PDA

View Full Version : November Entry: Sparre Leg, Brendle Galaxy

Bohunk
11-07-2008, 10:02 AM
I saw this challenge and thought it might be fun. I still have alot of details to put in, but I began to like the look of it so I decided to actually enter the challenge this time. This is my first space map so be gentle.

ravells
11-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Where is the Dagobah system????

Lovely idea and execution Bohunk. The shape reminds me a bit of those diagrams showing the stages of births to deaths of stars.

Redrobes
11-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Thats really good. I am glad to see this is its the first one even remotely like what I am planning to do. I thought I might have the wrong idea about this map.

Its very well done - what did you use to do it. Any scripting or all by hand ?

Bohunk
11-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Where is the Dagobah system????

Lovely idea and execution Bohunk. The shape reminds me a bit of those diagrams showing the stages of births to deaths of stars.

Thanks, it reminds me of some of the hubble pics.

Thats really good. I am glad to see this is its the first one even remotely like what I am planning to do. I thought I might have the wrong idea about this map.

Its very well done - what did you use to do it. Any scripting or all by hand ?

Thanks, the stars were add noise with some brightness and contrast and the clouds were difference clouds with some color.

Bohunk
11-08-2008, 08:47 PM
New update. I think its done, but I keep looking at it thinking its not, but I do that with all my maps. If anyone has any idea's let me know. I decided to make a computer screen from a distant future. I guess I could add comets, astroids, black holes etc. We'll see.

Steel General
11-08-2008, 11:14 PM
Great job Bohunk - this is going to be another tough vote.

NeonKnight
11-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Jeebus!!!!

ravells
11-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Outstanding!!!

Korrigan
11-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Great ! It's not your first try at space maps, is it ?

mmmmmpig
11-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Holy Naming Conventions, Batman! This is really extremely well put together. One suggestion: The selected planet needs to be more prominent on the page beyond just highlighting the text in green. I think the point should be larger and green as well.

Other than that this is seriously top-notch.

Bohunk
11-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys. This map was something completely differrent and I enjoyed putting it together. After looking at all the maps entered in the contest, I clearly have a lot of learning to do! You guys are good.