PDA

View Full Version : New to GIMP

Greason Wolfe
12-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Okay, so I've downloaded and installed GIMP, and I'm getting ready to explore its capabilities. What I'm looking for now is a recommended/suggested list of reading materials and plug-ins that I should consider, particularly for the purposes of map making. I found a couple of threads that I'm going to read through when I have a bit more time, but would welcome other suggestions, so feel free to send them my way.

GW

jfrazierjr
12-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Okay, so I've downloaded and installed GIMP, and I'm getting ready to explore its capabilities. What I'm looking for now is a recommended/suggested list of reading materials and plug-ins that I should consider, particularly for the purposes of map making. I found a couple of threads that I'm going to read through when I have a bit more time, but would welcome other suggestions, so feel free to send them my way.

GW

Look at RobA's sig and get all his. Get GURM by Sagenlicht. This allows you to better organize tons of brushes, patterns, etc than the default GIMP method. Also, the link I posted in your other post is pretty much required...

Sagenlicht
12-20-2008, 06:54 AM
Hi Greason Wolfe,

maybe this link helps you getting an overview.

Cartographers Guild Scripts and Plug-ins for GIMP Overview (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=3531)

I added the link to the layerfx script to that list as well, as it makes things alot easier and I consider it pretty much a requirement for GIMP. I actually hope the GIMP devs will implement it one day as a standard into GIMP.

Redrobes
12-20-2008, 07:06 AM
In my sig is a keyword index. Check out the Gimp list - its pretty large.