PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used a Cintiq?

JFJohnny5
02-04-2009, 11:05 AM
First let me say I love my Wacom tablet. I've got an older Intuos 6x8. I've had it for...man, over 8 years I think. I'm sure I don't use it as much as I should, but Photoshop et al. has always been my hobby, not my job. So i don't feel guilty. And when I do reach for it, I love the versatility. Anyway, I've always thought the Cintiq line is just amazing. I'm in a position now where I could actually get one. It certainly isn't anything I "need" but then neither is the other tablet. :) I'm just curious if anyone here has any experience really using one. How do you like it? Good stuff, bad stuff? etc etc

jfrazierjr
02-04-2009, 03:59 PM
First let me say I love my Wacom tablet. I've got an older Intuos 6x8. I've had it for...man, over 8 years I think. I'm sure I don't use it as much as I should, but Photoshop et al. has always been my hobby, not my job. So i don't feel guilty. And when I do reach for it, I love the versatility. Anyway, I've always thought the Cintiq line is just amazing. I'm in a position now where I could actually get one. It certainly isn't anything I "need" but then neither is the other tablet. :) I'm just curious if anyone here has any experience really using one. How do you like it? Good stuff, bad stuff? etc etc

I know Robbie (Arcana) has one for his job (I am so jealous!) Not sure about anyone else though, most of the other people who post on the Tablet thread seem to have Intuos, Bamboo(me), none, or another brand.

loydb
02-05-2009, 01:01 PM
I have lusted after one forever, which is strange, as I can't draw.

Robbie
02-05-2009, 05:38 PM
I do have one and it is absolutely the greatest thing in the world. I would whole heartedly recommend it to you. Just make sure that you can get a good angle on it...you have to adjust some of your normal ergonomics, which kinda makes it suck at first but if you stick with it, its awesome. I've actually worked my way nto a configuration where my second monitor is above the cintiq..so from the side it looks like this:

/
\_
With the underline being the keyboard and the slashes are my two monitors...cintiq on the bottom.

ravells
02-06-2009, 02:25 PM
I could not possibly recommend a Cintiq. Stay away from them!

The colour of this text probably tells you why I say this. :0

JFJohnny5
02-07-2009, 10:03 AM
That's an interesting setup Arcana. I have two monitors (just regular old monitors) setup like that now. A 24" wide on the bottom with a 20" wide above it on a protracted arm. I think I'd like to use the Cintiq mostly on my lap... I never considered this sort of "easel" setup below the monitor. Hmmm...

Robbie
02-08-2009, 04:34 PM
I'll try and get a photo monday.

Bedwyr
02-08-2009, 09:54 PM
PM sent to you JFJohnny5.

Robbie
02-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Here's my arrangement..works pretty good.

JFJohnny5
02-09-2009, 06:48 PM
drool.....

Steel General
02-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Nice set-up there Arcana...

Robbie
02-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Thanks ;)

AND you guys see as my wallpaper the early stages of the USNS Pecos Navy Oil Rig, used for refueling navy ships. I'm building it because we're going to recreate the Dec 99 CH-46E crash from the pilots perspective. (look it up on youtube as 46 crash or something, its the one where the helicopter hits the deck of the ship too soon, pulls up, and gets tangled into the netting and flips over into the water.)