PDA

View Full Version : My first map for public consumption

arrowhen
11-10-2008, 11:17 PM
I've always loved drawing maps, but since they were always meant for my own reference (for D&D campaigns and the like), I was always more interested in making them functional than "pretty".

This is the first time I've worked on a map that I intended other people to actually look at -- some friends and I just started a little online collaborative writing/freeform RPG project and I volunteered to handle mapping duty.

This is very much a WIP; since we're doing most of our worldbuilding on the fly, I'll be adding features to the map as people invent them in their story posts.

Ascension
11-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Pretty nice. I especially like the color scheme. The fonts work pretty well too. Nothing I would change so I grant thee a "Nice Job".

Gamerprinter
11-11-2008, 01:14 AM
Nice first post - welcome to the Guild! (unless you've been a lurker) :P

Posting a map with your first post is always a very cool thing, and nice job too. I'm in agreeance with Ascension all the way! Have some REP.

GP

Steel General
11-11-2008, 06:50 AM
I'll throw in my agreement with Ascension & GP - nice job and a first post with a map always deserves a little thrashing with my cudgel of repping.

I dub thee newly repped *bonk*

joćo paulo
11-11-2008, 07:21 AM
It seems a lotr map for me, I liked a lot.

deserves some prestige(REP+)

jezelf
11-11-2008, 07:43 AM
Looking good! nice colour scheme. welcome to the guild.

thanks for showing. looking forward to seeing more!

jez.

landorl
11-11-2008, 10:39 AM
This is a very good looking map. I like the simplicity in design, and the overall color scheme and style. Keep it up!

RobA
11-11-2008, 01:05 PM
I also like the colour scheme and the font choice. The label on the hills is a bit small for my old eyes to read, though...

-Rob A>

CC_JAR
11-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Awesome, functionality over design, yet still looks nice! I'ld like to see it progress, so whenever you add more to it, be sure to keep us updated!

Rep+

arrowhen
11-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Thank you for the kind words, everyone. I'll be sure to keep updating as new stuff gets added.

torstan
11-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Simple and clean - nice map.