PDA

View Full Version : Hello community

Irion Schattenjäger
11-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi Community,

I am a new member from Germany and still pupil, so I don´t speak english very well. I hope you will apologize mistakes. :) My map making program is Campaign Cartographer 3, but I´ve got Autorealm too. Yesterday I begin to make my first map. But I hope there are tutorials to help me, do You know some?
The maps I will make are for a Pen&Paper RPG, in german "Das Schwarze Auge and in english "The Dark Eye".
With best Regards
Irion

Gamerprinter
11-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Welcome, Irion!

I dabble with CC3, but I know that you must read that little "READ ME FIRST" guide that came with CC3, it makes you're initial grasp of the application much easier.

We have a few CC3 tutorials here, but only a few. The best advice I'd say is to start creating something then post in the appropriate WIP Forum. No matter how bad you think it looks, just post it. Let the experts here critique your map and give you some solid direction on what to do next.

So just read up on some tutorials and make a stab at your first map and post here for critiques and comments.

Welcome to the Guild!

GP

ravells
11-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Welcome to the Guild, Irion. GP's advice is the same that I'd give. I've never used autorealm, so can't really comment about that software. Looking forward to seeing your maps.

jfrazierjr
11-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Welcome to the Guild Irion! Start posting up some maps, and don't be afraid to post up your works in progress either.

Steel General
11-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
11-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

I hereby Banish your BLUE PIP 'o' SHAME and give you a nice new shiny GREEN PIP

Redrobes
11-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi Irion, if you look in my signature for "Forum Keyword Index" then there are loads of CC3 threads and tutorials.

Welcome.

Irion Schattenjäger
11-03-2008, 10:09 AM
That is impossible!!! I updated Campaign Cartographer 3 and after the Update the Map ,I made, was missing. 6hours work was for nothing. But I think things happens. So I have to begin new.

jfrazierjr
11-03-2008, 10:17 AM
That is impossible!!! I updated Campaign Cartographer 3 and after the Update the Map ,I made, was missing. 6hours work was for nothing. But I think things happens. So I have to begin new.

Sorry about that..... Learn ye the save multiple files technique post haste....

NeonKnight
11-03-2008, 11:49 AM

Did you ensure you have the AutoSave engaged?

If so, look in the Main CC3 Folder for a map file called Autosave. That should be your map.

Irion Schattenjäger
11-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Yes, but I wanted to finish mountains and after that i wanted to save. It would have been better to save, you can see.

NeonKnight
11-03-2008, 02:24 PM
True, but the default for the Autosave is every 5 minutes I believe. So, unless you shut it off, you would not have lost 5 hours of work, but only 5 minutes of work ;)

If like me you hate getting the alert to save every 5 minutes, you can disable it and make it autosave.

Irion Schattenjäger
11-03-2008, 04:42 PM
For the next time I will heed your´s advice;)
I think it was a nice lesson for me.
By the way, I work on the new map 2h today and hope to have time to work tomorrow the same time or more longer.