PDA

View Full Version : The Tiny Garden

strokes
12-16-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm in the process of converting the old AD&D Module 'Dungeonland' over to 4e for my campaign. I just finished 'The Tiny Garden' and thought I would share it with you folks. I'm using CC3 as my cartography application. Any comments are welcome.

Gamerprinter
12-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Nice first map post! You ought to introduce yourself in the New Member Intro Forum.

Gave you some REP, for posting a map in your first post!

Looks like you are comfortable using CC3, though, and a nice one at that. You might have saved that as a larger map, so we could see some more detail. Interesting title font, though its almost unreadable...

Welcome aboard!

GP

Gandwarf
12-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Repped!

I think it's a beautiful, crisp map. And I have to agree with Gamerprinter, you obviously are comfortable with CC3. I would be interested in a higher resolution version also.

strokes
12-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks folks. I've been working with CC3 for a couple of years now, so I feel I know my way around it all right. I've also been a long time lurker on this site, although I've haven't been around much lately. I did post a city map of Everlund a while back, but it was sometime ago. Seems like the site has gone through some changes since then.

The Title Font I used for the map is called Mutlu, a TT caligraphy font I found free online. In trying to keep with theme of a formal english garden, I thought this might work, but I thought that it was almost unreadable also. Any suggestions would be helpful with this.

This map will be used on MT, so when I get the player's version going I'll post a higher resolution map for you folks to check out.

NeonKnight
12-16-2008, 07:34 PM
I concur. Beautiful map. Well Done indeed.

strokes
12-16-2008, 08:44 PM
LOL, I just read the sticky for this thread. This may not be the appropriate place for my post. If there's a more appropriate place for my map please move. This map is still in the works and I'm just looking for some advice on making it look better.

Steel General
12-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Very nice...

I did a conversion of the Chateau d'Amberville maps a while back. Though I did them in Photoshop

jfrazierjr
12-16-2008, 08:52 PM
LOL, I just read the sticky for this thread. This may not be the appropriate place for my post. If there's a more appropriate place for my map please move. This map is still in the works and I'm just looking for some advice on making it look better.

I moved it to the appropriate forum section... Once you have a completed work, feel free to post up in the finished maps forum

ravells
12-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Beautiful concept...map's a bit dark, but I love the concept.

JoeyD473
12-17-2008, 12:14 AM
I really like this map

strokes
12-20-2008, 12:40 AM
Here's the battle map. Its at a higher resolution so hopefully you will be able to see some of the maps details.

One thing I'm not sure if I like is the red rock on either side of the free standing wall. I want it to be a flower banked grotto, with rocks jutting from the ground, forming a backdrop for a tiny waterfall that fills a shallow basin in which lotus grow. Does anyone know any tricks that can be employed in CC3 to make this look more like rock jutting from the ground? and everything I tried to make a tiny waterfall just looks horrible, any suggestions here?