PDA

View Full Version : The Bard Returns

Arkkeeper
12-02-2008, 01:23 PM
To quote The Lord Of The Rings and Samwise Gamgee 'He took a deep breath and said "Well, I'm Back".' and yes I am back, though maybe not as active. All those that remember me from I don't know how long ago, I must apologize for my brief appearance a sudden disappearance. It is a phenomenon I like to call "The Spontaneous Odom Experience". There has been many times when I will come to an Online Community, quickly assimilate myself amongst the big names by posting a flood of information, impressing people with my knowledge and/or actions, and make quick friends. Then as fast as I came to the Community I disappear leaving behind much unfinished, amongst other things. It's because my mind is like a melting pot of ADHD, High Intelligence, and Extreme Creativity, and therefore I get easily bored with a project and distracted by something else. I can't even remember what it was that distracted me from Cartography but it must've been something good because Cartography and ConWorlding is one of my favorite hobbies. So I return to Cartographers Guild to see surprisingly little activity (I had like three Notifications after several months when I used to have like 3 to 5 every day!) and I return with the intent to finish what I started and perhaps start more things.

The first thing I will finish is The "Atlas Of ArkEarth" Project and My "Guide To Hand Drawn Atlases". Then I will attempt to finally learn how to use Inkscape and The GIMP from the many masters I have met here. Last I intend to, over time, upload quality images of all my maps so that I may display them both here and on other sites.

NeonKnight
12-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Welcome back

Steel General
12-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Welcome Aboard...again!

RobA
12-02-2008, 03:55 PM
So I return to Cartographers Guild to see surprisingly little activity (I had like three Notifications after several months when I used to have like 3 to 5 every day!)

I'd have to disagree with that :P

We did some forum shuffling so you may have missed out a great deal if you were relying on notifications...

I have seen over 30 postings in a day at times! (Especially when nearing a mapping challenge deadline...)

EDIT: Oh yeah.. Welcome back!

-Rob A>

Turgenev
12-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Welcome back, Arkkeeper. Good to see you back.

ravells
12-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Likewise, good to see your return Arkkeeper.

Robbie
12-03-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm almost offended...we have over 700 active members, and LOTS of postings going on. Notifications != Site Activity...

When you left, we forgot ya ;) The mob is fickle, ya gotta be here to get credit ;)

I'm just teasin ya by the way, I'm not tryin to be offensive, just playful ribbing. We've been busy here, and you've missed a LOT.

Arkkeeper
12-03-2008, 07:50 PM
No no I'm sure I just meant the Page's I was watching that were quite active before and during my time here seemed to just die or something, I don't mean my own pages or the pages I wasn't watching. Guess I should've worded that differently.

jfrazierjr
12-03-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm almost offended...we have over 700 active members, and LOTS of postings going on. Notifications != Site Activity...

700 active? Really? Whats the definition you are going by in terms "posted since X", or "logged on in the past x days", or what?

Turgenev
12-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Heh heh, I never use email notifications. The amount of email it would generate would drive me crazy (okay, I'm already crazy... I mean crazier :P). I always use the User Control Panel to keep track of the threads that I have posted in. That's always my first stop when I come to the Guild.

Robbie
12-03-2008, 09:14 PM
logged on in past 30 days...so that includes recent signups and lurkers...still an impressive number for a small niche site eh?

700 active? Really? Whats the definition you are going by in terms "posted since X", or "logged on in the past x days", or what?

jfrazierjr
12-03-2008, 09:27 PM
logged on in past 30 days...so that includes recent signups and lurkers...still an impressive number for a small niche site eh?

Wow... thats pretty good. I never would have expected that high a number.

Robbie
12-04-2008, 04:31 AM
Right at the bottom of the main forum page: Threads: 3,110, Posts: 36,997, Members: 3,736, Active Members: 740

And Arkkeeper, its good to have ya back, sorry about all the playful ribbing hehe

Arkkeeper
12-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Heh heh, I never use email notifications. The amount of email it would generate would drive me crazy (okay, I'm already crazy... I mean crazier :P). I always use the User Control Panel to keep track of the threads that I have posted in. That's always my first stop when I come to the Guild.

Same that's what I meant and in the two times I came in here during my absence I had a total of five notifications, and they were only comments on Maps (not mine) that were really active before and during my time, that was my only point.

Right at the bottom of the main forum page: Threads: 3,110, Posts: 36,997, Members: 3,736, Active Members: 740

And Arkkeeper, its good to have ya back, sorry about all the playful ribbing hehe

Tis Fine, I'm not in any way offended. Anyways so as soon as I'm done with school today I think I'll try to post some better images of the ArkEarth Project.

One of the developments with it is that I was able to get some 11"x14" Tracing Paper, which allows me to make full Overlays of the Panthalassa Area then breaking it up between the northward Panthalassa Megacontinent (Which is what you once knew as the Istro-Honzu Supercontinent and the Kimbassa Continent, I added a massive Dry gorge through the middle of Kimbassa similar to The Great Rift Valley and The Grand Canyon. This made it into the Yazmati-Kimbassa Supercontinent) and the southward Ameneatoisha Megacontinent (Again something you knew once as the Amenea Supercontinent I think, which was made up of Western Amenea and Eastern Amenea. Eventually I'm going to map out the Southern Half of Western Amenea that gets cut off at the bottom of the Panthalassa Map, and then add another Continent know as Toisha, which is pretty much my answer to the Asia-America Land Bridge.). So anyways I'm pretty much starting over all the Overlays. Also I just thought, it probably be easy to digitize my Maps and would love to figure out how to make a Digital Atlas or have help in that area. anyways I'll stop posting on this page and move on to my Topics.