PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

subsurferus
11-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Just found this place and found it to have tons of great info. Thought I should register and join the community. I have been Game Mastering DnD and WoD for about 7 yrs now, and as far, all my maps are boxes and stick figures. :) I would love to learn how to make beautiful maps like I have seen here and will see how far I can go.

Gamerprinter
11-12-2008, 12:49 AM
So how do you create maps, hand-drawn, I'm guessing. Have you thought of using software - there are some great free applications like GIMP that could be the right tool to try out. There's a large community support here for it. Lots of options. Or you could stick with hand-drawing.

Come up with something, post a crude map and we'll take a look, give you some directions and watch you improve. We're sort of an academy for fantasy mapping here, but you have to start somewhere. ;)

Welcome to the Guild!

GP

Steel General
11-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Welcome Aboard!

subsurferus
11-12-2008, 09:38 AM
I have done some hand drawn and I have one that I made using AutoRealm. A friend of mine has CC2 and I have dabbled with it a bit. I will work this weekend in getting something put together and post it for all to see.

NeonKnight
11-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

I hereby banish your BLUE PIP 'o' SHAME!

Now, Let's see some maps :D

Turgenev
11-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Welcome to the Guild, subsurferus. This is the right place to learn about making maps (and to see some wonderful maps as well). This place is a treasure trove of info!