PDA

View Full Version : Reference Material for Cthulhu by Gaslight Players

ravells
12-07-2008, 03:22 PM
It was a friends 40th Birthday party, which was held in a restaurant at the Royal Victoria Patriotic Building in Wandsworth, which I had never heard of. Stunning neo-gothic architecture like only the Victorians can do. It was built as an orphanage for servicemen in the mid 1800s it went onto become a hospital in both world wars and then fell derelict until it was bought and turned into flats, a restaurant and a drama school. Full history here (http://www.rvpb.com/history.htm).Not cheap to live there though, a two bedroom flat costs 500,000. (http://www.propertyfinder.com/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=504055407).

It makes a perfect asylum for Cthulhu purposes though and it's a stunning building. I ran around it taking as many pictures as I could (with my little pentax pocket camera) before I lost the light and then stitched them into panoramas when I got home. There was also a handy little map at the entrance. Pics below

RPMiller
12-07-2008, 05:53 PM
NICE!! Always love stuff like this that can really add a lot to an RPG's atmosphere.

Ascension
12-07-2008, 11:45 PM
That's a sweet building, I love Victorian architecture.

Turgenev
12-08-2008, 01:51 AM
Very nice! Thanks for the pic and the link. I can see both of them becoming useful should I ever get around to running a Cthulhu by Gaslight or maybe even a Doctor Who (set in Victorian England) RPG adventure.

ravells
12-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Here's the frontage with a sepia/vignette/filmgrain effect to make it look older...may be good for a handout? Also one with a sketchy/halftone effect to put into your adventure as an illustration.

Steel General
12-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Very cool pics...

Ascension
12-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Ooo, something about those pics makes me want to add creepy trees and some gravestones and fog...Temple of Elemental Evil like. Nice.

Arcana
12-08-2008, 06:07 PM
this goes well with the kirkbride building thread I posted in the ref material forum.