PDA

View Full Version : Featured map intent.

Robbie
09-02-2006, 11:06 PM
As you probably all read in the email I sent out to all members. I intend to have a featured map added to the homepage. In order to do this...I of course need submissions. And to get submissions, They have to be considered Finished Maps. Thats what this particular sub-forum is for.

I'm looking for "nominations" for the first featured map to feature...I would feature my own, but that would be egotistical. So post either your nominations here if its not your map, or post a new thread with one of your "needs to be featured" finished maps in this sub forum and mention that you'd like to submit it for featuring in that thread.

Talamar
09-09-2006, 07:44 AM
I love the Cryam Enach Map made by Shadowfane (in the WIP forum)

Sir Alain
09-10-2006, 12:20 AM
I second that :)

ravells
09-10-2006, 04:21 AM
Agreed!

Ravs

Shadowfane
09-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks guys!

Well, that'll teach me to be too busy to come and check on the site - I nearly missed my own celebrity!

For my part I'd, like to vote deanatglobe's "The Clans of the Bear Tribes" political map (the one with the coloured edges). Simple, elegant, and oozing style!

As for the Cruach Emyn map, I played around with the text edges a bit and tried a title - didn't like it as it made the map look too cluttered. Finally I decided it's done as is. Any major other work on style, like making the juxtaposition between clean textures and hand-drawn look as mentioned by RPMIller, will have to wait to another map.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Shadowfane