PDA

View Full Version : November Entry : Hyper-Space Curve Calculator

Korrigan
11-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey... This is a place holder for now, but I have a message from Bill Gates for you :-D

Robbie
11-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Next month's challenge theme is definitely going to be "placeholders"

joćo paulo
11-08-2008, 12:44 PM
_____________________:compass:I'll make one of these for me t:):):compass:________________________

Korrigan
11-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi there ! I'm here to present you the new device from Personal Space Technologies Inc. : THE HYPER-SPACE CURVE CALCULATOR.

No need to be in the army anymore to go HYPER !

The exemple below shows you the flight map from Rigil Kentaurus to Kentaurus Gamma. This flight would have needed six month with older technologies. HSCC allows you to make it within less than 4 DAYS !

Starting HYPER Kit inclues Microsoft HSCurve and DangerFinder !

ONLY $1895.99 !

Order now on http://www.pstech.earth !

*This device requires an HYPERReady Personnal Shuttle*

Korrigan
11-08-2008, 03:38 PM
One layer had to be on top of the image... This one is correct ;-)

Bohunk
11-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I like the idea. I just hope we could get a little better resolution when we are flying through hyperspace! Well done and very fun!

mmmmmpig
11-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Sweet Jebus! I hope we aren't still dealing with Windows by the time we need a Hyper Space Curve Calculator!

The image is great and the map is nice, but the clipped picture of the pen doesn't fit the style. I suggest you drawing the pen using the same techniques you used for the tablet. I think that would unify the image a bit more, as it is the pen kind of sticks out as something "real" pasted onto a bunch of stuff that is "unreal."

Korrigan
11-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks for your comments. Added the new pen, which was made with illustrator and then embossed with PS. Tell me what you think of it.

ravells
11-21-2008, 11:55 AM
No chance of having a couple of buttons on the tablet?

NeonKnight
11-21-2008, 11:59 AM
You don't need no stinking buttons!

Afterall, my GPS unit has no buttons (aside from the On/Off button), the iPhone has no buttons, etc.

But I do agree in part with RAVS, even those devices still have on screen buttons to access menus, Zoom/UnZoom, etc...

mmmmmpig
11-21-2008, 12:06 PM
I like it much more with the new pen. great work!

RobA
11-21-2008, 12:09 PM
No chance of having a couple of buttons on the tablet?

Here is a tut (http://www.lyzrdstomp.com/tutorial_keypad/) if you are interested.

-Rob A>

Korrigan
11-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Last modifications before deadline...

Added a on/off button made using the tut RobA linked to, a menu bar at the top of the screen, and a zoom tool at the bottom... Think it fits pretty well !

Korrigan
11-24-2008, 12:17 PM
...and forgot to post the pic ^^

Here it is !

###Latest WIP###

NeonKnight
11-24-2008, 12:59 PM
I like!

I also like that in the future they are still using a Window's 98 Operating system. Wonder how many hyperspace collisions happened because it crashed :P

ravells
11-24-2008, 04:07 PM
This is looking really beautiful, I love the button and the Lyzard Stomp website Rob linked taught me more about photoshop than anything before or since. But just two small crits - the light source on the tablet and pen is coming from the opposite direction to that of the bevel on the tablet. Should be pretty easy to fix. The other one (which is very small - in fact one pixel small - is that you have a tiny amount of white fringe between the tablet and the screen, also should be easy to get rid of.

Beautiful entry. I love it. I feel that I can just pick up the tablet and start using it.