PDA

View Full Version : [unpaid]P1 - King of the Trollhaunt Warrens

Nebulous
01-27-2009, 09:29 AM
I lack the skill to make the maps like the artists here, but has anyone thought about doing the maps up from this adventure? After Thunderspire i think i might skip Pyramid and go to this one, as it looks like a lot of fun.

Nebulous
01-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Oops, i probably put this in the wrong thread, Mods.

NeonKnight
01-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Problem is, after Thunderspire, your players will be either mid 7th or 8th level, and P1 requires them to be at least Paragon level, or Level 11 at minimum.

I had thought of doing it, but the maps are so.....cavey, I am not sure.

Phantos
01-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Problem is, after Thunderspire, your players will be either mid 7th or 8th level, and P1 requires them to be at least Paragon level, or Level 11 at minimum.

I had thought of doing it, but the maps are so.....cavey, I am not sure.

I'd gladly commission them from you, though I'd probably vy for the Pyramid maps first. I dunno if you accept donations / commission work, however...

NeonKnight
01-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Oooooooooohhhh I always accept commision work ;)

Phantos
01-28-2009, 06:07 AM
Give me an e-mail at phantos@gmail.com sometime and we'll talk rates, etc.

BranMakMorn
01-28-2009, 06:35 AM
Ahhhhh!!! Phantos you spoiler (just kidding)!

Neon please finish the POS maps before!!! PLEAZE....

(Neon I'm sure ALL the people of this forum greatly appreciate your incredible work for KOTS and TL, don't leave us alone :()

Phantos
01-28-2009, 06:54 AM
I wouldn't want them to be exclusive... In fact, I just want to donate so he can release them faster for us!

BranMakMorn
01-28-2009, 07:56 AM
God bless you then! :D

RobA
01-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Moved to Mapmaking Requests. please read the sticky for requests!

Thanks,

-Rob A>

loydb
01-28-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm for sure skipping Pyramid as well, it just seems lame to me.

I'll do some custom stuff to bridge the gap to Paragon tier.

Nebulous
01-28-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm for sure skipping Pyramid as well, it just seems lame to me.

I'll do some custom stuff to bridge the gap to Paragon tier.

That's exactly what i was thinking, just do some custom games until i get them exactly where i want them for Trollhaunt. By then, at the rate we play, that could be six months to a year from now.

NeonKnight
01-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Heh, seems we are all skipping Pyramid. I liked the concept, but once inside, you are well, stuck :(

Nebulous
01-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Well, this is cheating, but i found a map on WotC of Trollhaunt in low res, don't know which one, and i fiddled with it in photoshop for about 10 minutes. Now it's 24" x 20". As far as i'm concerned, this is game-worthy, especially given the time i spent on doing it. It's a far cry from the pretty stuff created here though. I don't know, what do you guys think? With PosteRazor it's a cinch to print out on card stock.

Trollhaunt Map (http://www.zikadik.com/images/trollhaunt map.jpg)

Bolongo
02-03-2009, 04:41 AM
Well, this is cheating, but i found a map on WotC of Trollhaunt in low res, don't know which one, and i fiddled with it in photoshop for about 10 minutes. Now it's 24" x 20". As far as i'm concerned, this is game-worthy, especially given the time i spent on doing it. It's a far cry from the pretty stuff created here though. I don't know, what do you guys think? With PosteRazor it's a cinch to print out on card stock.

Trollhaunt Map (http://www.zikadik.com/images/trollhaunt map.jpg)

That encounter is one that's included on the poster map you get with the module. Some might feel the poster map is actually harder to use, though, since it's kind of dark and muddy TBH.

Anyway, WotC have all the maps for P1 and P2 up in their galleries, though you might need to be a DDI member to access them, not sure. The ones for P2 are even available in versions without monster placements. These all seem to be at the same resolution as in the books. Probably the same images used in printing I guess.
I've blown them up 4-5 times to get the 1" squares, cut them up with Posterazor, and had a friend print out A3 colour sheets at his job. They look pretty good. Unfortunately my friend has quit that job now, so not sure how we'll cope with P3 and onwards...

DerekMoyes
04-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Oooooooooohhhh I always accept commision work ;)

You don't have a PayPal address laying around, do you?

I've already gotten significant value from the H2 and H3 maps you've posted!

NeonKnight
04-24-2009, 12:16 PM
You don't have a PayPal address laying around, do you?

I've already gotten significant value from the H2 and H3 maps you've posted!

It is the same as my email address:

neonknight@telus.net

and I have already started mapping this monster mod ;)