PDA

View Full Version : Test Dungeon and a Bonus Texture

RobA
01-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Inspired by IndustryGothica's experiment (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=4122) I liked his wall style, so I figured out a way to generate a seamless version (512x512):

Then I wanted to put it to use so I doodled up a little test map to put a masked copy of it to use.

I gotta get back to dungeon mapping, it's fun!

-Rob A>

Nomadic
01-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Please tell me your technique, that looks so incredibly good. Have some rep *bonk*

ravells
01-30-2009, 03:47 PM
The thing I love most about RobA's work is that he does it all in Gimp. While us photoshop users shell out tonnes of money to buy stuff, RobA makes it!

Steel General
01-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Nice texture and dungeon Rob...I'm sure I'll find a use for this.

RobA
01-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Please tell me your technique, that looks so incredibly good. Have some rep *bonk*

Thanks. Are you looking for details on the tile or the map?

-Rob A>

Nomadic
01-30-2009, 05:33 PM

-Rob A>

I am curious as to how you made your floor tiles (texture and coloration). I can make some assumptions but I am unsure exactly what you did. Also, how do you get your tiles to line up so well? Do you just draw over a grid (and how do you do circular rooms). Remember I am using photoshop not GIMP.

Thanks.

sambrookjm
01-30-2009, 05:39 PM

-Rob A>

Both, please! :)

Turgenev
02-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the grey brick texture, Rob! I've snatched that image for future use. ;) I tried to rep you for it but I have to spread it around a bit more before I can do so again.

jfrazierjr
02-03-2009, 07:26 AM
I am curious as to how you made your floor tiles (texture and coloration). I can make some assumptions but I am unsure exactly what you did. Also, how do you get your tiles to line up so well? Do you just draw over a grid (and how do you do circular rooms). Remember I am using photoshop not GIMP.

Thanks.

Gimp has a filter to create grids, so more than likely thats what he did (assuming he did this manually instead of using his DMM script, which uses that filter). The filter can be set for size/distance between, offset (from edge of image), and size of the lines.

JFJohnny5
02-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Nice textures. I like. Thanks for making the seamless wall texture. I plan to grab that and play around with it. I also like the background (outer wall) dark grey rock. That one from anywhere in particular?

RobA
02-03-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm not sure where that one came from, JFJohnny5, so I don't feel I should share the seamless texture. Sorry.

(though something tells me it might have come from Generica)

-Rob A>