View Full Version : The New Kid on The Block

01-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Hello Everyone!

I have been an avid gamer for years, since age 12 actually. That makes me a gamer for going on 24 years...eek!

Anyway, I have worked with the Campaign Cartographer series in the past and am finally looking into getting #3. I just wondered if everyone thought it was worth it. #2 was pretty cool, and I made some decent maps for the experience I had with the CD set. I never got too deep into it though because I'm impatient to learn too many annoying commands!! LOL, anyways I am going to buy #3 now and hope to be making some maps....I may need help along the way....I found this awesome site and only hope that I can grow with the community.

Thanks Everyone !! :)

Steel General
01-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Welcome Aboard!

I'm not a CC user but there are a bunch of them here, I'm sure one will be along soon and answer your questions.

Please post some of your work and let us see what you can do.

01-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Welcome Dragonhawk. What kind of maps do you plan to create?

I never used CC2, but I think CC3 is worth it. Especially City Designer 3, which I use almost exclusively. There are some excellent video tutorials on the Profantasy site (or YouTube) on CC3 or Dungeon Designer 3 nowadays. Also if you plan to do cities, I am busy creating a few tutorials myself for City Designer 3.

01-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi and nice name/handle. In my sig is a keyword index and in that are loads of CC3 links to threads here so browse away.

joćo paulo
01-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Welcome couple Mapper:)

01-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Welcome. I use CC3 and all its add-ones exclusively, so Yeah, I think it is 'worth it' ;)

01-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Welcome to the guild Dragonhawk. I dont use CC3 but trawling around here has shown me that those who do speak very highly of it.

01-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Wow thanks all for the nice words !!

I will upload some of my CC2 stuff, maybe tonight. But I just received my software for CC3 and am going to dive into it tonight as well. I'm interested in getting some feedback. It may be some time before I will have some CC3 stuff to show you all. Thanks again for the warm welcome!!

01-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Post up some CC3 stuff. Pointers are a great way to get a feel for the software, :D