PDA

View Full Version : I'm done lurking now...

loongtim
12-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking off and on here for a while and decided it was probably time to participate. You have a great community.

I still consider myself relatively NOOB when it comes to cartography, but this seems like the best place to cure myself of that problem.

I work mostly in CC3 and occasionally dabble in Photoshop and Sketchup. I document most of it at www.fantasymapmaker.com.

Assuming I attached this correctly, here's a sample of one of my recent maps:

Gandwarf
12-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Welcome to the club... eh guild.
Obviously you are no longer a noob with the CC3 software. This map looks great. There's always room for improvement of course, one of the reasons I am here myself :)

NeonKnight
12-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Welcome. An excellent looking map for CC3. Certainly not a NOOB!

jfrazierjr
12-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Are those trees stock CC3 symbols or something you made yourself?

NeonKnight
12-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Stock CC3 (Or DD3 to be exact)

Steel General
12-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Welcome Aboard!

loongtim
12-31-2008, 01:16 AM
Everything's stock so far. I'd like to eventually take a stab at designing my own symbols, but I think I have a long way to go before I get to that point.

jaerdaph
12-31-2008, 12:31 PM
I work mostly in CC3 and occasionally dabble in Photoshop and Sketchup. I document most of it at www.fantasymapmaker.com.

Very nice work with CC3, loongtim! I'm looking forward to my day off tomorrow and playing around with the copy of City Designer 3 I got for Christmas.

Ascension
12-31-2008, 12:45 PM
I like Greenville on your site; especially like Dead Duck Pond...made me laugh. Nice job there.

Gamerprinter
12-31-2008, 12:52 PM
I recognize you from the comments you've posted when you (tried) give me REP. Unfortunately, you need at least 10 actual posts before you have a point of REP to give! ;)

I don't mind, I appreciate your comments still!

We prefer participants to lurkers - so glad you showed your face and welcome to the guild, officially now.

Nice CC3 work, I've dabbled, but you should know by now, I'm the Xara guy here at the guild. But I can appreciate your work, all the same, Nice Job!

Have some REP yourself!

GP