PDA

View Full Version : Hello, how are you lot going

EvilElitest
11-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Well I've been looking for a new forum, and i've i was recommend this. now, honestly, i'm horrible at drawing, i am totally unable to made well maps in any way. But i adore maps. I love to look at them, study them, read about them and use them in games. now on my blog (evilelitest.blogspot.com) i eventually hope to start making my own setting, through its a long term plan, but one of my largest problems has always been maps. So while i joined her, I'm afraid my position is a bit like a leech, a parasite, or a D&D party samerai. I don't really have anything to add sadly, at least not in terms of maps, but i certainly will be around trying to get a general understanding of how to properly use and make maps. So yeah, i hope i'm not too much of a hinderance and nice to see you all
from
EE

Ascension
11-26-2008, 12:21 AM
No hindrance whatsoever; glad to have ya here. Lots of maps to inspire ya and I would also suggest to poke through the tutorials to see how easy (well, relatively) to do some of the things we do. Lots of free programs to get ya started with playing around...art skills not necessary.

Zeta Kai
11-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Hello & welcome, EE! I'm glad that you came over here. I think you'll be happy here. PM me once you get 5 or more posts, & I'll give you some map-making tips. I'm a novice here myself, but I can already tell that the people here are really friendly, & eager for fresh blood.

P.S.: Sigurd is here, too, just so you know.

Steel General
11-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Welcome Aboard!

I hereby banish your 'Blue Pip o'Anonimity'

NeonKnight
11-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Well sounds like you have described about 99% of us here at one time or another ;)

Welcome home :D

EvilElitest
11-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Hello & welcome, EE! I'm glad that you came over here. I think you'll be happy here. PM me once you get 5 or more posts, & I'll give you some map-making tips. I'm a novice here myself, but I can already tell that the people here are really friendly, & eager for fresh blood.

P.S.: Sigurd is here, too, just so you know.

1) Ok, but why five posts? Is there a rule or something?
2) Nice to see you around, I'm glad to have two forums to hang out.
3) Ah, sounds like a good place

Ascension, i'll try to pick some stuff up, through I suffer both from lack of art talent and massive technophobia, so I suspect i'll take a while.

Steal General- Sweet, i can get some new title now

Neon- Thanks, i hope i'll find some place here
from
EE

Steel General
11-26-2008, 07:58 PM
The 5 post "rule" is to help prevent spamming

EvilElitest
11-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Oh ok, fair enough, good to know
from
EE