PDA

View Full Version : Hilhod Burning

Zeta Kai
11-20-2008, 06:37 PM
The village of Hilhod is burning to the ground. Why? Well, you'll just have to investigate to find out.

Scale = 5' per square.

Created in Illustrator & Photoshop.

Sigurd
11-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Very pretty, and very clear.

Are you the same Zeta Kai from Giant in the Playground?

Welcome.

Sigurd

Steel General
11-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Very Cool (so to speak :D)!

Zeta Kai
11-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Very pretty, and very clear.

Are you the same Zeta Kai from Giant in the Playground?

Welcome.

Yup, that's me. Somebody on the Homebrew forum last year had a link here. I'm been lurking for a while, but I realized the homebrew crew didn't have much to say about my maps. So I decided to post some here & get some constructive criticism. It's good to see you here, Sigurd, & I hope you like this one, because there are more to come.

Hey, how do I make a thumbnail for my images?

torstan
11-20-2008, 09:38 PM
When you write a post in the advanced format there's a paperclip in the tools above the box where you compose the post. If you click the paperclip you get an attachment manager where you can add images. When you want to place them in the post, click the paperclip again and select the name of the attachment you want to place in the location of the cursor.

jfrazierjr
11-20-2008, 09:59 PM
I edited the post to include as a thumbnail....

Gamerprinter
11-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Beautiful and remarkable work - I love your fire and smoke! Have some REP!

I do love realism and detail, but have been reluctant to create something like this in that the smoke really obscures the other buildings - though I suppose being in a town on fire, one's concerns are what is burning, rather than what is not. :!:

This gives me some food for thought regarding picking up using special effects like smoke to enhance even if slightly obscuring the rest of the map.

Looking forward to seeing more.

GP

Sigurd
11-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Welcome Zeta!

I think the map is really exciting. Strange because fire is such an active thing. My inclination would be to have a before or after map but never one in the middle.

Makes me get greedy and expect the other 1200 frames of the movie covering the whole fire :).

Lash! Get mapping!

You'll like it here. This is a great site with great people.

Sigurd

NeonKnight
11-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

Zeta Kai
11-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Thank you all very much. I made this because my gaming group (who was already on a mission) decided to take a detour & stop their ship at a burning village. So I had a week until the next gaming session to create an adventure at the burning village. This was the result.

Zeta Kai
11-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Here's a higher-resolution version, so that more detail can be seen.

MarkusTay
11-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Vey cool - I never thought to use 'real-time' elements in a map.

It looks a little large for a village, though. ;)

Mungo
12-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Hi,

Is it possible to get also the description of this village? Saw that certain locations have numbers...

I definitely plan to use this map in one of my next gaming sessions. It is really a great.

BR Juergen

Talroth
12-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Very cool effects, now you just need to make a .gif of the whole place burning down, and find a way to print it :P

Few questions:
1. Is this some kind of magic fire, that is burning what appears to be a stone wall?
2. Arson? or burning dogs running amok from the first accidental fire?
3. Is there a reason for the wind to be carrying the smoke westward, but flames in the lower left to be going east?

Steel General
12-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Cause of the fire still under investigation - but officials are leaning toward renegade smurf pyromancers with an axe to grind...(that's my take on it) :D