PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Stenwulf
10-27-2008, 07:41 AM
Hey I'm Stenwulf. I'm a DM for my group of friends, we play DnD on a weekly basis and since I'm the DM I'm the one who's responsible for getting the maps. I started out using maps other people made and now I'd like to take a swing at making some of my own so here i am.:)

I look forward to working with everyone here so with that is my post.

Jkaen
10-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Hi there, look forward to seeing some maps from you

Steel General
10-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Welcome Aboard!

What software do you plan on using?

joćo paulo
10-27-2008, 09:54 AM
welcome to the guild

Bem vindo ao guia

jfrazierjr
10-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Hey I'm Stenwulf. I'm a DM for my group of friends, we play DnD on a weekly basis and since I'm the DM I'm the one who's responsible for getting the maps. I started out using maps other people made and now I'd like to take a swing at making some of my own so here i am.:)

I look forward to working with everyone here so with that is my post.

Welcome to the Guild. Do you have anything specific in mind? I would highly suggest GIMP since it's free and for Dungeon maps, RobA has created an excellent script that will generate a nice starter dungeon from a black/white negative image. You could also get Dundjinni, Fractal Mapper, or Campaign Cartography + Dungeon Designer, which are all paid software. The Dundjinni forums are an excellent resources for furniture/plants/etc to stock dungeons and towns.

NeonKnight
10-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

ravells
10-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Welcome here, Stenwolf! Time to improve those D&D games with some fiendish maps!