PDA

View Full Version : November Entry: The Great Expedition

jfrazierjr
11-04-2008, 01:32 PM
This is a place holder. I normally would not do something like this, but I thought of something totally whimsical and nonsensical and since my brain tends to work that way... I am going to give it a go. The below image more than likely has nothing to do with the final output except that this is a planet and the final image (if I complete) will contain one or more planets. I don't want to say to much until I get a bit further along, so for now, that's all you get. Oh, one more hint...there might be gnomes involved...

### LATEST WIP ###

Ascension
11-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Ooo a Gnome-Star, cool!

Steel General
11-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Or maybe a Dyson Sphere (I think that's what they are called), built by Gnomes.

jfrazierjr
11-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Or.... you could read the thread title and think of what that might have to do with a map...

bryguy
11-05-2008, 12:07 AM
hmmm.... gnomes have been driven off the earth and have squeezed into spaceships and are looking for a new place to live but without a map and without any control of their spaceship??? :D

Karro
11-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Or.... you could read the thread title and think of what that might have to do with a map...

My bet: Roaming Gnomes.

Or... Roaming Space Gnomes...

Complete with photos of lawn gnomes from exotic places across the galaxy.

jfrazierjr
11-05-2008, 12:49 PM

Errr... i could get truly demented and bring up the Miniature Giant Space Hamsters... but I won't do that.....yet...

jfrazierjr
11-05-2008, 12:50 PM

Heh... now I have a Muppets Flashback.... Gnnooooommmess innnnnn Spppaaaaacccccce

Karro
11-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Heh... now I have a Muppets Flashback.... Gnnooooommmess innnnnn Spppaaaaacccccce

And hilarity ensues...

(I note you haven't said I'm wrong ;) )

jfrazierjr
11-05-2008, 02:17 PM
And hilarity ensues...

(I note you haven't said I'm wrong ;) )

Well, I promise you there will be no inanimate statues or travel agency commercials in my entry.

Beyond that... I can't promise anything....

Karro
11-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Well, I promise you there will be no inanimate statues or travel agency commercials in my entry.

Beyond that... I can't promise anything....

:(

Spacetravelocity... Never Roam (IIIINNNN SPAAAACCCEEEE) Alone.

Oh well, I was so close, too. ;)

mmmmmpig
11-20-2008, 02:40 PM
any updates for us? we are curious

jfrazierjr
11-20-2008, 07:14 PM
any updates for us? we are curious

Thanks for the interest mmmmmpig.. Unfortunately, I have to bail out of this one. 2 weeks worth of 10-12 hour days at work being behind on project schedules because of the target vendor(software data exchange) not having their act together...

Anyway, my idea was along the lines of Dragonlances Tinker Gnomes who were petitioning their Gnome king (this would all be on the map) for a charter to take an expedition to another planet for mining purposes. Of course, being rather odd "scientists", they would have some hair brained ideas about how to get there, including needing 400000 coils of rope to "facilitate" comminication between gorund and the "space ship".

I am not really much in the space mapping, but this notion just tickled my funny bone...

In any event, I won't be able to get this completed in time for the compitition to be closed :(