PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone draw me a symbol...

Kuraru
10-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'll post it anyway.

I need someone to draw a symbol from 150x150 pixels to 200x200 pixels in size. It needs to be a simple, black symbol, but not pixellated. The image is a clock with the hands close to midnight. The clock has roman numerals or just lines on it in place of normal numbers. Around the clock are two thorned vines/rose stalks. Above the clock there is a circle, with another, smaller circle above that.

Attached to this post is a very small version of what I want. Can anyone do this for me please?

loogie
10-13-2008, 11:45 AM
working on a quick one, i should be able to post it soon :)

loogie
10-13-2008, 12:00 PM
here ya go man, just a quick doodle using the pen tool, some fx, and slightly skewed to make it look like its slightly from the top like your other...

loogie
10-13-2008, 12:03 PM
if you want the foreward facing version let me know

Kuraru
10-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Erm, it's meant to be a simple, all-black image, made up entirely of lines of similar thickness. What I'm really looking for is just my little image, scaled up and cleaned up, no added extras like rose flowers or little suns on the circles.

loogie
10-13-2008, 08:04 PM
ah, sorry sorry, lets see what i can drum up

loogie
10-13-2008, 08:43 PM
maybe that'll teach me to read :)

Kuraru
10-14-2008, 05:11 AM
Oooo! Almost perfect, only three things that I'd like changing [and only one that needs to change].

First, the hands are the wrong way around, it's meant to be 5 to midnight, no 11 o'clock. That's the only thing that needs changing, the other two points are merely aesthetic things that I think would make it look better. The circles [the two above the clock and the clock itself] are a bit thicker than I'd like them, and I'd like the two thorny vines to cross over at the bottom.

Apart from that it's absolutely dead on!

loogie
10-14-2008, 09:24 AM
here ya go hope everythings right here :P (i'm glad i saved the psd just in case :P)

Kuraru
10-14-2008, 09:30 AM
YES! PERFECT!

How did you make it, btw?

Redrobes
10-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Its a very specific icon, whats the story with it ?

Kuraru
10-14-2008, 12:51 PM

No story, just thought it looked cool. The only part of the symbol I can actually explain is the clock, since it's meant to be the symbol of an organisation that has the capability to travel through time, space and into alternate timestreams.

Edit: Link to the map I needed this for:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showpost.php?p=34845&postcount=17

loogie
10-14-2008, 03:22 PM
photoshop. started with vectors, making some circles and using stroke path to get get whats there (changing the brush to get the thinner ones...) for the clock its some text, (copperplate or something like that) and some little pen drawn triangles, rotated and filled with black. The vines were the harder part... i drew em by hand, cause a lot of the simpler methods didn't work all that well... i have a tablet which helped making it smooth and such... for the thorns, i used the good old trick, instead of using pen pressure for the size, i switched it to fade, and set the size to 10-15, with a brush size of 4-5 it makes a simple thorn, just drew them in by hand randomly.

NeonKnight
10-14-2008, 03:30 PM

Very similar to the WATCHMEN's DOOMS DAY CLOCK:

Google-Fu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen#Doomsday_clock)

Steel General
10-14-2008, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=NeonKnight;34877]Very similar to the WATCHMEN's DOOMS DAY CLOCK:

<THREADJACK>
Watchmen - what a great story. I bought the graphic novel.
</THREADJACK>

Kuraru
10-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Very similar to the WATCHMEN's DOOMS DAY CLOCK:

Google-Fu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen#Doomsday_clock)

Not really, the hands being close to midnight is based off the doomsday clock, but the rest of the symbol is in no way inspired by it. And none of it is inspired by the Watchmen.

NeonKnight
10-14-2008, 08:24 PM
I meant no offense.

I was simply stating what the visualization reminded me of.

Without knowing your back story, i simply stated what the image of a clock 5 minutes to midnight reminds me of.