PDA

View Full Version : Another new member signs in

Nialas
01-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi everyone.

I just joined recently, and I'm amazed at how good everyone's work is. Thanks for all the tutorials, especially for GIMP.

I hope to find the time to do some decent maps of my own to post for advice/critique. I've dabbled with creating maps for years, but they never looked good. With the tips I've gotten so far (and I've just scraped the surface of what's available), I think I can improve.

I've got a couple of old continent maps to post, and I may try to improve these or make a new one. I haven't decided which path to take yet.

I also want to learn enough to make simple battlemaps for use with MapTool, or to print out for tabletop D&D.

The first map was done with the Hexmapper program about three years ago and is scaled down around 25%. The full size is around 33 inches by 48 inches.

The second map is a hand drawn map I made about 10 years ago. It never looked quite right to me, and now I know about the "river rule" (thanks!).

I really enjoy the site.

Nialas

Gamerprinter
01-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Welcome to the Guild! Always great when you're first post includes a map, so Kudos and REP!

My specialty is printing RPG maps, so all the makes I create are at least 24 x 24 sometimes bigger than what you posted above. Check this month's mapping challenge - I'm offering a prize for the winner, in a large format print of their map.

Oh, and I see you noticed your river problems, so I guess you're safe from any actions on my part as Deputy River Police!

Again, welcome - start up a new map, so we can critique and guide you!

GP

Steel General
01-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Welcome Aboard!

joćo paulo
01-11-2009, 11:15 AM
show more of this

Welcome Aboard!

Nialas
01-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Joao, if you're asking for the full size version of the Hexmapper map, here it is. Converting from bmp vastly reduces the file size.

joćo paulo
01-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Uhmmm!has several types of terrain.

NeonKnight
01-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Welcome to the Guild!