PDA

View Full Version : January Entry: Mysterious Island

MarkusTay
01-13-2009, 12:20 PM
This is a remake of an old map (one of my first), which I've started re-doing twice already, and now this will be my third attempt.

I wanted to use some of the mapping elements Clercon used in his 'monthly pick', but unfortunately 15 days was too short a time-perod for me to create a slew of new textures and develop new techniques (and not be embarrassed by the results).

So I'll just keep it simple, and use what I know for now - at a later date I will re-visit it once again and try different mountain styles and terrain textures, but in the mean-time I'll at least have a chance of having something finished for this challenfge by keeping it very simple.

The place-holder is of the origainl, in all it's low-res, ugly glory.

Rahva
01-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Looks cool. I know this is not the actual product, so not much to say. But it's good to know I'm not the only one that redoes things over and over :P

Steel General
01-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Looks cool. I know this is not the actual product, so not much to say. But it's good to know I'm not the only one that redoes things over and over :P

Oh you are definitely not the only one...

MarkusTay
01-25-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm out of this one - major problems at home and I couldn't even think about the computer for a week - My furnace went down (puffback) and I lost my heat overnight, and pipes froze & burst, so I've been repairing stuff and cleaning-up a huge mess the past ten days. :(

I still want to re-do this map, but I think it would be better for me to take my time and not enter any challenges - I want to develop new techniques, and I think that would be easier in an open-ended project.

My bad for entering - I should've realized from the beginning it was a waste, since I wasn't going to be able to do what I wanted regardless.

My Apologies --- Mark