, that is. Malik has become friends with a few of the members of the Calishem family including one of the princesses, Khalida Calishem, with whom he has been on many missions under her command. Malik has great respect for Khalida and most obviously is also quite fond of her. It's uncertain whether Khalida has noticed this affection or whether she has similar feelings. In Calishem, there are no strict codes of behavior to follow regarding socialising between members of different social backgrounds.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/warriors/2010-10-31.jpg

12rounds
11-07-2010, 03:55 AM
Name: Evan Chiesa

Evan Chiesa is a brother to one deceased Maria Chiesa - the former wife of Baron Dunden LaFleur of Raedis. Dunden murdered his wife Maria by pushing her off of a balcony at LaFleur Mansion. The act was preceded by intense quarreling, shouting and yelling mostly originating from the Baron. The murderous act changed Evan's life forever. He swore he'd devote his life to serving justice to Baron LaFleur (the murderer himself), to LaFleur family (who let the whole tragedy unfold and who covered up afterwards) and to the city state of Raedis (whose officials and rulers didn't have enough moral balls to serve any kind of punishment to Dunden).

Evan has transformed from a furniture carpenter to a full-fledged and versatile combatant who is now a leader in an underground and rather small resistance group. The group see Raedis' officials as corrupted and immoral and their goal is to get rid of both the influential power blocks that actively shape the city-state's decisionmaking and also to replace Raedis' leaders and their most devout supporters. The existence of Evan's group has by no means escaped the radar of Raedis' informants and spies and Evan Chiesa is currently carrying a price on his head - a hefty one too - that has forced Evan to become more careful and less trusting of strangers.

Now Evan has started harrassing Raedis' official business. He ambushes merchant convoys. He interferes with the duties of city officials and has interrupted the city-state's tax collection and census collection groups on several occasions. The wealth he gains by robbery he distributes to impoverished families around Tavor and Voran. Evan and his group now mostly live out in the woods or in remote farmhouses and barns of sympathisers to their cause.

A fiery passion fuels Evan, but his group has close ties to a few persons of Aldamar's persuasion. Those who follow Aldamar do not condone Evan's radical approach per se. Aldamar's followers are extending their helping hand to Evan by trying to initiate negotiations with Lord Roberto Romano in order to both avoid escalation of the conflict and to generate a punishment for Dunden LaFleur. Lord Romano has not been interested and in fact doesn't think Evan Chiesa and his miniscule group of ingrates presents any real threat to Raedis. So no discussions and negotiations have taken place and the fact that Evan is not taken seriously has only further infuriated him.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/adventurers/2010-11-06.jpg

Marken4
11-07-2010, 06:13 AM
Nice pose! Impressive as always :)

Steel General
11-07-2010, 07:27 AM
More cool stuff 12Rounds!

12rounds
11-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Name: Elisabeth Lukas

A witch in town? Elisabeth has either heard of it ... or has already disposed of the foullness that is witchery. She is probably the most famous witch hunter of Witchlight Strand and it surely seems she is busy. She resides in Port Magalie - not far from the city central - but it's equally likely to meet her pretty much anywhere in Witchlight Strand since her profession often force her to pursue identified witches on the run for long periods of time. And witches seem aplenty in the Witchlight Strand. Go figure.

While at Port Magalie, Elisabeth spends a lot of time at The Wyvern's Nest - a local inn just around the corner of where she lives. Some might say she is more likely to be met at the inn than her home, but then again she is a good friend with the owner of the inn, a halfling named Tylla Redleaf, and the inn is pretty much the best place in town to catch gossip about suspected sightings of witches and witchcraft. She is a tall woman standing a good deal above 6 feet and she also carries her height with proudness and self-awareness. She is playful and loud, but not overly arrogant. She can take a good joke even if it's on her and she doesn't hesitate to throw one back. In fact she is quite witty and clever with words.

Elisabeth knows pretty much all the gossip there is to know in Port Magalie. She isn't really interested in anything not related to witches and witchery. On subjects other than those she often remembers things wrong or just doesn't remember at all but makes up something from her mind to patch the holes. As a result she is an invaluable source of information about witches but on other subject matters the information she splurts is less than reliable. There is, however, an item of interest that has caught her attention. And that is the rumors that a Plague Knight from Groam has been sighted up north. It certainly seems like a remote possibility that those dreaded servants of unspeakable terror have spread terror in the mystic lands of Gallant Coast and have advanced all the way to the borders of Witchlight Strand. Then again it might just be a false positive since the presence of a Plague Knight is usually reported only way after the plague has wrecked havoc and so far Witchlight Strand has been saved from the disease. In fact most Witchligth Strand scholars now believe that the plague itself has run it's course and is now mostly just a terrible chapter in the history books.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/adventurers/2010-11-08.jpg

Diamond
11-11-2010, 12:16 AM
I just spent the last hour+ looking through this thread and alls I can say is:

W O W ! ! !

Keep up the awesome work, 12rounds.

12rounds
11-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Thank you Diamond for your kind words.

----------------------------------------------

Name: Maria Tessa

A long time employee of Tylla Redleaf, Maria started her work as a waitress at The Wyvern's Nest only a couple of weeks after Tylla established the place quite many years ago. Maria is well liked by the regular patrons of the inn as well as the more random visitors that set their foot in there. Much of the success of The Wyvern's Nest is because of Maria's hard-working attitude and her amazing ablility to make everyone feel warm and welcome. She is socially talented and has a cunning ability to sense the mind set of the customers and adjust her demeanor accordingly. Asking Tylla about what she thinks of Maria will just result in a seemingly endless narrative on Maria regularly dotted with positive remarks. A more cynical listener might even think Tylla has the hots for Maria.

Every tuesday is a day of entertainment at the inn. Tylla regularly hires talented local people and groups to perform at the inn. Maria Tessa has a divine and smoothly soothing singing voice and she regularly performs both heart-breaking sentimental ballads and hosts more rowdy and cheery sing-a-long events. Needless to say The Wyvern's Nest is simply crowded each and every tuesday night.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/adventurers/2010-11-13.jpg

industrygothica
11-14-2010, 09:31 PM
I like that one. I could have used her back at the start of this adventure. Keep it up!

-IG

Jaxilon
11-18-2010, 07:37 PM
I haven't been in here for a while, these are great 12rounds! Makes me feel like writing an adventure myself.

12rounds
11-20-2010, 06:47 AM
Name: Cycopsilus - The XVII Plague Knight

The presence of a Plague Knight is never a good sign. First an area is ravaged by the plague leaving misery, orphaned children, terror, death and despair. Then arrive the Sect of Flagelmus - a group of self-punishing people who have survived the plague's initial onslaught on the body. Some of these grow mad, some die of self-torture, violence or self-mutilation or of infections or malnutrition. A select few return to Groam to later appear as the dreaded Plague Knights. Most Plague Knights are quite slim or even skeletal due to their ravaged and withered bodies, but fragile or weak they are not. Instead their bodies can apparently withstand much more punishment than the average human can. In fact some rumors exists that claim the Plague Knights are no longer alive, but kept in motion by some evil force or entity - like the feared powers of the necromancers of Cult of the Blackflame.

Cycopsilus leads a group of 80. They are all members of the Sect of Flagelmus and servants to Cycopsilus. The numbers flail since some die and some join the group. Cycopsilus' group has appeared seemingly out of nowhere and wrecked havoc on a small farming village some miles north of the Witchlight Strand's border. The group killed and maimed dozens of innocent victims and purposefully let some get away after polluting their bodies with the seeds of the plague.

Cycopsilus is surely on some mission, but what he is after, noone knows.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/knights/2010-11-20.jpg

Steel General
11-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Another great piece... there is a deity of plagues and such in the pantheon if you wanted him associated with some kind of religion.

12rounds
12-05-2010, 01:34 PM
This time a composite image of Cycopsilus and 4 members of the Sect of Flagelmus that accompany the Plague Knight.
------------------

The sect members are extremely resilient and the members have learned to delight and revel in the pain they both cause and withstand. They go barefoot almost all the time to feel pain and they punish their bodies in whatever ways they can think of. The sect members are all either survivors of the plague or suffering patients and carriers. The common denominator seem to be a destabilised state of mental health. Their reasoning is still intact and they are not idiotic in any way. Instead their minds have warped into a psychotic state in which they have embraced the plague as their true calling and fate. It is uncertain whether the disease is to blame on the deterioration of mental faculties or whether they have been brainwashed by someone ... or something.

Their numbers fluctuate heavily all the time since many can not take the added punishment of a wearing and debilitating disease combined with self-torture, starvation, mutilation and rampant violence they get involved in while entering new areas to ravage, burn, maim, rape, pillage, torture and kill any and all who they come in contact with. For some unknown reason, women are very rare among their ranks. Most of the sect members are human males, but the sect is not discriminating and there have been vague reports from Groam about whole groups of mostly elven or dwarven members.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/knights/2010-12-05.jpg
link to bigger sized image; above is apparently scaled down by forum software (http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/knights/2010-12-05.jpg)

Ascension
12-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Look like a bunch of punks - I could take 'em :) Heh heh.

Ghostman
12-06-2010, 04:31 AM
They look like they're on their way to a S&M convention or something :P

Redrobes
12-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Awesome ! I can just imagine the faces of players in a group... "You go around the corner and theres these guys waiting for you"... yeah !

su_liam
12-06-2010, 01:01 PM
I think you came up with a better explanation for Firefly's Reavers.
The guy with the torch is the scary one. He looks deceptively friendly.

BTW, has anybody come up with a description for what the Plague does?

12rounds
12-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Name: Maximillian Castillo

Max is a brother to Jaime Castillo, who runs a protection agency in Udynaesses. Max and Jaime shared a ship in the old days and Max was the first mate whilst Jaime helmed the vessel (him being the elder of the two). When Jaime ditched the life on the high seas and established his land-based operation, Max declined both his brother's ideas: that Max would either take command of the ship or that Max would become Jaime's full partner. Instead Max went into a personal adventuring mode and spent the coming years travelling. He had amassed quite a hefty bag of gold so he needed not worry about income whilst travelling. Still he did accept the odd job just out of curiosity or because he had made drunken promises, lost bets or because he just wanted to help someone who had provided food or shelter for him with no questions asked.

Now Maximillian is back in Udynaesses with his brother and is partly employed by Jaime's outfit and partly unemployed. He is without a doubt one of the most experienced men Jaime can rely on. Not only because Maximillian has tremendous combat skills, but also because he speaks several languages he had picked up whilst travelling and is also knowledgeable about different cultures, customs and habits. And to top that, Max has also mastered interesting useful and highly sought after skills in carpentry, horsemanship, tracking and blacksmithing. Sure, he is no master artisan, but he has more than basic understanding in each.

Unfortunately Max has some disadvantages that make him unsuited for many operations. He has great animosity towards gnomes, halflings and dwarves. Even to the degree that he is known to have sabotaged his own job just to cause harm to a dwarven client Jaime and him were helping out. He is also prone to drinking binges that render him absolutely useless for any job. While drunk, Max doesn't get violent or abusive as such, but he becomes extremely loud, impatient and exceedingly unfocused. When confronted, he always promises sobriety for a spesific mission or an upcoming job, but half the time he either shows up already unfit for duty or if sober, at a whim he may just simply stop and forget whatever he is doing and get wasted at any available joint. Jaime is very careful when using Max because he knows his own brother is a risk and a liability that needs constant management. Whenever there's a suitable mission, Jaime makes sure Max is not left unattended. Usually Jaime puts Zane in charge of Max, but sometimes he himself takes the "babysit shift".

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/warriors/2010-12-19.jpg

C'nor (Outermost Toe)
07-25-2011, 07:49 PM
If you're still taking requests, I've got some stuff that I'd like you to make:

Full Name: Tonkiir Aduay Nolos (Lesser Elf Demon)

Name: Antiasha

Description: The Antiasha are tall, with red skin and orange to yellow eyes. Their hair ranges in color from ash-grey to bone-white. They have long (6-7 foot) tails, which terminate in a small wolf-head.

There's more on them, so let me know if you want cultural details.

Also, a skeletal version would be cool too.

12rounds
05-05-2012, 03:42 AM
Name: Jarl Halvor Jaern

The second-most important person in the petty kingdom of Halgestia, Halvor only kneels to Halgestia's present king Thorsten Jaern - Halvor's cousin. The family of Jaern wields the most might in the small kingdom, but the kingdom's relative geographical isolation has made it's impact on the whole loose alliance of the Skolvendun kingdoms unimportant. On the other hand the area slumbers in relative safety - a proof of how hard it is to conquer is that the Jaern family has been keeping the power in their hands for 250 years and counting. The only important trade routes are through waterways although some rare merchants dare their lives using narrow mountain passes. Mostly these are merchants whose houses have little or no influence in the cities of Kelrani and Halgest and are thus forced to run their operation land-bound.

Jarl Jaern is the fifth ruler of the city of Arborea since it's erection about 150 years ago. Life is harsh in the area and the huge Halgestian forest holds many unspeakably dark secrets within it, but nevertheless Arborea itself has not been succumbed to the ravages of actual war. Sure there have been skirmishes between humans and some lesser orc tribes who penetrate the area regularly from the mountains when the winters make the mountainous regions uninhabitable even to them. The famine-stricken orc attacks, however, are no match to the city's defenses and it's location on top of a hill make it easy to defend from brute force attacks.

Jarl Jaern and his family is well respected among the peasants in small forest villages and among the population of the city itself. Much of this respect comes through Halvor's just heart and kindness as well as his adamantine will power. His stance (him being a formidable 6'6" in height and packing some serious muscles underneath his no-nonsense garments), demeanor and intense stare is enough to end many a disagreement. In general the people in the Skolvendunian kingdoms don't give a rat's ass to lines of heritage but instead eagerly accept even the lowliest peasant's daughter to lead should she prove herself worthy. Halvor has seen his fair share of violence and bloodshed and has lead many small campaigns against the innate threats of Halgestia and the dangerous mountains to the south and east. Many of these have been pre-emptive measures that would destroy potential threats before they become actual threats against Halgestia or Arborea.

Generally regarded as just and reasonable, Jarl Halvor Jaern enjoys the trust of his people. His control of land masses cover almost half of what Halgestia is comprised of - although again half of this is very dangerous and almost impenetrable ancient forests and equally harsh mountainous areas. The population of Arborea is not numerous and Halvor is not eager to increase the population either. In fact to live in the city for over a season, a person needs to prove himself/herself worthy by excelling in some talent or profession or by doing something that benefits the city. The duty of selecting inhabitants is a responsible one and falls under a jury of three Arboreans - positions that are volatile at best and appointed by Halvor to accomplished persons who ask for it. No one is expected to stay in this jury for long. But the existence of this jury and Halvor's strong support to keep "unworthy" people out of the city is met with some anger and resentment since this tradition has a tendency to deny citizenship from elderly people and small children alike.

Jarl Jaern is not involved in the politics of Halgestia and has shown no interest in what happens in the cities Kelrani and Halgest. This is not being taken kindly by the more powerful lords in those cities who are thinking that Jarl Jaern is trying to cut Halgestia into half by establishing his own kingdom. To lessen the worries of those lords, Halvor has appointed his eldest son as liaison to the king - his cousin - and for now it has been enough to cast away suspicions.

###PIC###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/warriors/2012-05-04.jpg

12rounds
05-12-2012, 06:54 AM
Name: Sir Marmol Havil

One of the only true towns in the highlands, Motherhallow is also the most notorious. Not so because it has a corrupt regime, but more so because of the short life expentancy of strangers. Sir Havil is the de facto leader of the town's warrior presence because of his status as the Headmaster of the "Mercenaries Guild of Motherhallow". The guild is regularly being used by the town regime to restore peace in the area and also to make life more difficult for the political enemies of whoever it is who is paying. The town has a smallish military force of it's own, but the leadership between "Town Guardsmen", "Motherhallow's Might" and "Alder's Templars" is torn between different factions and a constant political battle is being fought among the leaders of the town. To make matters worse, no exact mandate is being forced upon the military factions and so there's also a constant ****ing match on whose authority is the biggest concerning the peace of the town, peace in the country side and allegiances to the crown.

Sir Havil just picks the most lucrative offers being presented to the mercenaries, does whatever is being asked from him and shares the wealth gained between the mercenaries taking part. As a result, a membership in the guild is highly sought after and granted only after arduous testing of the applicant. The guild has a huge and well protected guild mansion at the edge of the town facing the lake and a gradual shift of power has been taking place in the recent years - a shift from the town rulers towards the guild. Rumors speculate that Sir Havil is in actuality planning to eventually take over the whole area and dispose of the current feeding hands of the corrupt regime.

The town is unlawful, rowdy, filthy and a generally dangerous place to be. A big contrast to the Alder's Temple not far north that is a place of immense serenity, peace and enlightenment. The "Alder's Templars" is a group of dissidents that have been forced out of the temple and is now using the temples name to mock it. The group is not particularly strong, but it has a devout following. it has been rumored that the group is involved in strange rituals and the townsfolk have been growing increasingly suspicious on what exactly the group is after.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/images/warriors/2012-05-12.jpg

Steel General
05-12-2012, 02:09 PM
More fine stuff here 12Rounds...good to see you back.

12rounds
05-18-2012, 03:38 AM
Thanks, SG.

----------------------------------------------

Name: Miranda Lef
Location: Port Magalie (http://www.cartographersguild.com/album.php?albumid=79&attachmentid=20699), Witchlight Strand (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?1884-Region-1-Map-25-The-Witchlight-Strand&highlight=witchlight+strand)

Although the practitioning of magical arts is frowned upon in many countries and feared upon in many rural communities, Witchlight Strand has a more liberal standing on the issue. Perhaps it's due to the fact that the area houses many elven tribes who see magic only as an extension to nature's might and thus have a long history of practitioning. Miranda Lef currently lives in Port Magalie and she has become known as a promising enchantress. She lives in the center of the city with her house situated on a cliff facing the dock ward and the river. She lives by herself in a rather spacious cabin that now also serves as her shop "Miranda's Majicks" - a recent effort for her to establish a better income by publicly providing enchanting services.

Miranda specializes in items easing the life of travelers such as long-burning candles, special torches, magical sticks with which to start fires, salves to ease pain and such. She hasn't got a huge array of items available at any given time, but instead she has cultivated a clientele who order things from her and collect them once finished. Sometimes these clients don't show up and so Miranda has accumulated a small array of items on her shelves waiting for potential buyers.

Miranda is kind and good-spirited in nature, but she has a bit of a temper. Although she isn't very competent in matters economic, her little shoppe is providing enough for her to make a decent living. Much of her extra money goes to new clothing items and jewelry - both of which she has amassed by the coffins in her home. An outgoing, liberally thinking and actively social woman Miranda has still not yet found herself her soul-mate with whom to share her life with. Although she isn't in any way a practitioner of witchcraft, her status as a single woman meddling with magic has raised an occasional whispered sentiment of resentment and suspicion. Good for her that witches are not actively pursued and burned in Witchlight Strand!

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/img/mages/2012-02-09.jpg

Redrobes
05-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Ohh nice. And good to see you back in town :) I gotta run the Kimmo script again and generate the latest thumbs for your sig link !

12rounds
05-19-2012, 06:12 AM
Name: Hym Grog
Race: Orc
Location: Bloodspires, Witchlight Strand (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?1884-Region-1-Map-25-The-Witchlight-Strand&highlight=witchlight+strand)

One helluva conniving and deceitful bitch, Hym Grog is also exceptionally successful in making any orc male do her bidding. She is known to wrap men around her little finger, squeeze hard and when no gain can no longer be had, she dumps the poor fella and moves to a new mark. She uses her exceptional beauty to her advantage and most orcish men (and indeed some gnolls and goblins too!) just can't resist her like she's some kind of a land bound mermaid.

Her reputation is now well known in the whole of Bloodspires, but nevertheless she continues her scheming and conniving because most of the orcish men are ignorant and too self-absorbed in thinking that THEY are immune to her tricks even if all the others are not. Hym has 3 children, 2 of whom are bastard sons of major orc chieftains (Chieftain Grom and Chieftain Arrog). Hym is not exactly a motherly type and her children are being raised by their grandmother - mother of Hym.

Miss Grog is a competent combatant and utterly merciless when it comes to fighting. Some orcish men have defeated her, shown mercy to a downed, bleeding and injured woman, turned their backs for a victorious growl and then experience the pain of getting stabbed in the back. Repeatedly. This fierceness, though, is just an afrodisiac to most orcish men!

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/img/demihumans/2012-05-18.jpg

xoxos
05-19-2012, 12:57 PM
recently had a thought that tolkien actually got the word orc by dropping the d (all that olde english stuff is a bluff).

so my current world is populated instead by dorcs, a race of destructive imbeciles who believe in the principle of strength (and rightness) in numbers and are, unfortunately, appalingly well organised (albeit comical to observe at a distance).

gave them hairless q-tip shaped heads, round, dull looking features, round black golfball sized eyes, overbites, stooped and lax postures, and decidedly inbred lookin features, waxy white skin like somethnig you'd find under a rock or behind a computer.

12rounds
05-20-2012, 06:19 AM
Name: Lord Donaldin Emerov
Location: Kwourin (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?1859-Region-1-Map-13-Town-01-Kwourin&highlight=kwourin), Groam (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?1774-Region-1-Map-13-Groam-By-Torq&highlight=groam)

Once a potent and renowned healer researching the plague, Donaldin began to shift his research into other areas. He was the leader of Kwourin's famous infirmary for a while and during that time it is suspected that Donaldin made horribly unspeakable experiments with the populace of the hospital. First he chose people that were already in the verge of death, but later he was not that picky anymore. He was arrested by The Grey Watch after enough suspicion had risen, but it was a time of turmoil and while most of the inhabitants of the doomed city packed their packs and left, Donaldin was left unattended in the dungeon under The Shackled Fortress - once a bustling fort from where The Grey Watch coordinated their efforts. It is unknown how Donaldin survived, but it was probably weeks or months later when the local orc militia was formed and took control of the fortress. Donaldin was freed by the orc commander Mergog - a former slave - who did not know why Donaldin was left behind.

Since that day Donaldin has been in charge of the town. He is not really interested in running a town, but instead lets the orcs to whatever they wish. In the beginning some orcs protested against Donaldin's position, but Donaldin annihilated the orcs by engulfing them in an eerie purple-black magical flame-like substance that devoured the poor creatures in public. Since then, Donaldin has been left unchallenged. He takes what he needs without asking and the orcs running the town provide what Donaldin asks from them. Most of the time Donaldin is nigh invisible to the orcs and townsfolk in general because he may spend weeks locked up in a tower or dungeon in the fortress doing his research. The occasional missing people from the town has been linked to Donaldin, but no proof exists and nobody dares front the man anyway.

Lord Emerov is a powerful sorcerer of the Cult of The Black Flame. He is no longer interested in matters mundane and devotes his time solely on the art of the deepest black magic. It is rumored that he has stopped aging long since. Donaldin spends some time away from Kwourin each year and it is not uncommon that he has cult sorcerers visiting him. Nothing is known about the visits, but it is most probable that Donaldin is receiving tutorage or giving it. The orc militia - now headed by Murg (youngest son of Mergog) is totally under Dondaldin's control and they act as the eyes and ears of the sorcerer.

### PIC ###
http://chardepot.pp.fi/img/mages/2012-05-21.jpg

Steel General
05-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Ooohhh!! I really like this one.

Tyackt
11-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Do you by any chance do Aliens?

12rounds
11-08-2012, 05:06 AM
Tyackt, no not really. Except if you consider Cthulhu Mythos creatures as "aliens". Recent work has been zombies and survivors of zombie infestation, some t-shirt designs and some characters/monsters for steampunk environment.

12rounds
12-07-2012, 03:52 AM
Unfortunately my ISP is killing the server from which the illustrations are linked to this thread. Most of them are already gone and the server is due to be shut down next Wednesday.
It is too cumbersome to try updating the thread so I will just let it die. Sadly the CWBP wiki has been dead for couple of years now. It has been tedious to the extreme to update the character related stories in this thread as they can not be conveniently cross-linked to each other and a forum thread is not really a fluent way to continue expanding this thing.

So. I opened a blog site devoted to these characters, created a consistent continent (named Cresia) for the countries, cities and people and will continue developing this much further. Some characters in this thread are not appropriate so they will not get their own page/story and are deemed to slide into obscurity and some will be heavily altered. I'll update the blog at a leisurely pace and adding also many that have never been published here (or anywhere) as well as adding new ones. The place is called: Uninvisited Isle (http://uninvisitedisle.wordpress.com/).