PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Printshop Online Store Activated!

Gamerprinter
12-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Gamer Printshop's online map catalog is now active!

You can visit my site through the tag in my sig - click on any of the Online Store or POD links to take you there. You will be required to register an account.

I have all of Anna's Greyhawk maps currently uploaded and available, as well as several of my own products, including the new Battletech maps. I still have to upload over 30 maps from E.N. Publishing War of the Burning Sky campaign maps, as well as a dozen Modern Floorplan maps from 12 to Midnight.

Despite this the cupboards are bare - I will be loading all of my CG posted maps into their various Category/Subcategories, over the next few days.

When Arcana gets back we will solidify all mechanisms to get Guild maps into the Ecommerce site. Rather than creating a Guild Category, I chose to make Cartographers Guild (manufacturer/publisher). Each CG map description will include the name of the actual cartographer.

Check it out!

GP

PS: I will add to this thread as more features, publishers and CG involvement becomes available.

ravells
12-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Hey, tell me if you would like to add any of my maps to the Guild section. I'm happy to give them up for no return to myself as long as the guild gets my share. Not sure who would want to pay for my maps though!

torstan
12-05-2008, 03:51 PM
The Online Store link from your Products page is broken. Looks good though. I'd also be happy to donate a couple of maps to the cause if you are interested?

Gamerprinter
12-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Of course, I and the rest of the gaming world wants your maps, Ravs!

Really any guild member who want to send me some higher res versions of your existing guild posted maps (unless they are print-ready now,) I implore please PM or Email me, so we CAN do this!

I would love to see Robbie getting some kind of "commission check" at the end of this month to help out the Guild.

Also, if any CG members have maps they would like to profit as their own publisher, we can setup arrangements for that too. 8)

Send me a PM!

GP

PS: I'll be responding to some old PMs requesting just that, tonight.

Gamerprinter
12-05-2008, 03:53 PM
The Online Store link from your Products page is broken. Looks good though. I'd also be happy to donate a couple of maps to the cause if you are interested?

Thanks for noticing that, Torstan. I only had time to update the home page of my main site, I'll have to go throughout the site this afternoon and fix all the links.

Again, thanks!

Hey Torstan, got any maps you'd like to publish/profit with? PM me.

GP

Ascension
12-05-2008, 04:13 PM
What are the reqs for print ready at large scale? Size; dpi or ppi; cmyk, rgb, or lab? etc etc etc.

Gamerprinter
12-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Tonight, I will create a PDF guidelines book on creating print-ready map files, and post it here!

But, to quickly answer - can work with 100 ppi, but 200 ppi ideal, and 300 ppi if you can manage (better yet), RGG and Lab color is fine, don't send CMYK files. JPG is best to keep the file size down, but I can accept multiple formats.

In need CC3/DD3/CD3 maps too!

GP

Steel General
12-05-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm more than willing to donate any of my maps too... and I ran into the same problem Torstan did the first time I tried to go to the store page. It worked OK after that.

Redrobes
12-05-2008, 07:25 PM
I'll prepare a few of mine then. CGuild can have all the excess profits should there be any. I think my Nov map, July Inn, and maybe the terrain tiles are all at print res. My old random dungeon thing would be but who would want that one ? I guess my caves from the pirate cove month might be useful to somebody too.

Probably best to leave the CWBP stuff since it ought to be continuously be changing with new additions though I have been slack on my area for a while now.

Just a quick straw poll, does anyone want to comment whether my Nov Entry poster should have the new Elite style names or old Arabic ones or any other changes. If no comments then ill send it as is.

aiRo25
12-28-2008, 12:46 PM
I like your store. You might want to know that when I "click to enlarge," the image that pops up is no bigger than the thumbnail.

Gamerprinter
12-28-2008, 08:43 PM
I like your store. You might want to know that when I "click to enlarge," the image that pops up is no bigger than the thumbnail.

Yeah, that's a problem with the generic PHP code in the shopping cart. The code is built to work with a number of templates, and the template I chose does not have the feature of enlarging the map, even though it says you can.

Plus for a while all the maps were listed under manufacturers, when I wanted publishers instead. I figure how to fix that, so I did.

Thanks for pointing that out, but currently I cannot fix that issue.

GP

PS: I'll soon be adding downloadable sliced PDF maps for users to order and print themselves. For my maps exclusively, I'm charging $1.95 for a PDF, whereas for CG maps, I'll sell for $2.95 with $1.00 going to the Guild. More on that soon.

Gamerprinter
02-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Progress update... before the weekend is over, or at least by Monday, I should have all the guild member maps currently uploaded into the Ecommerce site, including Bohunk's map, several other of January Challenge maps as well as individual maps from Torstan, Ravs, Sagenlicht and a few others.

I will begin a promotion on other sites, once that's complete.

I've also just picked by both Rite Publishing and Wolfgang Bauer's Open Design Project with maps for Zobeck and a few other of their most recent publications. Its great having Kobold Quarterly onboard!

Paizo was less interested in a direct relationship with Gamer Printshop, however, they have given me permission to post "we can print your Pathfinder PDFs", so that's something at least.

There should be lots more to see, on Monday!

GP

Steel General
02-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Great news GP...

Nomadic
02-17-2009, 05:05 AM
So when will the maps be going up? I can't wait to check it out...

Qwilion
03-08-2009, 02:41 PM
I just got my first map from gamer-printshop a few weeks ago, and I must say I was quite pleased.

Our pending release of A Witch's Choice our first full-color adventure, is going to be even cooler with the print on demand capability, I know I will be getting a printing of every map, and taking them with me to Origins and Gencon to run demos.

Also the maps for A Witch's Choice were created by Catographer's Guild member Jonathan Roberts (Torstan), and they are glorious.

Steve Russell
Rite Publishing (http://www.ritepublishing.com/home.html)

torstan
03-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Edit: will be glorious. Almost there :) Just a bit more colour to add before they go off to the layout guy.

Qwilion
03-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Thread Jack
I said they are glorious, they are glorious, Wolfgang Baur said your maps are glorious! What? Am I doing paying you to post here and argue with me! Speaking of which, why are you wasting time posting in this forum! Get back to work!

Hehehehe
End Thread Jack

Don't forget to you know, get them to the gamer-printshop guy too.

Just an FYI to the guild, as per any work for hire contract we do, an illustrator (cartographer) has the rights to show off work in his portfolio AND sell prints of his work. Any profits from the sale of these maps go to said illustrator and gamer-printshop, not Rite Publishing.

Ascension
03-08-2009, 07:07 PM
We gotta hook Tor up to Turg's machine. Great news Tor! Hope it is even more glorious than stated :) But then, they always are.

Gamerprinter
04-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Just got an Email from Russ Morrissey, CEO of E.N. Publishing from that small site known as EnWorld, if any of you have heard of it. ;)

For the last two years, I've had a "gentleman's agreement" with Russ, regarding the printing of World of the Burning Sky maps for his customers. However, for the 4e version of WoBS, official licensing is going to be required to offer printed maps. All I need to do is ship him a sample map, at my cost from among the maps within the adventure arc to qualify.

Once that's done. I will be named and licensed as EXCLUSIVE Printer/Distributor for WoBS 4e maps - the only company allowed to print them for gamers worldwide.

Woohoo! That's a really big deal for me and my company! It should open more doors elsewhere - a true rockin' endorsement.

I'll repost when its official - I just wanted to give you a head's up!

GP

Steel General
04-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Great news GP, and good luck with it!

ravells
04-16-2009, 06:33 PM
That's fantastic news!! A great achievement! Here's hoping your business will prosper!

torstan
04-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Congratulations! That's fantastic news.

Korash
04-20-2009, 12:10 PM
I think someone found a winning formula 8)

Way to go!!!!!!!