PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Languard

languard
01-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Hello all. I've been into mapping for quite some time. Many a class in high school (not to mention a few in college) were spent drawing instead of taking notes. I have a rather wide range of mapping interests. The majority of what I plan on posting here will be what I call the 'creative' aspect of just creating maps more based on form than function. On my website is where I focus on algorithms (mainly in C#) for generating 3D maps, as well as other various programming topics related to mapping.

For the most part I use Campaign Cartographer 3 plus addons when I do the creative side, though I've been thinking about trying to integrate those maps into XNA.

Hoel
01-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Welcome aboard!
post some of your work, we'd all like to see it

NeonKnight
01-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Welcome fellow CC3 user. We need more to outnumber the Gimpers ;)

Gandwarf
01-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Welcome...

And Neonknight, give us a few days and CC3 owners are the majority on this forum.
Muahahah!

Hoel
01-11-2009, 07:34 PM
is there a vector vs raster war brewing here?

Steel General
01-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Welcome Aboard!

languard
01-12-2009, 12:08 AM
is there a vector vs raster war brewing here?

If there is I'll be caught in the middle :D While I do most of my work in CC3, I do work a lot with raster as well. Example attached. The map itself I claim little creativity for, as I was following through the CC3 video tutorial. The post-processing in Gimp was (mostly) me though. Exception being the background texture, which is from princess-of-shadows (http://princess-of-shadows.deviantart.com/).

Hoel
01-12-2009, 06:32 AM
Looks nice enough. Good symbols.
The font of the labels are a bit off thou, and I the southern river needs some policing

Redrobes
01-12-2009, 09:07 AM
On my website is where I focus on algorithms (mainly in C#) for generating 3D maps, as well as other various programming topics related to mapping.

Just been to your site but could not see anything in the technical side of things. You got any description of what your doing or examples / pics etc ? Just interested as I program mapping tools too.

languard
01-12-2009, 10:03 AM
I just got the website setup, so it'll be a few days before I start getting code and articles up. Gotta get my collection organized first.

Vandy
01-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi, Languard.

Welcome to CG. From what I've read in your thread, you're going to fit in really good around here. I like your Swiftfall Island map -- especially your terrain. For me, I would want more definition in the rivers. Overall, it's a great map.

I see you're from Olathe, KS. It's nice to have a fellow Kansan here. I'm originally from Russell.

Regards,

Gary

Gandwarf
01-12-2009, 01:00 PM
If there is I'll be caught in the middle :D While I do most of my work in CC3, I do work a lot with raster as well. Example attached. The map itself I claim little creativity for, as I was following through the CC3 video tutorial. The post-processing in Gimp was (mostly) me though. Exception being the background texture, which is from princess-of-shadows (http://princess-of-shadows.deviantart.com/).

I approve of this map :D
Well done!

ravells
01-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Clean, simple and effective. I like the desaturated look. Good use of CC3.

Midgardsormr
01-12-2009, 11:07 PM
I see you're from Olathe, KS. It's nice to have a fellow Kansan here. I'm originally from Russell.

I had not noticed that. I'm from Wichita.

eViLe_eAgLe
08-11-2011, 12:50 AM
I've heard of a dj called Languard.. Are you him?