PDA

View Full Version : Hello, from North Carolina

CC_JAR
10-22-2008, 02:05 PM
I just found this site from a link on *evilarcana's DA profile.

I have always loved making maps of the fantasy worlds inside my head, and have often made drawn maps for short stories that friends and I have wrote.

I have little experience, though I hope maybe I can become a better cartographer with your help.

Steel General
10-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Absinth
10-22-2008, 03:18 PM
You found the right place, CC Jar! I only discovered the site myself last weekend and I'm so glad I did! There are fantastic maps and great tutorials here! I guess there's no better place to improve your map-making skills in the www!

jfrazierjr
10-22-2008, 05:06 PM
I just found this site from a link on *evilarcana's DA profile.

I have always loved making maps of the fantasy worlds inside my head, and have often made drawn maps for short stories that friends and I have wrote.

I have little experience, though I hope maybe I can become a better cartographer with your help.

Welcome CC Jar! What part of NC you from? I live right outside of Raleigh.

Anywhoo.... have you gotten into digital mapmaking yet? If so, what software? If you have not chosen anything, and are short on cash, I suggest GIMP with Inkscape as a backup. Also, if you have any maps, please post them up in new threads as soon time permits.

NeonKnight
10-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

As a noob, you have been repped and your blue pip of shame replaced with a nice green pip :D

CC_JAR
10-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Welcome CC Jar! What part of NC you from? I live right outside of Raleigh.

Anywhoo.... have you gotten into digital mapmaking yet? If so, what software? If you have not chosen anything, and are short on cash, I suggest GIMP with Inkscape as a backup. Also, if you have any maps, please post them up in new threads as soon time permits.

Actually, I dont have many skills with digital map-making, most of mine start out hand drawn, but unfortunately, I dont have a scanner.

as for programs, I have PS CS3

And I'm on the other side of Hickory, but not past asheville. A rather small town called Morganton.

CC_JAR
10-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

As a noob, you have been repped and your blue pip of shame replaced with a nice green pip :D

Why thank you. I shall return the favor.. and add to your impressive rep.

Turgenev
10-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the Guild, CC_JAR.

ravells
10-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Welcome here, CC Jar. Looking forward to seeing your creations!