PDA

View Full Version : Greetings All

Map Vandal
10-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Hello everyone,

I stumbled upon this website a few months back and have lurked around for a while. I just now saw the member introductions section and thought I would introduce myself.

I have been making maps of dungeons, cities, countries, and worlds for 24 years for my various role playing adventures, but I never really attempted to take the time to make anything in an artistic manner until recently. All of my maps have been purely functional and therefore not much to look at.

This was my first attempt at an artistic hand-drawn map that I created a few years back. (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showpost.php?p=36596&postcount=10) Recently, I have started using Paint Shop Pro to do some stuff on the computer. I am extremely grateful for all the tutorials and advice found within the threads of this forum.

I have found so much inspiration from viewing the beautiful maps found here as well.

Gamerprinter
10-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Those are reallly great mountains, excellent really - I gave you REP!

For someone who never created an "artistic" map before, this was a tremedous attempt achieving artisitic. Great job, others looking for a unique mountain style should give this a try.

GP

StillCypher
10-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Those are definitely some very nice mountains...

NeonKnight
10-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Welcome to the Guild

Map Vandal
10-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Those are reallly great mountains, excellent really - I gave you REP!

For someone who never created an "artistic" map before, this was a tremedous attempt achieving artisitic. Great job, others looking for a unique mountain style should give this a try.

GP

Those are definitely some very nice mountains...

Thank you both for the great comments.

RobA
10-28-2008, 04:01 PM
That is a really nice map!

One request... Could you save them as either a jpeg or png for uploading?

Thanks,

-Rob A>

Steel General
10-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Great first post! Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Ascension
10-28-2008, 04:50 PM
I'd hate to have to climb those things, yowza. The mountains are outstanding.

jfrazierjr
10-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Agreed with everyone else.... great mountains.

Map Vandal
10-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks again guys. I really appreciate the nice comments.

That is a really nice map!

One request... Could you save them as either a jpeg or png for uploading?

Thanks,

-Rob A>

Here it is as a jpeg. I tried editing the original post and removing the bmp, but I couldn't get rid of the file.

ravells
10-28-2008, 05:57 PM
This is really weird. When I tried opening the bmp in a new window, firefox had a fit and started opening up a ton of new tabs. I just tried to edit your post to delete the bmp and substitute the jpeg, but the bmp doesn't show up as an attachment. I think that this might be a job for Administrator-Man (aka Arcana).

Very nice mountains btw!

RobA
10-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Map Vandal - the remove button in the managed attachments should have worked.

Anyway I removed the bmp and linked the reference to this last post with the jpg. Hope that is OK.

-Rob A>

ravells
10-28-2008, 06:01 PM
LOL! That's why I couldn't see it! Thanks Rob!

Map Vandal
10-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Map Vandal - the remove button in the managed attachments should have worked.

Anyway I removed the bmp and linked the reference to this last post with the jpg. Hope that is OK.

-Rob A>

Thank you. That works great.