PDA

View Full Version : Dunwich, Massachusetts & Environs

arkham618
10-22-2008, 11:42 PM
A map created for Shadows of Cthulhu (http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=product&o%5Bp_id%5D=384), a True20 (http://true20.com/) adaptation of Lovecraft's mythos. The fictional village of Dunwich, Massachusetts.

Done entirely in Photoshop, it was actually my first attempt at a purely digital map.

Redrobes
10-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Thats just great ! Well done. That quality there is much higher than your rep so ill try to fix that with my little ole staff of repping...

Bonk...

There.

arkham618
10-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Thats just great ! Well done. That quality there is much higher than your rep so ill try to fix that with my little ole staff of repping...

Bonk...

There.

Thank you very much! I'm still new here, so my rep is commensurate with my presence on these forums. I hope to increase it as I post more of my work, of course.

Redrobes
10-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Ahh, but you have a very high rep to post ratio ;)

torstan
10-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Nice map. I'm curious as to what the light band on the south edge of the road is?

Repped!

Steel General
10-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Great first post!

My only critique (if you can call it that), is that the black buildings are a bit difficult to see. But that might just be me, I'm old and my eyes are failing :D.

I dub thee newly repped! *bonk*

arkham618
10-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Nice map. I'm curious as to what the light band on the south edge of the road is?

Repped!

I placed a pillow emboss on the roads to create the hint of a berm.

arkham618
10-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Great first post!

My only critique (if you can call it that), is that the black buildings are a bit difficult to see. But that might just be me, I'm old and my eyes are failing :D.

I dub thee newly repped! *bonk*

Yes, they're a bit tiny. I had made them bigger, but then I realized that, by the scale that had been set by the author (the map was drawn to specs to match the content of the text), ordinary farmhouses and such were clocking in at several hundred feet in length. So I reduced them, with the result that most of the structures shrank to little blotches. It's not ideal, but it worked within the constraints I was given.

titou01200
06-09-2013, 02:00 AM
very good thank you